daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Bulgaria > Regional Bulgaria > Sofia

Sofia Buildings | Сгради

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 06:58 AM   #101
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bulgaria
I don't live in my native country and everytime I arrive in Sofia my heart sinks at the sight of the sad, old terminal built in the 50s. The new one would match the vibe and economic progess Bulgaria finally enjoys the last 7 years.
very true. I wonder if in 5, 10 years the cities will still look like what they were in the 80s. With all the new constructions in major cities, soon enough maybe people will stop calling Bulgaria and other countries "excommunist", because it might have been 15 years ago, the commie govt left a huge mark on urbanism.
As for the airport, every time I landed on the Sofia airport, it somehow felt depressed. Anyway, the last 7 years sure have been good for Bulgaria on paper, maybe it's because I haven't been there for almost 6 years... Now that I think of it, it might be better if I didn't ever go back there. :P
3tmk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:22 AM   #102
Sheratonmngr
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Nice terminal but why are they putting those old airbidges. They should put new glass modern airbridges like in Madrid and Belgrade. It makes it look dated.
Sheratonmngr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:26 AM   #103
new bulgaria

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheratonmngr
Nice terminal but why are they putting those old airbidges. They should put new glass modern airbridges like in Madrid and Belgrade. It makes it look dated.
Who knows. I live in the US and I have never seen the glass airbridges and I fly all the time.
new bulgaria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:29 AM   #104
new bulgaria

As for the airport, every time I landed on the Sofia airport, it somehow felt depressed. Anyway, the last 7 years sure have been good for Bulgaria on paper, maybe it's because I haven't been there for almost 6 years... Now that I think of it, it might be better if I didn't ever go back there. :P[/QUOTE]

3tmk, I go back every year (sometimes twice) and Sofia has changed thoroughly. The good think is that prosperity is spilling out in the country itself. It's not the west yet, it will probably take a long time, but many of the prerequisites are already in place.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:40 AM   #105
Sheratonmngr
BANNED

If they put 10 glass modern skybridges I would be more positive. (Just like Athens or Madrid) Dont get me wrong but Bulgaria is gonna join EU in 2007 and they are putting that old steel.

I was reading on airport forum ,Sofia airport to be 10m passengers airport in 10 years. lol That can happen if they shut down all the airports in Balkan region.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:55 AM   #106
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

my guess is new airport terminal has capacity of 6.5 million passengers, but from what see, terminal can expand to handle 20 million...

And Sofia might by 2015 handle in region of 6 million passengers, especially bc of low cost airlines...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:45 PM   #107
Dulgeroff
BANNED

To Sheratonmngr,

I am not sure what you are talking about, but Sofia's airport serviced nearly 2 000 000 this year, up by almost half a million, and the two coastal airports together serviced approximately 4 million. That's 6 million passengers just for Bulgaria, and in the Balkans there are plenty more countries with impressive growth numbers. BTW, Bulgaria has the fastest growth in tourist numbers in Europe and it is projected that this rate of passenger increase will continue into 2015. The reason being is the huge Black Sea and mountain resort boom. Also, Sofia has a strategic location at almost exactly the centre of the Balkans, and a number of important transport corridors criss-cross the city. In fact, logistics experts are viewing Sofia as the future logistics centre of the region. Couple this to its potential as a popular congress tourism location and you get the idea.

And this new terminal is not actually small. It is approximately 200 metres wide and 330 metres long. Oh and a final boost to Sofia is the current bid for the 2014 Winter Olympics. Chances are slim, but this is international exposure nonetheless. And the much greater issue is that the Balkans are developping as a whole and offer potentially the most attractive investment returns over the next 20 years. By 2020, I believe the region will suck in more then 60 million airport travellers in total. If you don't believe me, look at the stats yourself and extrapolate.

You seem rather negative, so you probably have some personal issues to resolve. That's your problem and not my concern, but since you claim to be a rational person, at the very least try to have comments that match your intrinsic profile. Otherwise I'm just going to conclude the extreme opposite and end up regarding you as a dumb-ass.
Dulgeroff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #108
blue79
it's always the same

Likes (Received): 6

I agree 100%,especially with the last paragraph
blue79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #109
new bulgaria

Dulgerov, you rock buddy. I could not have said it better.
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #110
3tmk
Rusty Robot

^personally I prefer to ignore sheratonmngr, but you guys do have a point :P
Anyway, about the new airlines, how does Hemus compare with Bulgaria Air? For me Balkan has always been [i]the[/] bulgarian airline, but since they sold it to those jews it's gone down the drain.
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #111
new bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk
^personally I prefer to ignore sheratonmngr, but you guys do have a point :P
Anyway, about the new airlines, how does Hemus compare with Bulgaria Air? For me Balkan has always been [i]the[/] bulgarian airline, but since they sold it to those jews it's gone down the drain.
3tmk, Balkan Airlines was sold to that Israeli "businessman" and evenually bankrupted. Bulgaria Air has nothing to do with the old airline and is currently 100% owned by the state. Nor for long though. A privatization procedure is to be announced later this year.
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:52 AM   #112
3tmk
Rusty Robot

^yes, as you said, Balkan just bankrupted, but why did they sell the old company just to create a new one, that they'll sell once again. Let's hope they manage this one better.
As for Hemus, I guess they're a fully private company, a little odd IMO to have two companies for a small country like ours.
Old January 24th, 2006, 03:37 AM   #113
new bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk
^yes, as you said, Balkan just bankrupted, but why did they sell the old company just to create a new one, that they'll sell once again. Let's hope they manage this one better.
As for Hemus, I guess they're a fully private company, a little odd IMO to have two companies for a small country like ours.
There are actually sevaral more: Air Via, Bulgaria Air Charter, Balkan Holidays Air, etc., but they do only charter flights. Hemus air is fully private and owned by TIM Group of your native Varna. Very shady company. You probably know them.
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #114
Sheratonmngr
BANNED

You should answer the question why they are putting old style bridges before You call me whatever you called me. If you did not notice, most European Union states are putting modern glass airbridges. (Even Moscow has them).
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #115
Kommandant Mark
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Ah, big deal..."glass bridges"
Some airports, like Zagreb & LJubljana have no airbridges at all, but doesn't stop them from having the highest passenger growth in the region.
Kommandant Mark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:11 AM   #116
new bulgaria

Държавата със златна акция в “България ер”
Авиокомпанията трябва да е частна до края на годината

Регистрираният капитал на "България ер" е 10,160 млн. лева. Авиокомпанията не разполага с движими и недвижими активи. Експлоатира 9 самолета Боинг 737, наети на оперативен лизинг, които летят по 21 редовни линии. Към момента в дружеството работят 547 души. По неокончателни данни загубите на авиокомпанията за последното тримесечие на 2005 г. са близо 4 млн. лева. Финансовият резултат за миналата година ще бъде около 0,5 млн. лв. печалба - пет пъти по-малка спрямо 2004 година. Очакванията за януари 2006 г. са загубата да надхвърли с 1 млн. лева заложеното в бизнес плана на превозвача.

100% от капитала на "България ер" ще бъдат продадени на голям стратегически или финансов инвеститор с доказани качества. Това предвижда стратегията за приватизация на превозвача, която Министерският съвет ще приеме на редовното си заседание в четвъртък. Вчера работният вариант на документа беше представен пред главните редактори на водещите медии и синдикатите. Обсъжда се и идеята държавата да запази една златна акция от капитала на "България ер", с която ще блокира важни решения за бъдещето й.
Ако кандидатът за националния превозвач е стратегически инвеститор, ще трябва да докаже по 150 млн. евро приходи от превоз на пътници и товари с въздушен транспорт за 2004 и 2005 г. или пък че превозва над 750 хил. души годишно. Изискванията към финансови инвеститори са да са управлявали през последните две години активи за над 250 млн. евро или да притежават дялови участия в други дружества за над 150 млн. евро. Поне 50% плюс една акция от капитала на кандидатите трябва да е собственост на български лица или на такива от ЕС.
Освен цената, която ще плати, купувачът трябва да увеличи и капитала на "България ер" с 20 млн. лв., пише още в стратегията.
Кандидатите ще бъдат оценявани по различни критерии - цена, размер на инвестициите, развитие на мрежата от редовни линии и специална социална програма. Присъстващите на представянето синдикални лидери подчертали важността на социалните ангажименти, които кандидатите трябва задължително да поемат. Социалната програма трябва да включва запазване на работните места, програма за обучение и развитие на кадрите и поемане на ангажименти за поетапно увеличаване на възнагражденията. На срещата било отчетено желанието процедурата за приватизация да бъде открита с цел да се постигне по-добър резултат от предишния трагичен опит с приватизацията на "Балкан".
Да се привлече консултант по сделката, който да направи маркетинг за потенциалните купувачи и да подготви тръжната документация, предлага транспортният министър Петър Мутафчиев на заседанието на кабинета в четвъртък.
Приватизацията на "България ер" трябва да приключи до 6 месеца след като парламентът одобри представената от кабинета стратегия.
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #117
new bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheratonmngr
You should answer the question why they are putting old style bridges before You call me whatever you called me. If you did not notice, most European Union states are putting modern glass airbridges. (Even Moscow has them).
Because a herd of sheep jumped off the bridge does not mean that we have to do it too. I am sure you would do it though.
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM   #118
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

any updates new photos, I'm really looking forward to completion of this project, I think it is nice looking airport,

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #119
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Likes (Received): 8025

what an abso ****** lutely beautiful airport good job bulgarians its really cool
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #120
new bulgaria

More money and another delay. Strabag, get your act together.

Щрабаг” искат
Още 15 млн.евро и ново удължаване на срока за завършване на новото летище в София
Мария Василева
8 Февруари 2006

Строителната фирма “Щрабаг” е поискала допълнително 15 млн. евро и още едно удължаване на сроковете за завършване на новия пътнически терминал на летище София, съобщи в сряда транспортният министър Петър Мутафчиев по време на работен обяд с Германо – Българската индустриално-търговска камара.

Поредното искане на австрийската фирма, която е главен изпълнител на обекта, е отправено до консултантите – холандската компания “НАКО”. От транспортно министерство все още не са се запознали с мотивите им, уточни министър Мутафчиев.

Специалистите от ведомството са сигнализирали консултантската фирма за възникналите проблеми със срутилата се конструкция на новия терминал и са поискали незабавен анализ за причините за това. Падналият 500 кв.м. окачен таван е бил открит случайно от служители на софийския аеропорт в късния следобед на 5 февруари, уточни Мутафчиев.

От Министерство на транспорта са изискали от “НАКО” да им бъде изпратено и искането на “Щрабаг” за допълнителните 15 млн.евро.

Министърът добави, че при последните преговори с фирмите, които строят новото летище София, са уточнили 12 август 2006 година като краен срок за предаване на пътническия терминал и 1 ноември за краен срок за завършване на новата пистова система.

Специалисти коментираха, че е голяма вероятността “Щрабаг” да иска допълнително 15 млн.евро заради поскъпването на горивата на международните пазари и повишаване на цените на стоманата, които надхвърлиха 5%.

Министър Мутафчиев информира, че до дни ще приключи изборът на консултант, който ще обслужва правно отношенията на Министерство на транспорта със строителната компания “Щрабаг” и инженера на обекта. Веднага след сключване на договора, министерството ще поиска от правния консултант да уреди проблема с неустойките за държавата, заради сериозното закъснение при предаването на обекта.

В началото на миналата година австрийците поискаха от тогавашния транспортен министър Николай Василев допълнително 5,6 млн.евро и удължаване на срока за предаване на новия пътнически терминал с 10 месеца – до края на октомври 2005 година. След преговори с консултантите “НАКО” министър Николай Василев заяви, че са постигнали споразумение за удължаване на срока с 8 месеца до 31 август 2005 г. и допълнително 4,8 млн.евро.

Както показа практиката, строителната фирма “Щрабаг” отново не спази сроковете и надхвърли значително исканата първоначално отсрочка от 10 месеца, при това без да понесе загуби от нарушаването на контракта. И отново иска допълнителни средства, но този път два пъти повече.

Tags
airport, bulgaria, sofia, terminal