#1 · (Edited)
Models of New Integrated Teminal

Courtesy:mdu.Raja

Note: Changed the wrong renders

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Renders of New Integrated Teminal

Courtesy: Fusionst
Dear KG, the terminal picture is not the one which is being developed. Pl check earlier posting in madurai thread.

KG has modified and posted the correct photos now. Thx KG

#14 ·
I am glad to see Madurai Airport also in development...I hope Sri Lanka flights will be connecting Madurai very soon.. By the way How many flight parkings available in Madurai airport ???
not sure, but yes I am sure UL will be flying to Madurai soon. From the pics, it looks like Madurai airport will be bigger and more spacious than TRichy, so hopefully more parking spaces too. Given Madurais location from the other big airports in the region ie. Chennai & Bangalore, Madurai has better scope for expansion than Trichy I guess.

#16 ·
not sure, but yes I am sure UL will be flying to Madurai soon. From the pics, it looks like Madurai airport will be bigger and more spacious than TRichy, so hopefully more parking spaces too. Given Madurais location from the other big airports in the region ie. Chennai & Bangalore, Madurai has better scope for expansion than Trichy I guess.
Since madurai is between 3 to 4hrs distance from many important tourist locations & pilgrimage locations such as Kodaikanal, Thekkady periyar wildlife sanctury, courtallam, Rameswaram, Palani etc etc I am sure madurai will attract more foreign airlines than trichy. Madurai itself is known worldwide for meenakshi temple. Also middle east has good number of people from south TN. Atpresent most of them fly to Trivandrum and take taxi. They will find madurai as more convenient and better. So madurai will have definitely international connections starting with Middle east and far east by next Feb/March.

Atpresent madurai airport has 4 aprons and steps are taken to increase it to 6.

New terminal of trichy is having an area of around 11000 Sq.Mtrs and Madurai terminal will have built up area of 17600 Sq.Mtrs. Roughly 50% more than trichy terminal size.

#18 ·
Since madurai is between 3 to 4hrs distance from many important tourist locations & pilgrimage locations such as Kodaikanal, Thekkady periyar wildlife sanctury, courtallam, Rameswaram, Palani etc etc I am sure madurai will attract more foreign airlines than trichy. Madurai itself is known worldwide for meenakshi temple. Also middle east has good number of people from south TN. Atpresent most of them fly to Trivandrum and take taxi. They will find madurai as more convenient and better. So madurai will have definitely international connections starting with Middle east and far east by next Feb/March.

Atpresent madurai airport has 4 aprons and steps are taken to increase it to 6.

New terminal of trichy is having an area of around 11000 Sq.Mtrs and Madurai terminal will have built up area of 17600 Sq.Mtrs. Roughly 50% more than trichy terminal size.
good observation. Also apart from Midle East I think there are many people from South TN who travel to Singapore, Penang, KL & Sri Lanka. So yes Madurai certainly has a good scope for growing fast. I also think it would be beneficial to open up Jaffna airport and connect it with Madurai. There is huge trade & tourism potential as lot of Tamils in Sri Lanka would like to visit Madurai & the South TN regions. Also the Jaffna-Madurai route is a lot cheaper international connectivity than flying to Chennai or Trichy from Colombo.