daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Prairie Provinces

Old June 30th, 2008, 06:45 AM   #1
Quimby
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

The Myth of the Lewvan Interchange.

This has been talked about for so long that it has become a fable. Is this ever really going to happen?

I am beginning to have my doubts.
Quimby no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Xelebes
Salad Days Are Here

Likes (Received): 344

Which city are we talking about here? Name doesn't ring a bell to me.
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Quimby
BANNED

Rhymes with vagina.
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Quimby
BANNED

Double post

Last edited by Quimby; June 30th, 2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #5
WA
DJ Michael

Likes (Received): 5

Regina??
WA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #6
Quimby
BANNED

Correct, it is Regina. Home of Canada's worst mayor, Pat Fiacco.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #7
bradleykerr

Likes (Received): 3

Well, seeing as how the city of Regina has it listed as a short term goal for the city in their development plan, combined with the fact that they are only squirrelling away around $2,000,000 per year to complete the project I wouldn't realistically expect construction to begin until 2012. Though I assume that they will construct the t-intersections in that area soon to help with congestion.
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #8
Quimby
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleykerr View Post
Well, seeing as how the city of Regina has it listed as a short term goal for the city in their development plan, combined with the fact that they are only squirrelling away around $2,000,000 per year to complete the project I wouldn't realistically expect construction to begin until 2012. Though I assume that they will construct the t-intersections in that area soon to help with congestion.
That "short term" goal has been in "planning" for almost a decade now. Doesn't that make it long term?

or a complete illusion?
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:07 AM   #9
bradleykerr

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
That "short term" goal has been in "planning" for almost a decade now. Doesn't that make it long term?

or a complete illusion?
It has been in planning for many years, but it has been a 'concrete' short-term goal set in the official community plan only since 2006 so I think they're just calling a mulligan on those previous years of planning. But the planned signalled T-intersections that they are putting on Lewvan Drive will reduce a good deal of congestion from Gordon Road and Parliament Avenue.
Old July 1st, 2008, 03:25 AM   #10
Quimby
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleykerr View Post
It has been in planning for many years, but it has been a 'concrete' short-term goal set in the official community plan only since 2006 so I think they're just calling a mulligan on those previous years of planning. But the planned signalled T-intersections that they are putting on Lewvan Drive will reduce a good deal of congestion from Gordon Road and Parliament Avenue.
A mulligan, Fiacco has taken a mulligan on his whole time in office. He hasn't done anything but sell civic resources to corporate sponsorship. raise taxes by twice inflation, scream and cry when someone says something bad about the Vag and make promise that he can't keep.

The interchange has been needed long before development started in that corner of the city, and should have been done prior to all the commercial development that will be built first in Harbour Landing. On that point, HL is the stupidest development ever, and has change monthly (like the Diocese development) to suit Fiacco's donors needs and profits.

The point being that everything Pat Fiacco promised in his re-election has been BS. I hope that city wakes up to the fact soon, but alas the Elton John concert will make them forget his ineptness. Look for a really big concert next year, it's an election year.