SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Pamje nga Shqipëria | Albania Photo Gallery

1M views 4K replies 278 participants last post by  Edi_H 
#1 · (Edited)
Too many pics in this thread, won't work.

Can a mod delete it?

#52 ·
^^That's Skenderbeu Castle in the small town of Kruja (25 minutes North of Tirana) where he was born.
It's very beautiful in the inside as well.
It has murals of Skenderbeu with his soldiers, the rooms inside are exeptionally preserved and it has military, culinary and other objects in the museum inside.
It's quite fascinating stuff.

That Tirana pic is just a bad angle pic, it doesnt show the view of the city like it should.

#58 ·
Very interesting that bridge in Skrapar, the town where they make the best rakia in all of Albania:yes:
I remember once they showed a documentary in the early 90's about the commies having built some kind of a tunel inside a mountain in Skrapar region.
That was the secret hideout for Hoxha in case of an invasion from the West, they even showed video of the tunel, it was huge like an underground metro almost but inside a mountain.
It was constructed with steel and concrete inside and had all accomodations you would need, almost like a hotel.

#64 ·
lakerdar123 said:
we have so few albanian members now. one is in Afghanistan alot were banned. And I feel so useless :cry: cause I can't find anything.
I am still around Europe arranging my trip :)

Osum River is amazing.

For all guys travelling to Albania and look for accomodation, there is a backpackers hostel now. It is in a great location in downtown Tirana and is really cheap (5€/night) and in very good conditions. Furthermore the guys there now where to take you to see the wild parts of Albania safely :) A little research around the web will get you there (Osum river trips too :D).

#71 ·
Pics from Albania

The border between Albania and Macedonia

A old house in Berat.

Again the city of Berat.

Dhermiu

A door in Berat

Durres

Durres Beach

DURRSII

Himara

Stupid guy :p