daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala > Calicut

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #421
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 3069

INDUS TOWERS COMING UP AT KANNUR ROAD

Last edited by sanjupalayat; February 19th, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
sanjupalayat no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #422
sanjupalayat
Calicut

IT BLOCK NIT-C
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #423
sanjupalayat
Calicut

SKYLINE SEAWIND APARTMENTS-BEACH ROAD
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #424
sanjupalayat
Calicut

BRIDGE TOWN APARTMENTS U/C,KANNUR ROAD

www.pentagonbuilders.com
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:32 PM   #425
sanjupalayat
Calicut

sea wind
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #426
sanjupalayat
Calicut

daffodils apartments u/c by eurotech builders 14-f
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #427
hsnse
Mysticism of the East

Likes (Received): 219

Wow!! Indus towers looks good. Wats the status of it now? and who r the promoters?
i think skyline has a bad taste of colours. sea wind doesnt look good with the wierd combination.
i think now, there r a lot of buildings on the Kannur road stretch. r these on the road side?
i cant believe tat IT dept building. it looks more like a mall to me
hsnse no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #428
sanjupalayat
Calicut

about indus towers,i was not able to locate the exact spot,today i hav seen this ad in malabar infopages and scanned it directly,since their developers indigo groups website is not updated...ya kannur road is really happening,the road is going to be made 4 lane...
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #429
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Likes (Received): 6334

Why the IT department look like a shopping mall?
Aslesh no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #430
sanjupalayat
Calicut

hav no idea dude, indigo groups r goin to develop it,and for ur information they r goin to develop bangalores next oracle IT campus also..tat building is also looking like a shopping mall..
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #431
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Actually you know these buildings wont look like what you see in the model. Some times it gets a better look and some times worser.
Aslesh no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #432
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 352

Railways to introduce Bullet Trains.

I have posted this article in another forum, and here is the full part.

http://epaper.manoramaonline.com/sou...R053100019.jpg

Indian Railways to study introducing Bullet train services in various routes in Kerala. Trivandrum-Chennai, Trivandrum-Bangalore, Trivandrum-Mangalore via Calicut.
The distance b/w Bangalore and Kochi is expected to be covered in 4 hours. Actually Mathrubhumi carried the article quoting a separate Cochin-Bangalore line apart from Trivandrum-Bangalore line. So I had the impression that the Cochin-Bangalore line was being considered in a new Edappally-Guruvayoor-Calicut-Thalassery route to Bangalore.
Its not a news to jump up and down. Its a long way to go before we actually see a bullet train, but at least the railway line to Bangalore via Thalassery-Mysore have to be ready before that.
scorpiogenius no está en línea  
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #433
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

From the manorama article I didnt get the impression that a new line is being considered. Even if they are considering a new line from cochin to banglore it can be nilambur-nanjangod route which wont touch calicut or thalassery.
Aslesh no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #434
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 352

yes kidu, i did mention in my post that Mathrubhumi carried the news of a Cochin-b'lore line. They didnt mention the other proposed routes. That was why I gave the manorama link here.Railways were planning for a Thalassery-Mysore line too(not for bullet train), dont know wats the status of it.

here is the Mathrubhumi link.
http://www.mathrubhumi.com/php/newsD...arc=&previous=
scorpiogenius no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2007, 02:52 AM   #435
praanthan_chaannaan

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsnse View Post
Its too early to b excited about Beypore. The exercise mentioned started and have come up numerous times, and then got shelved due to ignorance by the govt. This is not the first time, a news report like this has come. Yet, if developed, it would definitely become one of the major ports of South India, without much advertisement like the one being given to Vizhinjam in Trivandrum. Beypore is an intermediate port, and there r strong lobbies against its development. It is sad to note that, today, even the minor Azhikkal port is placed on equal importance with Beypore. The latter had been one of the most important ports in the Arabian sea, and was one of the most important trading centers of the world at one time. Politics has completely ruined its development and one can just pray that things go on fine at least this time.
hsnse, in the past couple of decades, when did any govt (or politicians) of Kerala exhibit knoweldge and vision? In an ideal world the senior politicians should have "administered" the government smoothly and the younger politicians should be energetically proposing, planning and implementing projects. But that is asking for way too much out of our mundum-thaadi type younger ones and the older ones are totally lost in the globalized situation

So what one can observe in the matter of vizhinjam is that for the first time, people "led" the politicians. A cart prodding the ass of a reluctant horse to move, if you will . Vizhinjam was made a part of local politics of Trivandrum district by Resident's associations and their coordinating committees. People started organizing rallies, events, seminars etc, where the leaders were also invited and they were given an earful. That caused the politicos to sit up and notice and gradually the message sunk in(that people want it as part of development), cutting across party lines all politicians started supporting it.

And as usual, I am sure, politicians of all parties will compete to steal the credit at the end! I am awaiting to see the inaugration stone - it will be choked with names of lowlife politicians who did nothing except lurk near the goalpost to score an offside goal.

Amongst politicians who got involved early on, the one person who did hard work in making Vizhinjam happen is incidentally none other than that controversial son of Kannur, MVRaghavan, who had to flee Kannur for political reasons. So to me, Kannur's loss became Trivandrum's gain.

If anything, Beypore/Azhikkal needs advertisement. Heavy advertisement infact. Else, in this cutthroat world of meagre infrastructure funds, nothing is going to happen. Get MVRaghavan involved - he knows how to make unworkable stuff work (eg: Pariyaram Medical college, snake park, co-ops, Vizhinjam etc). BTW, I am not a member of his party, just that I like his grit

A minor pick - Vizhinjam harbour(existing) and Vizhinjam port(planned) are two different entities. Vizhinjam harbour is an existing small fishing/cargo harbour, which is partially visibile (to the left) in the third photo posted by Sudheesh. Indeed it is a "minor port" and is mainly a fish landing/processing + some coastal shipping cargo handling + interim cruise terminal.

But Vizhinjam port, on the other hand is a yet to be build full-fledged mega port, which is not related to the above harbour. It is a little bit to the south of the existing minor harbour. It will be built in the area shown in the second photo of Sudhish's (he has given a caption saying "The aircraft takes a turn and here is sea..somewhere near Poovar" over the spot where Vizhinjam Port will come up). A breakwater structure will be built on the sea and reclaimed land will be used for the big container terminus etc. The spot is considered to have the best continental shelf drop-off in the Peninsular area of India (nearest one with comparable natural depth is I think, Trincomalee in the politically volatile eastern part of Srilanka). This drop off is one reason why Trivandrum district(sheer luck) did not experience devastation from Tsunami. It is a geographical anamoly that only now the Kerala Govt(and industry) has started getting clued in on. Hence the excitement over the location in shipping circles for a transhiphment hub.
Old June 9th, 2007, 06:19 AM   #436
sanjupalayat
Calicut

ROYAL AVENUE AT KANNUR ROAD 12-F
[IMG]http://i14.************/4lrx1ch.jpg[/IMG]
Old June 9th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #437
sanjupalayat
Calicut

SPICE DUPLEX FLATS coming up at east hill road
[IMG]http://i19.************/6f9w0ma.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by sanjupalayat; February 19th, 2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #438
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiogeni View Post
yes kidu, i did mention in my post that Mathrubhumi carried the news of a Cochin-b'lore line. They didnt mention the other proposed routes. That was why I gave the manorama link here.Railways were planning for a Thalassery-Mysore line too(not for bullet train), dont know wats the status of it.

here is the Mathrubhumi link.
http://www.mathrubhumi.com/php/newsD...arc=&previous=
I didnt find anything about new line from cochin to blore in that link also. We have been hearing about Thalassery - Mysore and Nilambur - Nanjangod lines for past several years. Even in last railway budget there was mentioning about them. But I dont think it will realize in near future. Our home minister have keen interest in this especially the thalassery - mysore one. But you know how many new lines were started in Kerala in past 50 years.

The nilambur-nanjangod one had 3 proposed alignment. One was through wayanad district and others through nilgiris. From shornur it will be a shorter path to bangalore than the thalassery-mysore one. So may be that will get the priority.
Aslesh no está en línea  
Old June 9th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #439
sanjupalayat
Calicut

some night views

Free Photo Gallery with PicTiger
Old June 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #440
sakrishna
BANNED

nice pics. sanju chetta..