SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Anfield Redevelopment | Liverpool | 54,074 - 61,000 | U/C

1M views 3K replies 273 participants last post by  Portobello Red 
#1 ·
i've heard 60,000 and 61,000. can anyone confirm either way?

anyway, there's been (at last) a positive development with this project. thanks to Paul D of the uk scouse forum for posting the news:

New Anfield is back on track after £10m grant

See less See more
#244 ·
This is simply the greatest designed new stadium ever finally someone has realised that not ever stand has to be uniform and split into tiers for two rows of corporate boxes, I'm no Liverpool fan by any means but this design beats that everton one by about 10 times!!!!!

#265 ·
:lol: Its a fucking abomination! You go to a football ground to watch football, not oggle a shower of camera-shagging mongs hell bent on getting on TV. Why focus he ground on the steep, flag-wavers end? Is the action on the green bit that unbearable? :?

Badge Man Sampara might just leave his local for a gander...

I do hope it's built, and the £300m debt fucking strangles the bastards! :cheers:

#276 ·
Cheers, Mike, Really wanted to see if from that angle.

I'm loving it.

Funny how the negative comments seem to be coming from opposition fans, whilst some of the more positive comments are coming from the Liverpool fans themselves, and people who are interested in architecture and not so much the hatred between clubs.

#280 ·
i'm a liverpool fan and an architect and all i can say is that it's better than the previous design, but i'm far from convinced.

the proposal is moving in the right direction but a club like liverpool has so much to draw from in terms of inspiration that the design is still lacking in imagination imo.

imagine the allianz arena with the kop end glowing red on match days- what a sight...