daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Transportation and Infrastructure

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 93 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:46 PM   #1
Sultan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 110

PAKISTAN | Highways & Motorways

M-5 Project To Be Started Soon

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan : Aug 11 (PNS) - Federal Minister for Communications Babar Khan Ghauri Tuesday said that construction work on 120 km long M-5 project would be started soon and an amount of Rs. 700 million has allocated in this regard.

Talking to journalists here during a visit to the under construction Islamabad-Peshawar Motorway Project M-1, the Minister said it would be be completed by 2007. He said 9000 km long National Network of Motorways and Highways which will be completed by 2007 will caste a positive impact on the economic condition of the country. Ghauri said promotion of various means of communication are essential for the country's development and prosperity. He said the present government is committed to improve the condition of roads and other infrastructures in order to facilitate the people.

He expressed satisfaction on the pace of construction work on the project and hoped it will be completed in time. The Minister said the contractors and NHA staff are working with dedication for the early completion of the project. Earlier, the Minister visited different sections of M-1 and checked quality of the work. The Minister on the occasion directed the staff to use quality material in construction of the road. The Minister was briefed about the project and apprised him that as many as three major river bridges and 16 flyovers will be constructed in the project. Chairman NHA, Maj Gen (R) Farekh Javed and other NHA officials were also present on the occasion

http://www.paknews.com/main.php?id=5&date1=2004-08-11

OmI92, Highcliff liked this post
Sultan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #2
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

Likes (Received): 698

M5 is from where to where?

I only know one Motorway; M2 from Islamabad-Lahore. I use it a lot to get between the cities.

cntower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #3
Sultan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntower
M5 is from where to where?

I only know one Motorway; M2 from Islamabad-Lahore. I use it a lot to get between the cities.
not sure.. M-1 is almost complete.. M-4 and M-5 will be initiated, or M-4 has already been initiated..

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:41 AM   #4
raja X

Likes (Received):

any list of which M's go where, that'd be nice.

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:14 PM   #5
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

Nope but I have many pictures!

Karachi

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #6
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

Rawalpindi

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:17 PM   #7
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

Lahore

Old August 14th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #8
raja X

Likes (Received):

ive been on the pindi lahore motorway, it was good then, cant say how it is now. Karachi one looks good too.
Old November 26th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #9
Sultan
BANNED

Pakistan: Highways & Motorways

New road from Karachi to Duddar to be constructed: Prime Minister

ISLAMABAD (November 26 2004): Chief Minister Balochistan Jam Muhammad Yousaf called on Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz here on Thursday and discussed matters relating to the economic development of the province with special reference to Duddar Lead Zinc Project being undertaken in District Lasbela.

The Prime Minister said the Zinc mine has been leased to Metallurgical Construction corporation (MCC) of China. He said that from Karachi to Duddar a new road will be constructed to facilitate the development of Zinc mine at Duddar. The mine has huge deposits of Zinc and Lead.

The federal government and the Balochistan government would equally share the cost on the construction of Karachi Duddar road.

The MCC plans to invest over 70 million US dollars in developing the mine and processing. The project is expected to be constructed within two and a half years.

The Prime Minister directed the Chief Minister to provide all necessary infrastructural facilities to the metallurgical company since the concentrated Zinc and Lead shall be exported after procurement and necessary processing. Welcoming the Chinese investment, he directed to provide assistance to the Chinese firm saying that Pakistan is rich in mineral resources whereas its great friend China has the expertise and technology necessary for exploiting the mineral potential.

He said that such projects will benefit both the countries as they would create large scale employment opportunities.

Copyright Associated Press of Pakistan, 2004
Old November 26th, 2004, 03:40 AM   #10
zuhahmed

Likes (Received):

where is duddar located?
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #11
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

M5 is from DG Khan to Multan

Highcliff liked this post
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:19 AM   #12
ameer

Likes (Received): 9

I've been on M3... it's only 4 lanes and it's like a 45 minute ride.... from Pindi Bhattian to Faisalabad...
Yaar... this is stupid... why start M5 when M4 hasn't even been started... it would make sense to continue it along the way down.
ameer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #13
ameer

The M2 motorway on the other hand is excellent... it's six lanes and a very peaceful ride.... you don't really stop at all... you could drive at like 120-140 and get to Lahore in no time.
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:44 AM   #14
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

It looks stupid but it's all in the traffic flow and demand; more cars means more roads.

It's ignorant of them not to connect the Motorway to Quetta; what a boost that city would get!
Old December 18th, 2004, 03:40 AM   #15
ameer

Quetta is so neglected... and we wonder why there is Baluchi nationalists?
Old December 18th, 2004, 10:57 PM   #16
cntower
دل دل پاکستان

Of course it is; partly it's because of Peshawer. There is already land route into Afganistan from Pakistan through Peshawer. What would they do with a highway which leads to Quetta? I would love to see one but if it's not going to bring much of an advantage then there isn't a point in building it.

If anything they should probably make a motorway from Gwadar to Quetta and then onto either Peshawer or Rawalpindi. The only thing that bothers me is the fact the landscape here is really hard to deal with.

Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:16 AM   #17
dost_4u

Likes (Received): 10

Salam,
h r u my dears, brothers, friends etc etc.
Dont be angry with me that I m giving my opinion without permission like "Bin Bulaya Mehmaan".
It is good that they are doing something. If they have started constructing M5 before M4, they must have some reason behind it, Amir dont worry they will construct M4 as well. But I am really surprised to see the map that no motoway is leeds to Queta. Really I have seen complete map for the motor ways for the first time and neglecting Queta is... I dont know what to write. I was especting a motoway leeding to Muzaffarabad as well but here Questa is also not on the line then what to say about Muzaffarabad.M3 also.. they must have to take this standard of three lanes throughout, making M3 of four lanes is really stupid thing they have done.
Anyhow it makes me happy that they are doing something, and I think after completing these trakes they will bring Queta and Muzzafarabad on the track as well.
dost_4u no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2004, 08:54 AM   #18
jadeed

Likes (Received): 0

from the map its obvious only punjab and nwfp will have the wider roads , whereas sindh and baluchistan the narrower roads
jadeed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2004, 10:08 AM   #19
Sultan
BANNED

^ Do you consider the pink line as a Narrow road ? and if so. Let me tell you that there are two fat red lines going into punjab, and one fat one going into Balochistan.

Old December 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM   #20
Hope

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeed
from the map its obvious only punjab and nwfp will have the wider roads , whereas sindh and baluchistan the narrower roads
Same old stereotype thinking!
And by any chance if you are reffering towards having 2 lanes for M6 and M7 then you should read it full....it says "2 Lanes INITIALLY".

investing too much money on 4, 6, or 8 lane motorways is not very productive or best use of the money for Pakistan Right now. and if anyone has any doubt about this statement then please try to travel on Lahore-Islamabad section of the motorway.... Though very nice but very little traffic....so why should lot of money be spent on building and on maintenance of wide motorways!

Intoxication, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Hope; December 22nd, 2004 at 11:01 AM.
Hope no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: