SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Warsaw | Warszawa

376K views 2K replies 258 participants last post by  Arvin_2019 
#1 ·
"Zlote tarasy" construction update (WARSAW)

Photos by @R:type: (1 IX 2003)

And this is how it's going to look like (if someone still don't know):

See less See more
#79 ·
And this is extremly important info for me: "Srodmiescie" and "Gdanski" train stations are going to be renovated :cheers:

And I cross my fingers for "Warszawa Centralna" train station, "Warszawa Zachodnia" train station and "Warszawa Wschodnia" train station- I hope they will also change for better in the next few years :cool:

"Srodmiescie" train station now (very dirty :puke: )

and how it will look like after renovation:

"Gdanski" train station after renovation (it's located next to the new Metro station):

#81 ·
@Earendil- You should know that with PKP (Polish Railways) everything is posible so nothing is 100% sure but.... I cross my fingers!

OK- and now sth very interesting- MUSEUM of WARSAW UPRISING

It will be the most modern museum in Poland (will be opened in 60 anniversory of the uprising on the 1 of august 2004)

#88 ·
Next important info (at least for me ;) ) :

renovation of "Kubicki" arcades at the back of Royal castle will end in 2005. Furthermore reconstruction of Royal gardens should start.

Royal castle in XVIII century (view from Vistula river):

Royal castle with "Kubicki" arcades (present photos):

#90 ·
where exactly are these lines planned ?
i searched in the PKP website = no results :(

I don't like the changes on the Novotel hotel !
Why noy change only the sides and the top into a different color ?

About the Zlote Tarasy project : on which side of the park around the Palace is it U/C ?
Have an aerial pic to show me plz ?

#91 · (Edited)
Changes to the Piulsudski Square. There are Plans to rebuild two palaces which were destroyed douring WWII. Theres a huge debate on Plish Forum about that. Some people want it rebuild and some want some modern architecture or some sort of war monument on that place.

Now

Plans

There are no decisions made yet.

#97 ·
Another very interesting investment:

revitalization of "Prozna" street- this is the only remaning street of former Warsaw Jewish Ghetto (rest was completely destroyed by Germans)!!!

It's hard to belive but the street is just in the city center (few hundered meters from Palace of Culture).

It looks terrible, but it has it's own special atmosphere:

There is a chance that in few years the street will look like this:

G
#99 · (Edited)
Originally posted by DocentX

Another very interesting investment:

revitalization of "Prozna" street- this is the only remaning street of former Warsaw Jewish Ghetto (rest was completely destroyed by Germans)!!!
Interesting, and a good idea... the city should seriously consider rebuilding a larger part of the former Jewish Ghetto, if it's possible. Are there any plans besides this street?
It would no doubt be worth investing in a project like that.... think of all the Jewish tourists visiting the place and the amount of money that could bring for Warsaw.... :clown:
The project for revitalizing Prozna street looks excellent, btw.

#100 ·
the investment in the Prozna Street is worth every zloty.
excellent idea !

I do have a question about the traffic in Warsaw : are there plans to construct a beltway around the city ?
I believe lots of areas are congested today so a long term vision of traffic planning is very wanted.

#101 ·
It would be difficult to rebuild the rest of the jewish district because there is now a giant commie block district on it called Muranow. This area was literally like 1/3 of the city too.

De Snor, the A2 motorway will get to Warsaw by 2007, by then a beltway will be constructed as part of this. Its sort of a problem because none of the boroughs want it going through their territory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.