SkyscraperCity Forum banner

WTB | DUBAI | Burj Dubai | 818m | 2684ft | 162 fl | U/C

2M views 8K replies 794 participants last post by  Charles Dubai 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#2 ·
thanks for starting new thread. this thread should prove interesting. The height should reach 500m and we should see some cladding.

#4 ·
yes! its now 436m. or 123fl.
to reach planned lev156 or 586m top of concrete equates to 33 more floors or 150m!
If they rise a floor every 3 days, thats 99 more days before concrete top out or 3months or early August? i wonder if then Emaar will construct all the wings to catch up to lev156 before proceeding with upper steel frame?

#5 ·
Would be great if there wold be only 99 days left to construct the concrete core, but there are another bunch of mechanical floors (L138-L142 i think) and numerous core reconfigurations after L142. My predictions are 5-6 months till L156:) And I dont think this thread will see any cladding, because last thread lasted less than a month and in one month it wont be june yet. But I will be happy if there will be any surprise sooner :cheers:

#7 ·
das eney hawe a tv dockementary a bout burj dubai ?
end were can i get it from ?
lol, I love trying to decipher your spelling. Any chance of using a spellchecker? :nuts:

#11 ·
yes, i did notice that tier 12 is slightly lower than taipei101. oh well, all good things come to those that wait!

one thing i wonder about this structure -- because it will be so tall, and contain a large steel structure on it's crown, will the total height vary due to external heat factors from the sun? maybe it will be half a meter taller in the heat of the summer?

#12 · (Edited)
The foundation is made up of 192 concrete and steel pilings more than 164ft/50 m deep. They are joined by a 4m/12ft-thick raft upon which BurjD rests.
> 45,000 cubic meters of concrete was used in the foundation.

#14 ·
Hi Everyone, My question is to CULWULLA or anyone who is has experience in burj dubai building procedure... i'm a UAE local and know for sure how hot the weather will become for the next couple of monthes as well as the humedity lavel.. will that effect the construction procedure for the next period(summer season)?? i know they wont allow wroking at the noon period... but just wanna know if there any procedure they might follow to maintain the speed of construction procedure or no differences might occur??... thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.