daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Old April 18th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #17121
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepage View Post
I see MHT pool is totally in the shade...someone hasn't thought this through I'm thinking. Pool but no sun isn't a good mix. Kp
The sun moves throughout the day, it doesn't stay in the same place all day

That picture would have been taken in the morning around 9-10am. By about 2pm the sun will be on Marina Heights pool and The Torch pool will be in the shade.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #17122
FWIW

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The sun moves throughout the day, it doesn't stay in the same place all day That picture would have been taken in the morning around 9-10am. By about 2pm the sun will be on Marina Heights pool and The Torch pool will be in the shade.
The earth moves around the sun! Not the other way round! But understand your point!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #17123
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
The earth moves around the sun! Not the other way round! But understand your point!
You need to pay better attention to my posts, it appears that you do not UNDERSTAND my point

I am specifically referring to the sun's movement in the sky through the day. As the Earth takes 1 year to move around the Sun, it is clear that that orbit DOES NOT CAUSE the sun's transit between 10am and 2pm

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #17124
Josau
It's show time, folks!

Likes (Received): 25

For those who want sun at the Marina Heights pool deck, there is always a sunny spot throughout the day, as the deck runs around the entire building. As of the pool: true, it is in the shade some parts of the day and this will increase with Marina Gates project; but in Dubai most of the year a pool in the shade is a blessing. Others put sun sails over their pools to keep the sun out.
Josau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #17125
Dogday

Likes (Received): 1

Good real estate agent for Botanica

Hi everyone,

I am selling a 1 bedroom flat in the Botanica which has been updated with new countertops, new sink, new hood, extra cupboards by the kitchen in the hall, larger closet in the bedroom. Full sea view and just below the penthouses.

My question is I need a good and reliable real estate agent who takes real photos and is professional. Does anyone know of an honest real estate agent out there?

Maximalist liked this post
Dogday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #17126
what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogday View Post
Hi everyone,

I am selling a 1 bedroom flat in the Botanica which has been updated with new countertops, new sink, new hood, extra cupboards by the kitchen in the hall, larger closet in the bedroom. Full sea view and just below the penthouses.

My question is I need a good and reliable real estate agent who takes real photos and is professional. Does anyone know of an honest real estate agent out there?
Allsop & Allsop are the best. Contact a sales agent named Julie Ferrari. All the best.
what? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 01:14 PM   #17127
kepage
Kevin Page

Likes (Received): 0

Hi Does anyone know where this Marina Gates project is going to be built, how big, tall ect.Thanks. kp
kepage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #17128
Rider

Has anyone had Select telling them that there is a new project in front of the Torch and that now is a good time to sell?
Rider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #17129
arfie

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Has anyone had Select telling them that there is a new project in front of the Torch and that now is a good time to sell?
Yes I have i told them first time ever heard of the developer telling clients to sell up .

However going to keep my 2 bed marina facing unit views will be mostly gone but I still believe location is good so good long term rental income.
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #17130
FWIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfie View Post
Yes I have i told them first time ever heard of the developer telling clients to sell up . However going to keep my 2 bed marina facing unit views will be mostly gone but I still believe location is good so good long term rental income.
That is outrageous! After years of waiting for the unit, going through credit crunch, stress, etc. they have some front. Good on you putting them straight!
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
FWIW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #17131
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfie View Post
Yes I have i told them first time ever heard of the developer telling clients to sell up .

However going to keep my 2 bed marina facing unit views will be mostly gone but I still believe location is good so good long term rental income.
Sales staff being re-assigned to Torch re-sales gives an indication as to how sales are going at the Residences.

Selling now doesn't make sense given the history of delays and the fact that views will be no worse than Torch facing apartments at the back of the Residences. Also there is the weak dirham for many whose source currency is GBP or EUR.
Rider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #17132
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 70

Agree, it does not make financial sense to sell Torch units at present, especially if you are on LPP.

In fact, anyone looking to buy in marina gate, should consider buying in the Torch instead, same price and better views in Torch marina facing units than there will be in marina gate Torch facing units and good rents in the Torch now over the next 7 years+

Last edited by Dubai_Steve; May 8th, 2014 at 06:53 PM.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #17133
FlyJim

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Steve View Post
Agree, it does not make financial sense to sell Torch units at present, especially if you are on LPP.

In fact, anyone looking to buy in marina gate, should consider buying in the Torch instead, same price and better views in Torch marina facing units than there will be in marina gate Torch facing units and good rents in the Torch now over the next 7 years+

Hi Steve,

Could you validate this please?

I have looked into this and have noted the following:

1) Current asking prices on propertyfinder.ae are quite higher than the LPP FINAL price that may be some years away, so you get that value now

2) Paying-off the LPP early apparently yields a saving too

So, if you were to sell now, you would make a profit on what you had paid to date, no?

Thanks.
FlyJim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #17134
shakka

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyJim View Post
Hi Steve,

Could you validate this please?

I have looked into this and have noted the following:

1) Current asking prices on propertyfinder.ae are quite higher than the LPP FINAL price that may be some years away, so you get that value now

2) Paying-off the LPP early apparently yields a saving too

So, if you were to sell now, you would make a profit on what you had paid to date, no?

Thanks.
I can confirm that there is now a profit compared to LPP even though LPP has a built in £30-40k profit going somewhere.
shakka no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai, dubai marina