daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Transport and Infrastructure

Transport and Infrastructure Transport, infrastructure and other related discussions

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM   #1
DAKTA
Daniel, the Engineure

Likes (Received): 186

Post NAIROBI TOLL PROJECT

The Nairobi toll project is an important infrastructural development that would see much of the Uhuru highway and Mombasa road traffic snarl ups come to a drastic end. However, since that time the world bank pulled away from funding the project there has been plans to revive this multi-billion project. I hope this project will proceed well considering the fact that it is long overdue

image hosted on flickr
DAKTA no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2
ernestombayo7
Veteran

Likes (Received): 283

It is highly unlkely this project will be revived this year.Probably next year.There is just no will power from the kenyan government to look for other sources of funds.
ernestombayo7 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Dhuks

Likes (Received): 799

No offense meant but i belief this thread should be merged with nairobi toll road project.

Last edited by Dhuks; April 3rd, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Dhuks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM   #4
đđeůx
DrEameR

Likes (Received): 1482

I am a little bit confused. So the toll project will be on a newly constructed highway (fly-over)?:
đđeůx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #5
DAKTA
Daniel, the Engineure

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhuks View Post
No offense meant but i belief this thread should be merged with nairobi toll road project.
I see what you mean Dhuks...

image hosted on flickr

But the thread above involved 4 projects in one i.e. 3 bypasses and an elevated roadway. The extent of the elevated roadway has been changing with time. The toll project scope on the other hand has also been changing including separating by-passess from the original toll project. In fact I can see a thread of the southern bypass, Eastern & Northern bypasses which were originally components of the toll project..So I don't know whether we continue with the thread or we merge this with the original one.
DAKTA no está en línea   Reply With Quote