daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Quebec

Quebec Discussions in english and franšais

Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:22 PM   #1
BlocQuebec
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

To hell with height limits?

I thought we had a height limit of 205 m above street level. Why is this 230 m tall skyscraper allowed to be built??? I would like to see it get built, but the last time I checked skyscrapers weren't supposed to be taller than the 1000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1300_Re...A9vesque_Ouest
BlocQuebec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:06 PM   #2
Ashok

Likes (Received): 968

I highly doubt that that the tower is going to be Montreal tallest, and the building will surpassed the 205m height limit. It’s possible thou, height limit is put in place to preserve the view of the mountain.

However, any by laws can get special exclusion from the city. All you have to do is go to the city hall, and present your case and gives benefits as to why the building is better at 230m then something that is less then 205m. Then a committee is to decide whether there can be an exception to this by law or not, the public may or may not have a say in it.

Anyways, I do not know where wikipedia got the height information from, there is no reliable source other than empiros, and that site does not even have the height.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:41 PM   #3
Gjm130

Likes (Received): 0

Anyways, I don't this building will be completed. It was proposed in 2004. The land is the parking lot of the Bell Center, just across the IBM Tower.

And I doubt that this 50 storey building could reach the heights of 230m.
The 1000 has 52 stories and it's height is 205m!

I would love to see it go up, but we've all waited to much. It ain't gonna happen.
Gjm130 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:52 PM   #4
TooFar
moonage daydream

Likes (Received): 59

Certainly a nice looking tower, however I don't believe the demand is there for such a large building.