SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tirupati | Tirupati International Airport | TIR

98K views 271 replies 52 participants last post by  Anvesh AB 
#1 ·

The airport is laid out in a site area of 300 acres. The scope of work includes master planning, detailed architectural, MEP, landscape and interior design. The integrated passenger terminal building covers roughly 3,90,000 sft in two phases. The form of the airport has been evolved from the form of an eagle in flight i.e., Garuda, the carrier of Lord Vishnu. As Tirupati is a famous pilgrimage renowned for its temple of Lord Venkateswara, a form of Lord Vishnu. The estimated cost of the project is approx Rs. 1470.0 million for phase I.
http://www.adpl.in/projects.html

See less See more
#161 ·
Direct flights to Indore, Vijaywada, Delhi and Mumbai by Zoomair

New Delhi-based Zoom Airlines is introducing flights between Delhi-Indore-Tirupati-Vijayawada-Mumbai and Vijayawada-Tirupati-Indore-Delhi by the end of July as part of the Regional Air Connectivity (UDAN) scheme, according to officials of the State Infrastructure and Investment Department, who informed Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu about it at a review meeting on infrastructure held

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...om-air-to-operate-from-ap/article19097252.ece

#164 ·
Tirupati is most visited pilgrimage in the world. More than 2.7 crs people visits only Temple. Now also home for IIT. Its foolish to think that there is no demand.

Huge demand in Domestic sector like Mumbai - Tirupati, Pune-Tirupti, Vizag-Tirupti, Madurai-Tirupati, Delhi-Tirupati, Hyderabad, Varanasi.

Many international passengers using still chennai to visit temple. With Indigo entering here sure people will know about demand of this Airport in a year or 2

#165 ·
Traffic is there, no doubt. You need to look at the fact what part of it is "air traffic" worthy.

Most of the pilgrims are group travellers and those that travel long tours visiting many temples. Most of them simply won't be able to afford a flight ticket. You've simply listed all routes stating they have traffic.

The traffic of Tirupathi that is flying today is mostly made up of personal travellers. Very few are those that come only to visit the temple (excluding the season time). If what you say is true, with the "huge" demand, airlines would have enetered long back.

And FYKI, indigo is entering interested with the ATR. If they wanted to fly BOM or DEL, they can easily enter today itself.

#166 ·
Well Said. There are massive crowds at Tirupati, but it does not mean that air travel is the preferred choice of transport for all these persons. I'm not saying they cant afford it, but factors like timings, itinerary, group size etc. affect their decision.

I'm also not saying that this will be the case forever.. When IndiGo enters TIR, it will open up the airport to their nationwide network, drastically increasing the number of possible connections and somewhat reducing ticket price. Traffic at the airport will increase organically.

But lets be realistic. TIR has seen flights right from the 90's. If it hasn't grown in leaps and bounds in the last few years when the industry grew at 20%, then I can't be called foolish for suggesting that TIR does not have sufficient demand yet.

#167 ·
When a big International airport like MAA exists merely 4 hours away from Tirupati, you can be sure that majority of cost-conscious air travellers will prefer that airport. Only the ones who are willing to spend extra to save those 4 hours choose to fly from TIR. And that set of people are a very small crowd. In the future, when the cost of flying reduces nationwide, obviously MAA will also get cheaper, and the cost-conscious crowd will still likely prefer MAA over TIR.

Back to square one.

International status for TIR only means that foreign devotees on an international charter flight can now zip to the temple without having to go via immigrations at MAA (or BOM/DEL, etc).

#175 ·
Actually there is a big scope to start international flights from Tirupati to Gulf regions ..especially to Kuwait.
Im working in Kuwait & there are lot of peoples from nearby Tirupati , Cudappah, Rajampet working here. All off them are depending chennai airport.

I think delaying international flights from Tirupati is bcoz of the political lobby from chennai airport.

#176 ·
City pair stats for July 2017

CITY 1-----------CITY 2 ----------TO CITY ----FROM CITY 2
DELHI----------TIRUPATI -----2082--------------1919
GOA-------- TIRUPATI-------- 0 --------------99
HYDERABAD-TIRUPATI----------21803-------------21929
MADURAI---- TIRUPATI---------- 0 ---------------28
MUMBAI-------TIRUPATI------ 1375 -------1081
TIRUPATI------VIJAYAWADA-------785 ---------------915

#187 ·
I guess they will eat AIs ATR routes for their breakfast in their next announcement.

Oh, boy! 6E is going to wreak havoc on the competition, especially in the South. If only 3 ATRs can do this, I can't wait to see what will happen when they get 7 by March 2018 and 20 by the end of 2018!!

#198 · (Edited)
Whatever ,
6e never failed in their accurate planning.
u c both rja n tir both will touch million passenger mark Max in yr time.
Both have huge potential .
Only aviation companys are not tapping these markets correctly .
Not these 2 cities , I mean all tier 2 cities are surely under estimated.
Now AAI should increase their infra n security , radar system.
Next yr more birds u c in sky.
Huge expansion plans by companys should not b hintered with above causes.

#202 ·
6E's plan is to leverage its A320 network to feed ATR operations and vice versa. BLR-TIR isn't aimed at pax from Bengaluru, its aimed at pax from across the country who will transit at BLR.

6E currently has over A320 100 daily departures from BLR. Thats 36,000 daily seats. I don't think they'll have trouble filling up an ATR to TIR.. In-fact, i see them scaling up operations soon...

#200 ·
RJA cannot reach 1 million mark for sure in next 4 years. Current capacity at RJA is 20k per month. TIR for sure have bright chances of joining 1M club by fin year 2018-2019. If Indigo delays their entry further at VGA, there are bright chances that TIR might over take VGA this fin year.

Any how good aviation year so far for South Indian cities.