daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Old March 8th, 2014, 06:20 PM   #321
CHT

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleline4 View Post
The 5 weeks are preparation time for participating firms to submit their interest by tendering. The authority would then leave the various studies and proposals in their hands, which is the purpose of the tender.
I doubt it will just be expressing of interest as I am sure lta would expect some prelimary studies and proposal for the crl before they could decide which firm has got the best thought out solutions and offer.

Am I right that this is the first time lta is using external company to plan the location and alignment.
CHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 8th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #322
mcarling

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT View Post
I doubt it will just be expressing of interest as I am sure lta would expect some prelimary studies and proposal for the crl before they could decide which firm has got the best thought out solutions and offer.
This is more than just an expression of interest. It seems to include a price bid on doing the study. Bear in mind that the firm which wins this tender may or may win some of the construction tenders.

Quote:
Am I right that this is the first time lta is using external company to plan the location and alignment.
Final decisions on location and alignment will stay with LTA. They are just outsourcing the engineering.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #323
aforl

Likes (Received): 17

My speculation map on the CRL, plus the NCL ("future RTS" that breaks off at the interchange of the CRL and Punggol spur line), and the PLAB Line ("spur line to future commercial centre")...

Pink: ERL
Light Yellow: JRL

mcarling, leonardot liked this post
aforl está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #324
CHT

The west coast interchange is likely to be quite massive as it potentially will have to connect to Haw Par Villa CCL through a new southern coastal line.

Hence I think that the ideal location for west coast interchange will be the empty plot of land right next to monterey park condo, as this will serve both pandan garden, present and future private residential development, as well as people working around pandan loop area.

More importantly, having a station right there will sure to generate substantial returns for government when those empty lands are put on sale for residential development.
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:13 AM   #325
aforl

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
The west coast interchange is likely to be quite massive as it potentially will have to connect to Haw Par Villa CCL through a new southern coastal line.

Hence I think that the ideal location for west coast interchange will be the empty plot of land right next to monterey park condo, as this will serve both pandan garden, present and future private residential development, as well as people working around pandan loop area.

More importantly, having a station right there will sure to generate substantial returns for government when those empty lands are put on sale for residential development.
I do agree that a southern coastal line (or west coast line as I prefer to call it) will be built in the future, I prefer the line to connect to NUS, Kent Ridge, Science Park, Alexandra, Depot Road/Bukit Merah, Radin Mas, and then potentially into the future Keppel CBD area, Brani and eventually into the Marina South area.
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #326
y2koh

Likes (Received): 64

MRT Cross Island Line

That may be possible, but will this southern coastal line be a line on its own, or an extension of another line?

If it's a line on its own, it's a bit too short I'm afraid. If it's an extension of CRL, I think the spur line will be one too many. If it's an extension of JRL, my question is that if in the likely case JRL is an elevated light-medium capacity line, how far can it run until it becomes unpractical? I will therefore dare say that this connection can be made by the JRL extension in the future, but Haw Par Villa should be the furthest it will go.

I wouldn't really harp on the dead exact location of west coast or even the size of it, but the stretch of west coast highway from Pandan River all the way to West Coast Walk is possible, but I think it should be towards the east, at least 400m away from the river. Likewise, there should be a station in Teban Gardens, Ulu Pandan and Hollland Plain, exactly where I think it's too early for even LTA to say. West Coast may even be quite small, considering that the transfer may just be an expanded underground to elevated level connection.

On the other hand Clementi may be massive, considering that flats surrounding the area are all under SERS to free up land around the possible interchange station.

I think more interesting are the NCL and Tai Seng spur that aforl has proposed. I think by now the route for NCL should be quite obvious, considering that the stretch from Woodlands North to Seletar will be developed as the North Coast Innovation Corridor under MP2013, which is a compelling justification for a line, sooner than the south coast line in fact since I think PSA will still occupy Pasir Panjang Wharves until at least 2040.

As for the Tai Seng spur. It's possible considering long term development, but I think that by then the Paya Lebar area should deserve its own line.

Last edited by y2koh; March 10th, 2014 at 02:31 AM.
y2koh está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:48 AM   #327
CHT

I am pretty sure that the section of JRL from Jurong East to West Coast will be underground and West Coast station will be a fully underground interchange connective JRL, CRL and future extension along southern coast.

West Coast Walk area doesnt seem possible to me because of its proximity to Clementi station, tight turning radius, as well as space restriction along the section of West Coast Road.

I would actually think that west coast station should actually help release some traffic load at clementi station. At the moment the roads leading to clementi stationn are already very congested during the morning and evening hours.

Last edited by CHT; March 10th, 2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #328
ddes

Likes (Received): 156

Assuming Tuas Crescent CRL is underground, that would be one hell of an interchange, with the EWL station located above the vehicular viaduct of Pioneer Road.

I appreciate the work done by y2koh and aforl for the CRL, but is it just me, or is the Tuas Crescent station terminus a little wasted? Considering the new deepwater port development in Tuas South "South", and the "considerable" distance it will be from residential Singapore, surely there'd be a need to cater for these port employees instead of getting them all the way to Tuas Crescent, and then backtrack one station to Gul Circle to take the as-yet-announced-but planned Tuas South extension.
ddes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #329
mcarling

Likes (Received): 142

Might it not make sense for the Tuas South extension to be an extension of the CRL (local only, no express service)?
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #330

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Might it not make sense for the Tuas South extension to be an extension of the CRL (local only, no express service)?
Whether it is built as an extension of the EWL or CRL, the Tuas South Extension is very likely to start from Gul Circle station. In the case of the former, I agree with ddes that the CRL should interchange at Gul Circle to facilitate transfers to the Tuas South Extension, if/when it is built.
201911 no está en línea   Reply With Quote