daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland

Queensland Brisbane

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #1741
gerryt1

Likes (Received): 170

I think it might be time to get back onto Skytower, don't the rest of you?

Dimethyltryptamine, JaydenM, notra liked this post
gerryt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old Today, 02:14 AM   #1742
Redress

Likes (Received): 19

Sorry, last post from me then - from my perspective, the Brisbane CBD is so small; how could anyone seriously complain about a lack of green space in it? The last time I walked through there, which admittedly has been about 12 months, despite improvements, it was still just as it always was: boring boring boring, and I imagine it still is. It seems to me there is open and green space aplenty - this city is FULL of open space, in my eyes anyway (and its green when it rains)!

Last edited by Redress; Today at 02:18 AM. Reason: Bad Engwish
Redress no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:28 AM   #1743
TOCC

Likes (Received): 312

are you drunk?

JaydenM liked this post
TOCC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:17 AM   #1744
JaydenM
In the brig

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redress View Post
Sorry, last post from me then - from my perspective, the Brisbane CBD is so small; how could anyone seriously complain about a lack of green space in it? The last time I walked through there, which admittedly has been about 12 months, despite improvements, it was still just as it always was: boring boring boring, and I imagine it still is. It seems to me there is open and green space aplenty - this city is FULL of open space, in my eyes anyway (and its green when it rains)!
I don't think Brisbane CBD is small which also includes South Bank, I think it is quite compact (which is a good thing), and in time the CBD will eventually include much of the Valley as that is developed into highrise city
JaydenM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:33 AM   #1745
JaydenM
In the brig

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redress View Post
Why is it boring? Where did you walk through?
JaydenM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:05 AM   #1746
OUTOFNOWHERE

Likes (Received): 53

people can talk about Greenspace until the cows come home in this city (personally i think Brisbane has more than enough green space!) What the city is missing are the intimate small spaces that are out of the way and private. More lane ways should be created to allow for this!

I don't know about the rest of you, but when it's over 35degrees and 80% humidity, i sure as hell won't be looking to hang out in open green space, i'll be looking for cool shaded spaces to escape the heat! Laneways can provide the best escape from the hustle and bustle of Brisbane CBD streets!

aldonius, nathandavid88 liked this post
OUTOFNOWHERE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #1747
tic
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaydenM View Post
Why is it boring? Where did you walk through?
In my opinion, Brisbane's CBD is one of the most activated in Australia. This is partly due to its compactness, it's relationship to the river and all that it offers, the amount of residential high-rise in the CBD and its interconnectivity with the dynamism of South Bank and Fortitude Valley.

BNE01, JaydenM liked this post
tic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #1748
fish.01

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_adams View Post
This here is what I prefer. On the banks of the Swan River we have what I think is a very nice grassed area followed
by the CBD district.

<snip perth foreshore park>
Can see why we disagreed then. That is my least favourite aspect of Perth city centre. From afar I really disliked it, and when I finally got to Perth it just confirmed it for me. The intimate relationship Brisbane has with it's inner city river felt very lacking in Perth but of course multiple things contribute to that not just the unactivated suburban feeling green space. Of course Perth has other things going for it, just not that.

Think the new EQ development will be an improvement though a more mixed community active space like southbank would work even better imo. Maybe that will come later.
fish.01 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
brisbane, tallest