search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Charlotte

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #2901
cadi40

Likes (Received): 1

I don't mean immune, But less hard hit then other Major Cities.
cadi40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2017, 02:24 AM   #2902
CLTNC

Likes (Received): 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadi40 View Post
Charlotte Meklenburg County has already passed 1 M. If I had to guess, Charlotte City Limits will get near or over 1 M around 2020.
More like 2024 or 2025
Charlotte should be around 897,365
CLTNC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2017, 03:06 AM   #2903
Rhodium

Likes (Received): 817

300 West Summit Ave. office to break ground

Quote:
A new, three-story office building is getting underway in South End, adding to the area’s ongoing boom.

The 64,000 square-foot building at 300 West Summit Avenue is being developed by Stiles, and it will include a 2,000 square-foot rooftop terrace. The plan also includes underground parking. Stiles expects to complete the building in September 2018.

“This project sets a new standard for boutique office in South End,” said Chris Grenier, Stiles senior vice president of development in the Carolinas, in a statement. “With a spacious rooftop terrace that is underscored by unobstructed views of the uptown Charlotte skyline, we aim to raise the bar for office space in South End and continue our contribution to the evolution of the area.”
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...167368167.html

wkiehl101 liked this post
Rhodium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #2904
cadi40

Anyone else worried cities like Nashville are going to out grow us?
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #2905
Dale

Likes (Received): 5444

Not going to happen. That said, Nashville does have a buzz that Charlotte lacks. Probably because of the entertainment industry.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #2906
Jai553

Likes (Received): 36

It's already happening I'm sorry but Charlotte is so behind on lots of stuff.
Jai553 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #2907
cadi40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai553 View Post
It's already happening I'm sorry but Charlotte is so behind on lots of stuff.
Like what though? I'm worried but I don't think we are behind, If anything forward. We have a lot of companies headquartered in Charlotte. The only thing Nashville has a upper hand on is its history with Country Music, Other then that you can find just about everything else in Charlotts. Charlotte has great nightlife, world class restaurants, great entertainment, Nascar, Football, Golf, Hockey, Baseball, A world class theme park, One of the busiest airports in the US, and more! I think both cities are different which is the way they are supposed to be.
Old Today, 12:34 PM   #2908
Nocsucal

Likes (Received): 5

I was in Charlotte this past weekend. And I was blown away at all the construction. And I keep up with it mind you. I mean seemed like the whole town was moving dirt. Everything so new and nice. As far as Nashville goes,,it's a nice town. But Charlotte is growing just as fast, and has a 1/2 million more people in the metro. Nashville will not catch Charlotte in those terms. Charlotte landing the dam* soccer team would go a long way in National-Global perception. I've pointed out before, take San Jose for example you'd think it's just a beach town, no teams or any other reason to even think about it. Turns out it has over a million people in the city proper and it's actually bigger than Nashville metro wise as well. And they have that perception because theres no reason to think about them. Teams go a long way in building that perception. So would love for Charlotte not to blow it w/ soccer. Especially, when MLS is almost trying to force us to take a team. Would really suck to pass on it. That's once every 20 years. Anyway,,Charlotte if not mistaken has more office space in planning/proposed/uc phases then I believe anywhere else in the country outside of NYC. And those are the projects and/or high rises you want because it's tell tell of the true health of the market. Those are new jobs, companies et... that bring new jobs, new people and create further demand for high rise residential etc... Charlotte has nothing to worry about as far as Nashville goes. Charlotte is it's own city w/ it's own future, and that future looks very bright. You'll barely recognize uptown in 5 years. Gotta land that team though. You'd be surprised at the growth the new team would create. The perception it would create as being an "it" town. A place you and your company want to be.
Nocsucal no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
charlotte, north carolina