daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Phototeka

Phototeka Urban photo's of skyscrapers, skylines, architecture and cityscapes

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 9182

Neum, BiH

NEUM is the town in small portion of Adriatics (24km) of BiH.

Quote:
Neum is favorable situated on the middle of the southern Adriatic Sea coast. The linguistic root of Neum means 'new'. It originates from the word 'neon' that dates back to before 533, when the municipality was referred to as Nouense and Neunense. And indeed: Neum is a new tourist town with new views on some of the previous values of this land... it has a new vision with new ideas and new approaches. Neum is rich with medieval stecci tombs, which are the emanation of the national spirit, passing down the messages that run through centuries and time in parallel with church records in this door to Christianity.
With its 24 km. of splendidly diversified coast, Neum is the only entrance of BiH to the sea. There are approximately 5,000 beds, out of which 2,000 beds are in high class hotels. The remaining beds are mainly private accommodation in typical stone masoned Dalmatian homes. Its proximity of significant, interesting and attractive towns such as Dubrovnik, Mostar, Korcula, Hutovo Blato and Medjugorje enhances the entire tourist offer of Neum and makes it even more attractive for trips, outings, and large group tours. See you there!

webshots:

anyone knows which place is this? I got it as Neum but it's not

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 27th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #2
CVRKI
Stop the World...

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum
anyone knows which place is this? I got it as Neum but it's not
Primošten
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:18 PM   #3
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 9182

thanks never heard of it and looks grea!

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #4
CVRKI
Stop the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum
thanks never heard of it and looks great!
Jeste lipo misto, ima valjda dvadesetak godina kako sam proveo leto tamo i ostali su mi narocito u pamcenju smrad pregorelog pomfrit-ulja i miris nemacke kuhinje (bio je prepun nemackih proletera, od onih koji nemogu provesti leto bez kiselog kupusa)
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #5
MIMICA

I absolutely love Neum. It has some sort of really realaxed feeling that most other small towns don't have. I can see it becoming a very important city when it comes to tourism.
Once things get situated alittle more, nice hotels will be built, and it'll look even better!
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #6
Pavle
BANNED

Ах...Неум (на основу овог "ах" можда мислите да уздишем за Неумом, ха ), мени један од најомражених вароши на Јадрану. Претпрошле године када сам са старим ишао према Пељешцу у Неуму нам је пукла гума! Читав дан смо тражили вулканизера, али не! Нема па нема, и на крају је дошао камиончић Ауто - мото савеза Хрватске и пребацио нас до Дубровника гдје су нам намонтирали нову гуму. У међувремену смо читав дан провели на 45 степени, асвалт упек'о, немамо ни динара, а ваља чекат' оне из Дубровника. Ужас!

Добро, можда је ово мало субјективно, али док смо чекали те Дубровчане читав дан сам провео тамо и немам много лијепих ствари да кажем за то мјесто. Један шопинг центар, који хотел, нема лијепе плаже, гужва...није ми јасно ко ће поред нашег дивног Јадрана баш у Неум?

Поздрав,
-Павле
Pavle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #7
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavle
Ах...Неум (на основу овог "ах" можда мислите да уздишем за Неумом, ха ), мени један од најомражених вароши на Јадрану. Претпрошле године када сам са старим ишао према Пељешцу у Неуму нам је пукла гума! Читав дан смо тражили вулканизера, али не! Нема па нема, и на крају је дошао камиончић Ауто - мото савеза Хрватске и пребацио нас до Дубровника гдје су нам намонтирали нову гуму. У међувремену смо читав дан провели на 45 степени, асвалт упек'о, немамо ни динара, а ваља чекат' оне из Дубровника. Ужас!

Добро, можда је ово мало субјективно, али док смо чекали те Дубровчане читав дан сам провео тамо и немам много лијепих ствари да кажем за то мјесто. Један шопинг центар, који хотел, нема лијепе плаже, гужва...није ми јасно ко ће поред нашег дивног Јадрана баш у Неум?

Поздрав,
-Павле

Wow, that does absolutely NOTHING to the users that can't read Cyrill.
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:06 PM   #8
Kommandant Mark
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Who cares. I understood it just fine
Reading cyrillic comes more naturally to me than reading/writing this latin script...

Pa Neum bi trebao da se razvije u glavnu luku BiH...da sve sto se uvozi/izvozi ide preko nje...sverc-komerc
Kommandant Mark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #9
SpotlessMind

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant Mark
Pa Neum bi trebao da se razvije u glavnu luku BiH...da sve sto se uvozi/izvozi ide preko nje...sverc-komerc
BiH already has Ploce for that....

Old April 29th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #10
Pavle
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMICA
Wow, that does absolutely NOTHING to the users that can't read Cyrill.
You can't read Cyrillic?! And you call yourself Bosnian? Sarajlija? Shame on you!

Cheers,
-Pavle
Old April 30th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #11
MIMICA

Quote:
You can't read Cyrillic?! And you call yourself Bosnian? Sarajlija? Shame on you!

Cheers,
-Pavle

I'd hate to tell you, my life is all Latin. I never found a reason to learn Cyrillic, or even want to. You have the right to use whatever language you would like, and go right ahead.
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #12
Pavle
BANNED

No, you can use whatever you want, but I'm surprised you don't know cyrillic! Man, 49% of your country is using cyrillic alphabet! How will you find a job in future? Think about that...
And sorry for asking, but how old are you?

Cheers,
-Pavle
Old April 30th, 2005, 12:55 PM   #13
MIMICA

Quote:
No, you can use whatever you want, but I'm surprised you don't know cyrillic! Man, 49% of your country is using cyrillic alphabet! How will you find a job in future? Think about that...
And sorry for asking, but how old are you?

Cheers,
-Pavle

I already stated that you can use WHATEVER you'd like. I'm fine for the future, thank you very much.
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #14
Sarajka

Likes (Received): 2

Sarajka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:17 AM   #15
Kommandant Mark
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Is there enough room on Bosnia's coastline for a second town to be built?
Kommandant Mark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:37 AM   #16
Sarajka

^ Ahahaha Ahahaha

I love living a country where that's a legitimate question.

Of course there's room, Kommandmant - not much, but I mean...24 km of coastline should be able to squeeze in two towns.

We use Ploce though, for everything, so there is no...conditions present...that could lead to the development of another town.
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:18 AM   #17
MIMICA

I personally don't really see the reason for another town to be built. Just fixing up Neum alittle would make it just as good as two towns, but that's just my thought.
Old May 14th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #18
yugoboy
Emperor of Unitic

Likes (Received): 1

Neum, has nothing special to offer, its just so bland hehe.. even when Sarajevo, Mostar, Banja Luka, Trebinje become bigger tourist attractions I don't think little Neum will ever!
yugoboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2005, 06:28 AM   #19
Sarajka

^ Neum already is, moreso than the others mentioned, Yugo.

Neum will never be anything more than a little place to buy gas and get something to eat between Dubrovnik and the rest of Croatia, but that will always keep it well up there in terms of tourism and business.
Old May 14th, 2005, 03:44 PM   #20
KhApZ!

It looks very nice. Bosnia only has 24 km of coastline, wow! You could buil 1 city joining Neum and another city on the Coast. But then again you have Croatia right nextdoor and they have beautiful beaches. Sometimes it is just nice to have a nice quiet beachtown tho.
KhApZ! no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: