daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Old April 8th, 2014, 02:13 AM   #2861
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 4525

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAN_ View Post
2 670 - 2 700 mm
thank you....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 8th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #2862
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 115

I made a new schematic map of Moscow subway network.

Stations are labelled in Cyrillic and Latin.

I tried to make it as symmetrical and harmonious as possible but still small enough to be printed on 20cmx20cm

You can see it in better resolution on

www.inat.fr/metro/moscow/
Old April 10th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #2863
XAN_

Likes (Received): 364

zidar fr, nice map! Though it misses one good future from official map - it seems that 3+ station transfer hubs are just connected randomly, rather than representing possibility of direct transfer between stations.
-H. Krsch, 2002
XAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #2864
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 533

Ulitsa Podbelskogo station (northern terminus of Line 1) will be renamed Bulvar Marshala Rokossovskogo station. The actual street named Ulitsa Podbelskogo was renamed in 1994. Bulvar Marshala Rokossovskogo is the name of another street in the same neighborhood.

http://www.interfax.ru/moscow/370737
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #2865
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 115

@Xan

Thank you

On transfer stations with more than 2 lines I usually simply show the possibility of transfer from any line to any other one, regardless of the physical proximity of the platforms or direct connections since this is a schematic map. You can see it on Kievskaya in Moscow or on any other of my maps.

Colors are displayed in a random order according to the lines that pass through the colored circles inside the station.

Now the tricky part comes when each platform/station has different names, it happens in other cities too but in Moscow it is quite common. I always represented that case with two black and white circles and a line connecting them so that you can clearly differentiate the stations and their names. For example Kuznetski most / Lubyanka.

On three-line transfer stations I implemented the same politics linking stations with corridor lines, considering it to mean simply that you can transfer from any line to any other regardless of the actual distances or layout.

Nevertheless since the Moscovites are used to a design where every platform/station is connected to all others maybe I should add a third corridor to represent it, even though I think it is redundant.

May I suggest giving a unique name to all platform/stations on transfer points (like it is already the case at Kitay Gorod or Kievskaya) to ease my work

@Woonsocket54

Is the change effective, should I implement it immediately on the map ?

EDIT:
I made the changes on the map (press ctrl+F5 to refresh) with more corridors reflecting the transfer possibilities. After all it was only 3 station to adapt.

Last edited by zidar fr; April 10th, 2014 at 11:42 PM.
zidar fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 04:55 AM   #2866
Sameboat
Map assistant

Likes (Received): 2

The problem is many Moscow Metro transfers with same names (e.g. Kievskaya, Kurskaya, Tagaskaya, etc.) are usually treated as separate stations. These transfers are usually connected with corridors between platforms (or "halls" whichever etymology you prefer). Except for the cross-platform interchanges like Kuntsevskaya (3-4), Kitay-Gorod (6-7), Tretyakovskaya (6-8), Kashirskaya (2-11) and Park Pobedy (3-8) (also the upcoming Petrovsko-Razumovskaya for 9-10), it's still preferred to denote the nature of the transfer with same name.

I don't blame you for the current design. Another Russian designer, Ilya Birman also discarded such detail in his Moscow Metro map.
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #2867
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 19089

I don't find this a problem as these stations ARE indeed separated each having its own ENTRANCE/EXIT, which may also be situated very far from each other.

Ilya Birman is just one of the designers, and his map was far from being really good and convenient.

P.S. Don't forget that you in Hong Kong have an example of transfer stations with different names: Central - Hong-Kong.

My trips:
Annecy JUL'2011 | Lausanne JUL'2011 | Paris JUL'11 | Xitang DEC'11 | Latvia MAY'12 | Beijing WIN'12/13 | Canazei ecc MAR/APR'13 | Shanghai SUM'13 | Hangzhou SUM'13 | Hong-Kong JUL'13 | Dubai SUM'13
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #2868
Sameboat
Map assistant

Likes (Received): 2

I guess I was being system biased in this case. To think a about it, Paris Metro also shares some similar transfer structure with Moscow Metro.

There is only 1 transfer in Hong Kong that the platforms of 2 lines are far far apart from each other but share the same station name. Mei Foo Station was originally 2 separate stations operated by 2 different companies but restructured into 1 fare zone following the 2007 merger of MTR-KCR. But then the transfer itself doesn't have in-zone connection to another station with different name similar to Kurskaya-Chkalovskaya.
Old April 16th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #2869
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 1658

And there are just few in Moscow. It's all started in 1970's. A time, when all city master planning profession was seriously compromised by low quality engineers. This was made into a law. And I hope it won't take long to remove the pointless rule by modern officials.
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:15 AM   #2870
Kolony
Skyscraperman

Likes (Received): 191

If Belomorskaya is postponed, does that mean that Khovrino is too?
Kolony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:53 AM   #2871
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 2796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolony View Post
No, Khorino will be opened next year, the planners are just relocated in another place

geometarkv liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:13 PM   #2872
Bibigon1840

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolony View Post
The segment Rechnoy Vokzal - Khovrino is under construction for now (one tunnel is being built), but without intermediate station Belomorskaya.
Bibigon1840 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:23 PM   #2873
siamu maharaj
تھپڑوں کی بارش

Likes (Received): 1780

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidar fr View Post
I made a new schematic map of Moscow subway network.

Stations are labelled in Cyrillic and Latin.

I tried to make it as symmetrical and harmonious as possible but still small enough to be printed on 20cmx20cm

You can see it in better resolution on

www.inat.fr/metro/moscow/
Are there any plans to have an outer circular line?
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:26 PM   #2874
dars-dm
Skyscraperogolic

Likes (Received): 1884

Residents of Levoberezhny district want to return Belomorskaya station and now are organizing protests against the cancellation.

The problem of Belomorskaya station is that if it's cancelled, it will be probably never built as there would be two tunnels instead of the station.
Old April 21st, 2014, 06:10 PM   #2875
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
Are there any plans to have an outer circular line?
There are two under construction right now.

TPK and Small MZD Circle line.

First half of TPK should commenced in 2016-2017. Small RZD Circle line is undergoing a complete reconstruction with electrification. It will have passenger service from 2016. No metro service though at beginning. But hope one day, when RZD will have a new management they will turn it into metro.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:37 AM   #2876
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 19089

Lomonosovsky prospect station construction site.

Again, a huge XXL-mobile crane has arrived. I guess they are preparing for taking out the TDM which means that soon the second tunnel between Lomonosovsky Prospekt and Ramenki will be completed.

20 .04. 2014.

You can read more in my LJ blog (in Russian though): http://ncd2010.livejournal.com/89882.html

My trips:
Annecy JUL'2011 | Lausanne JUL'2011 | Paris JUL'11 | Xitang DEC'11 | Latvia MAY'12 | Beijing WIN'12/13 | Canazei ecc MAR/APR'13 | Shanghai SUM'13 | Hangzhou SUM'13 | Hong-Kong JUL'13 | Dubai SUM'13

geometarkv liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway