daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Old November 8th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #161
CHT

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranho View Post
About my proposed CIL's Ayer Rajah Station, I did take into consideration into the space constrain (although looking at it again, the curve may not be ideal). I would it may be possible (but it depends on further ground studies) if TBM is used to construct the tunnels and not cut-and-cover. Also, it is possible to tunnel under existing flyovers, such as what NEL did between Woodleigh and Serangoon.

In the first place, my idea of having CIL's Ayer Rajah station is to provide an MRT coverage into a more denser area of Clementi west of the AYE. The location may not be the best place, but it is a better location only in terms of MRT coverage. In actual fact, I did consider taking out West Coast in favour for Ayer Rajah or near the denser area.

About having an MRT Line through West Coast Road and/or West Coast Highway, I chose West Coast Drive in favour for area coverage and did not consider space constrain that much (also because that part of the Line is a last minute addition). Having the Line going under West Coast Highway is preferred construction wise but I feel that is it not economically sustainable (especially along the section bordering West Coast Park) as the area coverage is only about half as effective than if the Line goes under West Coast Road.
I actually think the the west coast station is important as there are several residential sites near the area which are not launched yet. And for sure, government will be able to see immediate return if they launch those sites after the announcement of station alignment.

As for the Ayer Rajah station, I think it will be better if it is located further east because at the moment, around 60% of the coverage area within the 400m radius consist of japanese schools, big traffic junction, landed estate, nursing home, low rise hdb shop houses food center etc. Plus residents living closer to AYE might actually choose to use Clementi stations instead.
CHT está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #162
y2koh

Likes (Received): 63

I think both options are possible, just note that excavation for stations anywhere near Pandan River is not recommended because of the high water table. Secondly, MRT stations need a straight section of at least 300m, unless you want to consider a curved platform.
y2koh está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #163
Aranho

Likes (Received): 14

I did consider Ayer Rajah to be located further east, but this may leads to a non-interchangeable Clementi, having a similar (or worse) situation as, for example, Rochor and Jalan Besar, or Bencoolen and Bras Basah.

Well, I'll just leave it to LTA to decide on the better economically sustainable alignment. :P
Aranho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #164
CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2koh View Post
I think both options are possible, just note that excavation for stations anywhere near Pandan River is not recommended because of the high water table. Secondly, MRT stations need a straight section of at least 300m, unless you want to consider a curved platform.
What will be the idea distant from pandan river?
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #165
CHT

Has LTA awarded the tender for JRL engineering studies?
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #166
deskoh91
Land Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 28

CCL6's preliminary studies seem to be kicking off first, not JRL.
deskoh91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #167
ddes

Likes (Received): 153

Might JRL's engineering studies be less of a priority since according to some of the previous generation of SSC forumers, JRL was nearly given a go-ahead previously?
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #168
leonardot
MRT Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 16

Erm...guys. This is apparently, the very first tender for JRL being called for: ER456.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/tender/?scr=yes&pgno=25

Tenderers have been shortlisted..
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #169
CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardot View Post
Erm...guys. This is apparently, the very first tender for JRL being called for: ER456.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/tender/?scr=yes&pgno=25

Tenderers have been shortlisted..
thanks for the info.

AECOM has already done some consultancy work for Jurong Lake District. that should give them an edge over the others.

http://www.aecom.com/deployedfiles/I...ges_%20v2c.pdf
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #170
CHT

JRL tender awarded to PARSONS BRINCKERHOFF PTE. LTD. for $4.5m.