my höndys are shaking

#54 ·
yes
looks like
it will have a observation deck

#56 ·
#59 ·
ASIMOV said:
I think the press is "estimating" as 300m (taking average floor height as 3m)

It's probably much much more :D
the major said also 300m
but they will be working on the project
maybe it will be 250m
maybe 350m:D
only one thing is clear
max. floor area can be 138,000m²

#61 ·

#62 ·
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

At the time that the Diamond of Istanbul will be opening for business (any update on this please? ), construction of this jewel will already have started...

The city of the three empires is full of surprises lately. Only this time this one is rather sure to materalise if the Arabs have decided to put their money in...

BTW, nowadays, for category A office buildings the floor may be more than 4 metres. So, if this number of floors is maintained we are definitely talking 400m...

I have been in such a bigh place in the late WTC in NY in July 1999... Hopefully God will allow me to be at such a top height in Istanblue...

Guys we need updates. Istanbul is very active these days... :)

#66 ·
IMO it will be around 300-350m
But lets see
i hope they won't be any shortening :D

#67 ·

#68 ·
System_Halted said:
inorder to protect historic skyline of Bosphorus.
The funny thing is that Istanblue's "historic" skyline was always characterised by tall structures and Kuvvaci actually opened my eyes when he told me that Turks always liked to build tall.

Consider the minarets and their semantic value: As if to pierce the sky to reach the divine, and to do this the architect needs to transcend and metamorphose the landscape, leaving his/her mark onto it.

I have a number of photos fron Istanbul in 1915 taken by the "National Geographic" photographers of the time. These pics have been published in separate booklets offered with the Sunday edition of the prominent newspaper "To Vima", where the shapes of the domes and the minarets of clearly dominate the landscape of the "Historic part" of Istanbul.

Actually, in one of these pics the legend reads:

"Istanbul is a city with Camiis and Minarets. Without them, Istanbul's Harbour would look like New York Harbour without the skyscrapers"

Historic Istanbul 1915:

In my view tallness was a characteristic of Turkish architecture and given the vastness of the city it is allowed more than places like Hong Kong where the skyscrapers climb on mountains due to the lack of space there.

For this city, the only way is up and I am glad that you got the message... :)

#70 ·
the shorter one has got ~67 Floors ;)

#71 ·

#72 ·
here the news from the austrian "der standard"
"Dubai Towers" in Istanbul geplant
Höchstes Gebäude der Türkei soll 2008 fertig gestellt werden
Trennlinie
Istanbul - Das mit 300 Metern höchste Gebäude der Türkei soll bis 2008 in Istanbul entstehen. Die Kosten des Projekts, das maßgeblich mit Kapital aus dem arabischen Scheichtum Dubai finanziert werden soll, bezifferte Oberbürgermeister Kadir Topbas am Montag mit 500 Mio. Dollar (416 Mio. Euro).

Die beiden Türme der "Dubai Towers Istanbul" sollen ein Hotel, Büros, Einkaufs- und Vergnügungszentren beherbergen. Das bisher höchste Gebäude der Türkei, die Verwaltungszentrale der Is Bankasi in Istanbul, misst 181 Meter.

Gebaut wird das Hochhaus den Angaben zufolge von einer Immobilien-Investmentgesellschaft, an der Dubai International Properties mit 80 Prozent, die Stadt Istanbul mit 20 Prozent beteiligt ist. Geplant sei, 49 Prozent der Gesellschaftsanteile an die Börse zu bringen, sagte Topbas bei der Unterzeichnung des Abkommens. Bei dem Hochhaus handele es sich um das erste einer Reihe von Immobilienprojekten mit geplanten Gesamtinvestitionen von fünf Mrd. Dollar. (APA/dpa)
http://derstandard.at/?url=/?id=2220681

#73 ·
gm2263 said:
In my view tallness was a characteristic of Turkish architecture and given the vastness of the city it is allowed more than places like Hong Kong where the skyscrapers climb on mountains due to the lack of space there.

Oh gm, I wish you could tell this to "architectures room" of Istanbul. (and also Ankara, who are more experienced in canceling such projects) :)

#75 ·
gm2263 said:
The funny thing is that Istanblue's "historic" skyline was always characterised by tall structures and Kuvvaci actually opened my eyes when he told me that Turks always liked to build tall.

Consider the minarets and their semantic value: As if to pierce the sky to reach the divine, and to do this the architect needs to transcend and metamorphose the landscape, leaving his/her mark onto it.

I have a number of photos fron Istanbul in 1915 taken by the "National Geographic" photographers of the time. These pics have been published in separate booklets offered with the Sunday edition of the prominent newspaper "To Vima", where the shapes of the domes and the minarets of clearly dominate the landscape of the "Historic part" of Istanbul.

Actually, in one of these pics the legend reads:

"Istanbul is a city with Camiis and Minarets. Without them, Istanbul's Harbour would look like New York Harbour without the skyscrapers"

Historic Istanbul 1915:

Actually the thing we should talk about is this... The architectural or artistic carachters of the nations (or cities). Guys, we have a cultural DNA beside our genetic DNA. And IMO our cultural DNA is more important than genetic or political one. Architecture and art are two reflecttions of this. You can see your culutre by this, and actually it refers your real identity.

GM, some Greek guys are sad that Athens has no sckyscraper... But GM, your ancestors didn't have even bell towers for Orthodox churches... If you see Kölner Dom, you understand why Germany has Frankfurt Skyline now, because nudreds years ago, Frankfurt had Frankfurter Cathedral. When you look at the Hellenic or Orthodox Roman cultures and architectures, you can understand today. You know what, even the tallest Orthodox church tower I know is even in Turkey (I don't mean hight, I mean proportions/maybe even hight)...

#76 ·
Gregory brother thanks for these cool pics. :eek:kay:

It is true that the way for Istanbul is "up", however,

as long as the historic skyline doesn't mix with the new skyline.

Istanbul is lucky though:

The Historic Peninsula (i.e. Constantinople) is separated from Modern Istanbul thanks to the Golden Horn.

Therefore, these two skylines won't mix.

There are very few angles in which minarets and skyscrapers can be seen together (practically, only when approaching the city from the Sea of Marmara)

As long as the Historic Peninsula is protected, there should be no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.