daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #6381
JackFrost

Likes (Received): 1669

will you face the same problems we have with the border crossing on M43/A1 on HU/RO border? Or will traffic use the old border crossing in Kulata/Promachonas?
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 17th, 2015, 11:17 AM   #6382
gogo3o
Bulgaria

Likes (Received): 5720

I'm not familiar with the problems at the HU/RO border, but the current checkpoint Kulata/Promachonas will remain. The motorway ends here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gogo3o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 11:48 AM   #6383
JackFrost

so there will be no direct connection between A3 and greek A25?

The problem on HU/RO border is the Schengen zone, nobody really knows how the border checks will work until Romania is outside Schengen. So I guess this problem would also apply for Bulgaria and Greece. Same situation.
Old January 17th, 2015, 11:52 AM   #6384
MichiH

Likes (Received): 729

Sorry, I don't get it. Why is the Schengen Zone a problem, because there is a need for border facilities? I think the HU/RO "problem" is that the Hungarian section is not yet completed... There is no continuous motorway u/c b/n Bulgaria and Greece, so there is no problem at all.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 11:58 AM   #6385
JackFrost

Because Greece is in the zone, and Bulgaria isnt. M43 will be ready this summer, just like romanian A1, but it looks like trucks will be forced to use the old border crossing on road 43 at Nagylak/Nadlac.

However, if Bulgaria and Greece dont connect their motorways (yet) - I wasnt sure whats the case- and border traffic remains using the old border crossing, answers my question.
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:02 PM   #6386
pmalenkin

Likes (Received): 817

A3 ends before the border check-point, and I have never heard anything about a direct connection between the 2 motorways, maybe because of what you're saying. Bulgaria is not in the Schengen zone, so control is needed, and there is no clear info about when we will join it, so if in the next few years it happens, I suppose they will just let barriers open and traffic will pass directly without stopping, like in other old connections between EU countries.

JackFrost, gogo3o liked this post
pmalenkin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:09 PM   #6387
MichiH

Likes (Received): 729

But a 2-laned section will remain.......
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 12:19 PM   #6388
pmalenkin

Likes (Received): 817

Yes, for a short distance. But if there are big traffic jams, I'm sure they will double it, or build a short beltway with direct connection to the greek motorway if we join the Schengen area, but all this is not a priority today.
Old January 17th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #6389
Autoputevi kao hobi
gimnazijalac

Likes (Received): 810

I think that Bulgaria should waite for little bit ,and when they enter the Schengen zone then they can think about building motorway that will bypass old border crossing.Greece should waite and when Bulgaria enters Schengen zone then they can do the same.

Gubot liked this post
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 08:40 PM   #6390
pasadia

Likes (Received): 653

In RO/HU case the problem is that M43/A1 is on a new route, several kilometers north of the curent border point built on roumanian and hungarian national roads. So probably we will have two border crossing points functional untill Roumania will enter Schengen, one on the motorway and one on national roads (the older one).

In BG/GR case they are going to use the old crossing point since the motorways are build on the older national roads path.

LE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
Because Greece is in the zone, and Bulgaria isnt. M43 will be ready this summer, just like romanian A1, but it looks like trucks will be forced to use the old border crossing on road 43 at Nagylak/Nadlac.
I've never heard that this could happened. Instead there were talks for a larger parking area on the roumanian side of A1, so that trucks have were to stay when roads are closed for them in Hungary. So I really don't think that anyone will ask them to leave the highway.

JackFrost liked this post

Last edited by pasadia; January 17th, 2015 at 08:48 PM.
pasadia está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulgaria, highways, radi, struma, trakia