daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Bahrain

Old January 10th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Arab_canadian

Likes (Received): 0

Permanent Residency and offshore company

Hello,

I need your help on this forum, please don't tell me your personal opinions or anything just give me what I can do for the request that I am going to ask now, please be neutral.

1.Can I buy any house/villa/appartment and have full ownership of it?

2.How can I get permanent residency?

3.Can I bring my my family? (what is defined by family)

4.Can I have an offshore company? what are the laws? (I want to move my company from canada to Bahrain, what is demanded)

thank you very much.
Arab_canadian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Adel

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab_canadian View Post
Hello,

I need your help on this forum, please don't tell me your personal opinions or anything just give me what I can do for the request that I am going to ask now, please be neutral.

1.Can I buy any house/villa/apartment and have full ownership of it?

2.How can I get permanent residency?

3.Can I bring my my family? (what is defined by family)

4.Can I have an offshore company? what are the laws? (I want to move my company from Canada to Bahrain, what is demanded)

thank you very much.
1. Yes

2. Buy a villa, flat, land, or establish a company

3. Yes

First step get a visit visa for Bahrain, come for three days and visit the ministry of commerce offices in Seef Mall , then get in touch with a real estate agent and make him show you available real estate for office and residential space.
Adel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Arab_canadian

Thank you Adel! can I have more detailed and concrete info?

1.Can I buy a villa anywhere I want in Bahrain or only in a few designated areas?

2.Do you have links or anything to provide me more info about permanent residency?

3.Who is included in my family? are my brother's and sisters included or not ? even if they are under 18? are my mother and father included?children? wife?

4.If i want to relocate my computer merchandising company to bahrain can I sell computers and laptops and all the other products my company offers in bahrain and outside of bahrain to other gulf countries?

thanks!
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Adel

Quote:
Thank you Adel! can I have more detailed and concrete info?

1.Can I buy a villa anywhere I want in Bahrain or only in a few designated areas?

2.Do you have links or anything to provide me more info about permanent residency?

3.Who is included in my family? are my brother's and sisters included or not ? even if they are under 18? are my mother and father included?children? wife?

4.If i want to relocate my computer merchandising company to Bahrain can I sell computers and laptops and all the other products my company offers in Bahrain and outside of Bahrain to other gulf countries?

thanks!
1. you can buy in Seef, Juffair, Diplomatic Area, Durrat Al Bahrain, Amwaj, Riffa Views, Reef, Financial Harbour, Marina West, and any land designated BC 10F anywhere in Bahrain.

2. I don't have links, do a Google search but I'm sure you get residency if you buy property in Bahrain or own a business.

3. Your wife and children are included for sure, I don't know about the others.

4. Yes

I will try and get some more information for you.

Last edited by Adel; January 10th, 2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Adel

Here are some links

http://www.gdnpr.gov.bh/index.asp

http://www.bahraintourism.com/visa.htm

http://www.bahrainfs.com/content/view/19/28/lang,en/

http://www.immigration.gov.bh/englis...residence6.htm

http://www.kpmg.com.bh/index.thtml/e...ain/index.html

go to doing buisness in Bahrain in the following link and download the document.

http://www.bahrainedb.com/
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #6
Arab_canadian

thank you very much Adel! may i know more about the ''any land designated BC 10F "?

Got a map about the lands i can buy? and do u have any prices?

thanks!
Old January 12th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #7
Adel

Quote:
thank you very much Adel! may i know more about the ''any land designated BC 10F "?

Got a map about the lands i can buy? and do u have any prices?

thanks!
This is a link to the Urban Planning Directorate

http://websrv.municipality.gov.bh/ppd/indexar.htm

This is a map of Manama, Juffair, and Diplomatic Area

http://websrv.municipality.gov.bh/ppd/doc/capital.jpg

This is a map of Seef

http://websrv.municipality.gov.bh/ppd/doc/seef.jpg

BC means you can build up to 500% of the area of the land not exceeding 10 Floors

Expatriates can get residency in Bahrain if they buy land designated BC 500% restricted to 10 Floors and above. ie BB 750% open height - BA 1200% open height

Land prices for BC vary according to area, the cheapest is around $1,000,000

Do a google search for real estate agents in Bahrain and call them.

Last edited by Adel; January 12th, 2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old January 12th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #8
Arab_canadian

thank you very much Adel!
Old January 13th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #9
Adel

If you are looking for a flat check out Sukoon Tower thread. It's the best planned and best designed tower and flats in Bahrain. It has just started selling last week and I think you may could still get some good prices, they have not participated in any property exhibitions yet so there is a chance to get in before prices get too high.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #10
B-Patriot

Likes (Received): 3

Maybe Marina West too.... But by now the Saudi's might've drove up the price...
B-Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #11
B-Patriot

Likes (Received): 3

If u want an apartment, and ur rich... Get Villamar
B-Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #12
Adel

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Patriot View Post
If u want an apartment, and ur rich... Get Villamar
Yes Villamar is one of the best or the best, I forgot about them, but I guess the prices have increased a lot already.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Arab_canadian

I want a big villa though most preferably a land on which I can build on a house (I don't mind the price and I dont mind a restriction of the floor height if its 10)
Old January 13th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #14
Adel

Quote:
I want a big villa though most preferably a land on which I can build on a house (I don't mind the price and I dont mind a restriction of the floor height if its 10)
Check out Durrat Al Bahrain, and Amwaj threads for villas. Regarding buying a land to build a house you have only two areas Juffair and Seef, but am afraid the price is a bit expensive BD35 -45 per square foot.

Regarding the restriction on height I think there's a misunderstanding on your part, the BC plots are for buildings only and these are restricted to 10 Floors, It will be odd if you buy a BC plot and build a house on it, get it?
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #15
Arab_canadian

oh i see i get the picture
Old January 26th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #16
Adel

Personal sponsorship for expatriates in Bahrain

Retired Expatriates who served not less than 15 years in the Gulf or Bahrain can get residency based on personal sponsorship. To get approval expatriates should have medical insurance, a cash deposit in a bank of not less than BD5000, and enough resources to support him and his family in Bahrain.

There are two categories, the first is the expatriate should own a home in Bahrain worth not less than BD50,000, and the second is that he should own a share in a business in Bahrain of not less than BD100,000 + BD15,000 deposit + an income of not less than BD500 a month. Expatriates under this sponsorship are not allowed to work in the private or public sector in Bahrain.

أخبار الوطن : وفق شروط أقرتها »‬الداخلية«‬

كتب(ت) محمد الغسرة:

أتاحت وزارة الداخلية للأجانب المتقاعدين الذين خدموا فترة لا تقل عن ‬15 ‬عاماً ‬في ‬البحرين أو في ‬أي ‬دولة من دول مجلس التعاون الحصول على رخص إقامة بالكفالة الشخصية لمن عمل منهم في ‬القطاع الحكومي ‬أو القطاع الأهلي، ‬ولا ‬يشترط للحصول على الإقامة موافقة وزارة العمل أو هيئة سوق العمل.‬
ويشترط على صاحب الطلب أن ‬يكون لديه تأمين صحي ‬ووديعة لا تقل عن خمسة آلاف دينار ومصدر رزق كاف لإعالته في ‬البحرين.‬
وقسّم قرار الوزارة بهذا الشأن إصدار الرخص إلى فئتين، ‬الأولى تتيح الإقامة بالكفالة الشخصية للأجنبي ‬الذي ‬يملك مسكناً ‬مسجلاً ‬باسمه في ‬المملكة لا ‬يقل ثمنه عن ‬50 ‬ألف دينار، ‬والفئة الثانية هي ‬أن ‬يكون صاحب الطلب شريكاً ‬في ‬إحدى الشركات وألا تقل حصته فيها عن ‬100 ‬ألف دينار بالإضافة إلى وديعة ثابتة قدرها ‬15 ‬ألف دينار ومصدر رزق لا ‬يقل عن ‬500 ‬دينار وألا ‬يكون عاملاً ‬في ‬القطاع الخاص أو العام في ‬البحرين. ‬ويمكن تجديد الإقامة كل سنتين برسوم قدرها ‬200 ‬دينار، ‬ويسمح لحاملها بالسفر من وإلى البحرين خلال فترة الإقامة. ‬وحدّد القرار وكيل وزارة الداخلية للموافقة على الطلب الذي* ‬يبت فيه بشكل نهائي ‬وزير الداخلية.‬
يذكر أن هذه الخطوة سوف تساهم في ‬تعزيز سمعة المملكة في ‬مجال حقوق الإنسان التي ‬تعارض وجود كفيل بحريني ‬للعامل الأجنبي ‬يتحكم في ‬مصيره وتحديد وقت سفره.‬
فيما أشارت مصادر عقارية إلى أن القرار سوف ‬يساهم في ‬زيادة الطلب على العقار، ‬خصوصاً ‬الشقق الصغيرة التي ‬لا ‬يقل ثمنها عن ‬50 ‬ألف دينار.‬

Last edited by Adel; January 26th, 2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old February 4th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #17
MarcoJ

Likes (Received): 1

Property Deed & Residence Visa

I just bought a property in bahrain....I went to the visa department for getting the residence visa....I was told that I should get my Deed and then only I would be provided the visa .... I have heard no one hasnt gotten the visa nor the Deed's ...am wondering has anyone experience the same issue ?.

Please advise
MarcoJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #18
Adel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoJ View Post
I just bought a property in bahrain....I went to the visa department for getting the residence visa....I was told that I should get my Deed and then only I would be provided the visa .... I have heard no one hasnt gotten the visa nor the Deed's ...am wondering has anyone experience the same issue ?.

Please advise
I don't see any problem, get the Deed and you will be given a residence visa if all the other requirments are satisfied. Everybody who ownes property in Bahrain has a Deed, this is normal, go get your Deed, and don't worry cos it may take up to 3 months even for Bahrainis.

Did you pay for your property in full ? is it ready ? What is it, a land, house, or flat?

Cos the property has to be paid in full and ready in order to get the deed, if it's land then the Deed will be ready in a couple of months

Last edited by Adel; May 6th, 2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #19
Adel

فنلندي يتسلم أول وثيقة تملك شقة في أمواج

First flat deed in Amwaj handed to a Fin on 4th May 2008

تنفيذاً لتوجيهات الشيخ سلمان بن عبدالله بن حمد آل خليفة رئيس جهاز المساحة والتسجيل العقاري بتطبيق نظام ملكية الطبقات والشقق بمملكة البحرين. استقبل الشيخ عبدالرحمن بن علي آل خليفة مدير عام التسجيل العقاري بمكتبه صباح يوم الأحد الموافق 4 مايو 2008م السيد خالد أنيب فنلندي الجنسية مقيم بمملكة البحرين وسلمه وثيقة الملكية للشقة الخاصة به والكائنة بجزيرة أمواج بمدينة

المحرق حيث تم إصدار وثيقة التملك للشقق لأول مرة في مملكة البحرين من جهاز المساحة والتسجيل العقاري ممثلة في الإدارة العامة للتسجيل العقاري منذ تطبيق ذلك النظام. وفي بداية اللقاء رحب الشيخ عبدالرحمن بالشخص المستفيد وهنأه على ذلك الاختيار متمنياً له دوام التوفيق والنجاح، وصرح بأنه يمكن للمواطنين والمقيمين الاستفادة من ذلك النظام الذي يأتي تمشياً مع مسيرة التطور والنماء التي تشهدها مملكة البحرين ، حضر اللقاء السيد/ يوسف عبدالله العماري المستشار العقاري للجهاز.
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #20
Adel

'Invest BD100,000 for residence permit'
By SOMAN BABY

FOREIGN investors seeking a residence permit in Bahrain must invest a minimum of BD100,000 in business projects in the country, it has been revealed. Foreign investors and property owners must also have a bank deposit of not less than BD15,000 at any given time, said General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence (GDNPR) human and financial resources director Nayef Al Sherooqi.

Retired foreigners who want a residence permit in Bahrain should have a constant bank deposit of BD5,000, he told the GDN.

The applications of 11 foreigners have been approved for residence after their retirement this year, said Mr Al Sherooqi.

The number of foreign investors who were granted residence under the new rules this year was also 11, he revealed.

Six other foreigners, who bought homes worth not less than BD50,000, were also granted residence permits this year.

"Those who want to stay in Bahrain after retirement should have worked for not less than 15 years in the public or private sector," said Mr Al Sherooqi.

"Along with the service certificate, they should present a health insurance certificate.

"After retirement, they must not work in Bahrain, but should have a regular income to cover their living expenses."

Those who want to enjoy the residence facility after purchasing a home worth not less than BD50,000, and those who invest in business projects worth not less than BD100,000, should also have a regular income of not less than BD500 a month.

They are also not supposed to work for the public or private sectors in Bahrain.

Mr Al Sherooqi said the applicant must present to the GDNPR documentary proof of the continuation of the bank deposit for not less than BD5,000 for retired foreigners and BD15,000 for property owners and investors, every six months.

Foreign investors may invest in projects related to industry, trading, tourism, medicine, education or training.

"In the case of cancellation of the self-sponsorship residence permit, the applicant will be given an extension period of not exceeding three months," he added.

"All applications for self-sponsorship have to be personally approved by Interior Minister Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa ."