daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iraq

Iraq Come knocking at the gates of Babylon

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 26th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Infestus

Likes (Received): 1

Introduce yourself

Hello!

Since this forum is new and as i recognized there are some users that are new to ssc(like myself) or at least weren't posting actively before, i thought a thread to introduce ourselves and to talk would be good. I make the first move.

I'm a 19 year old school-student who currently lives in Vienna(Austria). I have a iranian mother(which lived in iraq till she was 18) and a iraqi father. I'm born in Vienna though. My fathers home village is called Rumatha and 24 km away from Simawa and 4h hours from Basra. Sadly i was only one time in iraq, post war 03, we entered the boarder from syria, 2 hours later they captured sadam I was just in iraq for 2 weeks, but visited many places, like some unknown small villages and baghdad and the holy cities najaf and karbala.

In the future i want to study economy or international law, if possible abroad. Inshallah i want to live in iraq and help rebuild the country or at least work there and visit it through the year.

i think that's it. so it's your turn!

greetings
Infestus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 27th, 2010, 01:18 AM   #2
sheytanElKebir
dreams of Babylon rising

Likes (Received): 3455

mechanical engineer from samawa.

worked on various projects in iraq on and off since 2003, but lived most of my life in europe (since the early 80s).

interacted far too much with the local muppets to believe that much of the "dreams" shown in renders here will truly be built, or even if so, whether they are truly a priority for iraq.
sheytanElKebir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #3
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Likes (Received): 1550

Hello everyone (السلام عليكم )

I was born in Baghdad. At around the age of 10 I migrated to New Zealand (where I still currently reside). I haven't been back since then (although some of my relatives/friends have). I'm a software engineer.
BigDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Soballe
ready

Likes (Received): 0

Hey everyone

I am a 22 year old Finance student from a small village in dohuk province. I lived in Iraq for two years and moved to turkey before the age of 2 lived in a refugee camp untill the age of 4 then moved to dallas. I still live in a suburb here and visited in 2006 after high school.

I plan on someday moving to Iraq, I have very high hopes for our country
Soballe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #5
MKTJ

Likes (Received): 25

Hello everyone

I'm a 19 year old architecture student. I was born in Baghdad and lived there until the age of 12 then moved to Dubai, since that the only time I've been to Iraq (Baghdad-Erbil) was in last summer.
I also have a plan moving to Iraq, but at least after getting my bachelor's degree and maybe a master.
MKTJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #6
ardamir

Likes (Received): 389

24 year old American college student with no ties to Iraq. My interest in this forum stems from my optimism towards the people and nation of Iraq making significant progress.
ardamir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM   #7
dude01

Likes (Received): 97

Hello Everyone,

i'm a 22 years old fashion design student from Montreal city, Canada..my dream is to bring fashion to Iraq.
dude01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM   #8
MKTJ

Likes (Received): 25

WOW I never thought you are a fashion designer!! That is awesome
MKTJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM   #9
lma_13
Civil Eng.

Likes (Received): 0

Hi, I am a third year Civil Engineering student at Mcgill University in Montreal, Canada and Dude01 is my cousin. I was born and raised in Montreal and never been to Iraq. I hope to go back one day and work there.
Old April 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM   #10
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Dude01 you're a fashion designer ! I didn't expect that ! most people who join this site are usually Engineers/ Architects

Ima 13, Good to see you've got relatives on this site . I was considering doing post-grad at McGill. I heard it's a nice place to study. but the weather looks so cold in the pictures lol
Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM   #11
dude01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDreamer View Post
Dude01 you're a fashion designer ! I didn't expect that ! most people who join this site are usually Engineers/ Architects

Ima 13, Good to see you've got relatives on this site . I was considering doing post-grad at McGill. I heard it's a nice place to study. but the weather looks so cold in the pictures lol

i know..nobody expected that :p it's must be hard to be iraqi and a fashion designer at the same time!
Old April 2nd, 2010, 09:13 AM   #12
dude01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTJ View Post
WOW I never thought you are a fashion designer!! That is awesome
Thanks
Old April 4th, 2010, 03:19 AM   #13
ожежи
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

I am 23 from Serbia, studying electroenergetics. I am relatively new to SSC and i post mainly on Serbian sub-forum, but i think you wouldnt mind if i post here too from time to time

Last edited by ожежи; April 4th, 2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: spelling
ожежи no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #14
dude01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ожежи View Post
I am 23 from Serbia, studying electroenergetics. I am relatively new to SSC and i post mainly on Serbian sub-forum, but i think you wouldnt mind if i post here too from time to time
everyone is welcome in Iraq !
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #15
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardamir View Post
24 year old American college student with no ties to Iraq. My interest in this forum stems from my optimism towards the people and nation of Iraq making significant progress.
Hi ardamir

Thank you for your positive sentiment

What are you studying at college?
Old April 4th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #16
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ожежи View Post
Everyone is welcome to post in the Iraq forum We want to make friends from every part of the world
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #17
Infestus

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Everyone is welcome to post in the Iraq forum We want to make friends from every part of the world
Infestus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #18
ardamir

Likes (Received): 389

Quote:
Hi ardamir

Thank you for your positive sentiment

What are you studying at college?
You're very welcome. For the record, I will try and stay out of any political discussions unless my opinion/viewpoint is asked for.

I am a geography major at Texas State University with a focus on Water Resources. Its somewhat similar to hydrology but deals mostly with the human interaction with water as a resource and trying to find a balance between environmental and economic needs.

http://www.edwardsaquifer.net/sanmarcos.html
ardamir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:01 AM   #19
BigDreamer
Dreams of Babylon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardamir View Post
You're very welcome. For the record, I will try and stay out of any political discussions unless my opinion/viewpoint is asked for.
I avoid political threads as well, they usually invite trolls and flamewars. But if there is ever a useful political discussion, you should definitely feel free to share your view. you're opinion is as valuable as everyone else's on here .

Quote:
I am a geography major at Texas State University with a focus on Water Resources. Its somewhat similar to hydrology but deals mostly with the human interaction with water as a resource and trying to find a balance between environmental and economic needs.

http://www.edwardsaquifer.net/sanmarcos.html
That's an excellent field to major in. Water resource management is huge issue in many countries. As you'd probably know, Iraq gets all of its water from Turkey & Iran, and securing sufficient volumes is becoming ever more challenging. Iraq has to come up with new strategies in using its water efficiently. In my view this is more threatening to the Iraq's future than terrorism threats, or anything else you see in the media.

Last edited by BigDreamer; April 5th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old April 17th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #20
Yousifovic

Likes (Received): 45

Hey every1 ....
umm..im new here !!! and it sems that am the youngest between u guys :P lol ...
Im Yousif , Im 16 ,...and i was born in iraq , and lived there until 2000 ... and came here to dubai .....till now i live in Dubai ... i want to b architect !!! and u cant imagine how much i love architecture !!!!!! ofcourse ill move bak 2 Iraq....cuz no matter wat happens its gonna stay in my heart.....currently i study in a british school .....and ill take my IGCSE this month...my Dream is to b something big in architecture world ! and Zuha Hadeed is my example !! i rlly want to make something big in baghdad , which will stay after me for generations !
ALOT of intersting stuff r there....which cant b found even in Iraqi forums !! lol ....TC every1

Last edited by Yousifovic; April 17th, 2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: add more stuff
Yousifovic no está en línea   Reply With Quote