daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Albanian Forum > Zhvillimet Urbane > Ekonomia, ShŽrbimet Publike dhe Turizmi. > Ekonomia

Ekonomia Economic News and Developments.

Old November 15th, 2005, 02:31 AM   #21
lakerdar123
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

i think this is a good idea for vlore cause it said something like 750,000 barrels per day would be transported along that pipeline. that means that the vlora port is going to see a rise in business.
lakerdar123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:31 AM   #22
Skaros

Likes (Received): 4

Lakerdar do you have more recent news about the pipeline? When the construction started? Do you have links/more info?
It is a huge project , isnt it too less time 2 years for the completion of the project?
Which companies and when have undertaken the construction?
Which will be the annual transfer capacity and how much is the profit estimated for each country?
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:48 AM   #23
lakerdar123
BANNED

it's gonna cost about 1.2 billion dollars. it is 912 kilometers long. it is being built by a New York company called AMBO (Albania-Macedonia-Bulgaria Oil). The capacity is 750,000 barrels of oil per day. the ships from russia stop in Bulgarian port of Burgas and unload their crude oil which travels by the pipeline to Vlora port of Albania where it is picked up by other ships and is transported to western Europe and Northern Africa. It's to save time from going through the busy bospherus and dardanelles strait.
the project strated construction in early 2005. All components for beginning and end of pipeline have been finished. They just started building the actuall pipeline.

This is a great long term investment since this pipeline will ship oil from black sea to adriatic faster than a ship il production is increasing extremly fast in Russia and in Caspian and Caucus mountains. this is great investment for port of Vlore.

Last edited by lakerdar123; November 15th, 2005 at 02:55 AM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:03 AM   #24
Skaros

Lakerdar it will probably help the port of Vlora and it is a strategic move for the developement of all the three countries.
I think that the cost is too less , the analogous project for the pipeline burgas-alexandroupolis has a cost ~800 million and it is only ~280Km with the largest part in flat land , so i guess the final cost for the burgas - vlore will exceed 2 billion $.
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:11 AM   #25
lakerdar123
BANNED

i don't know. maybe but you also have to take into consideration the wages of the construction crew. the average wage in Greece is very different from average wage in Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria.
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:13 AM   #26
Skaros

Hm yes perhaps you are right , anyway if you have any more news or pics post them here in the future!
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:14 AM   #27
MIMICA

Good work in opening this thread.
It seems like Albanian is improving!
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:30 AM   #28
Football Rules
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

It's not good for Vlora, it hurts tourism and the locals have been against this since day one.
Football Rules no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #29
lakerdar123
BANNED

does every coastal city have to become a tourist destination???
how can the locals be agasint it. the pipeline doesn't go through the heart of the city. this type of investment brings more investments from the industry.
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:49 AM   #30
Football Rules
BANNED

It affects the city because it decreases tourism in the area, Vlora is well known for it's great rocky coast so of course it'll hurt tourism.
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:55 AM   #31
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Rules
It's not good for Vlora, it hurts tourism and the locals have been against this since day one.
And that's why I'm happy that it is being built in Burgas and not in Varna
I went only once down south in Burgas and the only thing I noticed were the huge refineries and other petroleum based industries all over the suburbs. Maybe I should have checked out the city center but we were on our way to Sozopol anyway. Plus Varna is the Best!
BTW, maybe we should open a thread for the pipeline in the P&C section, seeing as it is a huge project affecting the whole region.
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:56 AM   #32
lakerdar123
BANNED

there's little info on it though. can't seem to find pics.
Old November 15th, 2005, 04:06 AM   #33
Football Rules
BANNED

The pipeline is going to be devastating for local tourism, scenes like this one will be a thing of the past.

Central coast is already overflooded with tourists, Durres coast can only take so much so Vlora was seen as the best new spot as it's already been so for southern population.
Now no foreign tourist will go there.
Old November 15th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #34
lakerdar123
BANNED

perhaphs you've got a point there. I guess we should preserve the nature fo teh south. I still think the pipeline has some pros.
Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:14 PM   #35
Football Rules
BANNED

Average income to be raised by 20% as of July 2006 according to BalkanWeb
Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:34 PM   #36
MIMICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Rules
Average income to be raised by 20% as of July 2006 according to BalkanWeb
Good news
Increasing the standards of living will surely make Albanians happy
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #37
Skyland

Likes (Received): 128

Does Albania have plans to get a international mass tourist destination? Its beaches are beautiful. Just build some dozens of hotels and millions of North-/Western-/Central Europeans would come, but as of today there are no charter flights to Albania yet.

However, may be Albania wants to get a profile as a "upscale" tourist destination with smaller boutique hotels. This would definitely a better choice than building sth. like Benidorm or Bulgaria.

What are the plans? Albania sits on a gold mine, but nobody seems to start digging, why?
Skyland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #38
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6058

^ Have you heard of croocked politicians.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #39
lakerdar123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyland
Does Albania have plans to get a international mass tourist destination? Its beaches are beautiful. Just build some dozens of hotels and millions of North-/Western-/Central Europeans would come, but as of today there are no charter flights to Albania yet.

However, may be Albania wants to get a profile as a "upscale" tourist destination with smaller boutique hotels. This would definitely a better choice than building sth. like Benidorm or Bulgaria.

What are the plans? Albania sits on a gold mine, but nobody seems to start digging, why?
no plans, but i wish. and yes it's true albania does sit on a goldmine. in the near future it will be the next best thing in the mediterranean cause everything will be cheap and safe.
Old November 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #40
Geborgenheit
Libťration

Likes (Received): 9246

I am glad to hear positive economical news from Albania! I hope, it will be better and better
Geborgenheit no está en línea   Reply With Quote