SkyscraperCity Forum banner

JOHOR BAHRU (Johor Baharu, Johor Baru & Johore Bahru ) | Johor | District, Royal & State Capital City

2M views 7K replies 348 participants last post by  FaridL 
#1 ·
the Awesome Johor Bahru! 2 is nearly full so i thought i'll open a third thread on JB!!

Lets continue our discussion on JB!! :)

#8 ·
Johor Bahru is really sux. It is just a City of Crime. The whole city is not safe, filled with robbers and thieves. I am really embarrassed as a Johor Bahru resident to tell you this. Last Monday, I was robbed near the Overhead Bridge (Towards JB CheckPoint) besides the City Square by three KNIFE hold Chinese shit guys. I was terrified at that moment. I got two minor scratches caused by the knife and lost my phone after that. JB is really unsafe. Tourists should less often come to JB.

#9 ·
Johor Bahru is really sux. It is just a City of Crime. The whole city is not safe, filled with robbers and thieves. I am really embarrassed as a Johor Bahru resident to tell you this. Last Monday, I was robbed near the Overhead Bridge (Towards JB CheckPoint) besides the City Square by three KNIFE hold Chinese shit guys. I was terrified at that moment. I got two minor scratches caused by the knife and lost my phone after that. JB is really unsafe. Tourists should less often come to JB and becareful.

#10 ·
^^glad u didnt get seriously hurt, its is a bad experience to b mugged, the fear & depression can last for weeks, friends & family can help u get over this mugging. jb has its share of sensational crimes but i have been 2 jb many times & have found it safe, but what is important is always b aware of ur surroundings whether u r a local or tourist. i was robbed in london (money & passport), u get over it & learn to b more careful.

#12 ·
avoid walking around jalan wong ah fook and other place that are close to city square area.These areas are highly populated by muggers and very notorious.Avoid walking at segget walk,tan hiok nee walk....the best is try not to walk at Johor Bahru.Infact there's nothing to see around there except city square mall.I would suggest to the Johor bahru city council to put policemen around the city.Everywhere.Like beijing china,alomost everypart of the city u can see policemen wearing green in colour......i think it's a good idea.Wat do you think????.

#14 ·
^ wow.. i was brought up in jb in the 80s, the place was superb. and i do blve jb is still a nice place.. say y not joining Rakan Cop then (or was it Rakan Polis??).. but as all of u had said, one needs to be alert and attentive kat mana mana pun, not necessary in jb...

#17 ·
Wah sounds so unsafe though I've walked around JB day and night and never encountered any. I mean I noticed old makciks walking around with their bags at night. That shows how safe in general a city is.
I nearly got mugged in KL but luckily I ran away because of assuming muggers are never prepared for chasing. Strictly depends on the area.

#19 ·
Can someone do me a favour please? I just wonder if anyone could take some pictures for me of some place I've been to when I was in JB last year. I did not take any pictures as it did not seem interesting to me, but now I'd like to have some. :D

Oh, the places I don't know the name of LOL. Perhaps this will help: From the city (City Square) we drove past the construction area of the new immigration building, then passed the area of the Sultan Palace, and then you could see Singapore on the right in the distance. Then there was a sharp left turn, petrol station on right. Think the suburbs name was Taman Iskandar... not too sure though. Can anyone help me with this little information and if yes, perhaps take some pictures along this route, esp. the ending? That's be really great :)