Andrićgrad a tourist, cultural, administrative and educational complex situated on a peninsula between the rivers Drina and Rzava, at some 300 meters from the Visegrad bridge.
Manage complex enterprise Andrićgrad Ltd. owned by the famous Serbian director Emir Kusturica, with 51% ownership and Visegrad municipality together with the Government of the Republic of Serbian with 49%.
Andrićgrad idea has emerged as a professor. Kusturica's medieval town of stone and characters inspired by the works of Nobel Prize winner Ivo Andric. It's actually a vision of the Visegrad might seem that it is subject Renaissance and other historical periods. In architectural terms the city will be a mix of different eras and styles that are rotated through the history of this area: the Byzantine style, the Ottoman period, the Renaissance, Classicism. During the walk-through the main street promenade visitors will be able to return to the past:
"It virtually connects two periods - the Renaissance fragments with Byzantium and Ottoman period.
- At the entrance to the caravanserai faces Byzantine palace, and afterwards will be what it could to build Austria, and is not, as the Ottoman Empire was not built what was supposed to build. In the end, the main square, which is a kind of classicism, which was supposed to occur during the kingdom between the two world wars, the street will be developed with parts of the Renaissance, which could make Austria "
Prof. Emir Kusturica
The very idea made public in late 2010. year, but in April 2011. Ltd. was formed Andrićgrad as a company based on a public-private partnership with the mission of building and later manage the facility. The estimated cost of construction Andrićgrad are between 20 and 30 million (10-15 milion euros).
The construction began in solemn ceremony 28.6.2012. the sound of opera Carmina Burana, performed by the Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra.
It is planned that the construction of the entire complex is completed 6/28/2014. The performance of the opera "Bridge on the Drina", directed by prof. Emir Kusturica.
Planned activities Andrićgrad
Objects of Culture:
- Renaissance theater with 350 seats
- Replica of a medieval monastery Decani
- Museum of Ivo Andric
- Multiplex cinema hall with 3
Educational and research facilities:
- Ivo Andric, the Institute of Slavic Studies Center
- Academy of Fine Arts
- Town Hall (municipality)
- Headquarters Višegrad
Tourism, commercial and business facilities:
- Hotel with 150 beds (a replica of the Paris Ritz)
- 2 hostels
- Caravanserai and the Byzantine court (accommodation and catering facilities)
__________________ ...estos hombres de México-Tenochtitlan eran más que civilizados, su cultura tan súbitamente aniquilada forma parte de aquellas de las cuales puede la humanidad enorgullecerse de haber creado. Debe ocupar un lugar en el corazón y el espíritu de aquellos que, como nosotros, hacemos patrimonio común de todos los valores concebidos por nuestra especie... Jacques Soustelle