SkyscraperCity Forum banner

- New Classical Architecture -

6M views 16K replies 768 participants last post by  Pratham Yadav 
#1 · (Edited)
#323 ·
That village looks magnificent :eek:kay:

There are quite a few of similar "open air museums" in Germany as well, like Hessenpark for instance or the several Slavish villages (Ukranenland e.g.).

An example of my direct vicinity would be the village Alt Rehse. In the 30s, the Nazis build a whole bunch of new regionally typical timbered houses with thatched roofs there. Pretty interesting sight.

Reactions: Zaz965
#324 ·
Reactions: Zaz965
#326 ·
One of the most incredible historcial architecture was Tudor style especially in English speaking countries. From the historical facts, the Tudor architectural style came into existence during the Tudor period in England, which lasted from 1485 to 1558. During this time, the houses in the country changed noticeably. It is true that most of the buildings did not immediately change their Gothic form, but a visible transformation is undeniable.

#331 · (Edited)
have they any spanish or portguese city??

:lol::lol::lol:
They had plans for a Canadian themed city, but it never got built. I believe it was called 'Maple' something. There were plans for 9 theme-cities, seven based on the architecture of the UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Holland, and Canada. The remaining 2 would be 'Chinese'.

#333 ·
One of the most incredible historcial architecture was Tudor style especially in English speaking countries. From the historical facts, the Tudor architectural style came into existence during the Tudor period in England, which lasted from 1485 to 1558. During this time, the houses in the country changed noticeably. It is true that most of the buildings did not immediately change their Gothic form, but a visible transformation is undeniable.
"Tudor style especially in English speaking countries" Actually, I can't think of any English speaking countries in the 15th/early 16th c centuries apart from England itself (ok Scotland as well). This is before the British Empire, but I guess you are referring to later buildings built in this style. It's a bit of a misnomer really, it's actually English Renaissance but seems to have attracted the "Tudor" label, I guess because of the infamous King Henry Vlll.

#335 ·
They had plans for a Canadian themed city, but it never got built. I believe it was called 'Maple' something. There were plans for 9 theme-cities, seven based on the architecture of the UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Holland, and Canada. The remaining 2 would be 'Chinese'.
wow wow wow...wow

#340 ·
Parque Cidade Jardim, São Paulo (would rather see a completely classical building, but this is better than concrete boxes I see everywhere).
This type of building became very popular in the last ten years but this is the best example (would you pay USD10mi to live in a building like this? :)

In Campos do Jordão, a winter city in the state of São Paulo, buildings are still built in a "germanized" style, although not very accurate:

This building, Palácio Boa vista, in Campos do Jordão, was actually finished 50 years ago, but, given how old this style is, I believe is worth mentioning, especially for being in the sourthern hemisphere: