MOSCOW | Mercury City Tower | 339m | 1112ft | 75 fl | Com

1M views 4K replies 724 participants last post by  Oasis-Bangkok 
#1 · (Edited)
Mercury City Tower
Height: 327m
Floors: 70

Источник: http://www.mercury-city.com/mercury-city/gallery/gallery2/

sci-media.ru

==================================================================================

http://www.napresne.info/Default.aspx?menu=777&stat=-859564370

short translation

plot 14: 0,4975 hectares leased by Capital City Developments for 49 years represented by contract to Mercury City Towers.

70 storey 332 meters tall building, architected by Mikhail Posokhin, Frank Williams and G. Sirota. Designed by International Center of Highrise Construction. Technical client - TUSK-1 Moskapstroy. Investor and owner - Mercury City Tower.

Zero phase works by Monarch (together with plot 15).

-5 - -3 floors: parking for 440 cars
-2 floor: technical
-1 floor: retail
1 - 2 floors: entrance, restaurants and retail
2 - 38 floors: offices
39 floor: techincal
40 - 70 floors: apartments, fitness centers, spa and restaurants
66 floor: techincal

architectural conception approved on 20 april 2006. techincal will be approved in june.

works begun in november and planned to complete by the end of 2008.

scan of model

on RT conception model

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice tower, but UGH! This is all way too cramped up! How can this building possibly be valorized if you have the visual covered from virtually every direction? You could only see one perspective of it, and only provided you are on very particular spots. I wish they would pull the tower from its ghetto and move it to Moscow City 2, or three, or anywhere it can breath. Generally speaking, I understand everyone wants to be close to the Federation Tower and the river Moscow, but maybe if the city was more spread out it would look better. Hope they rethink the plot assignment plan...

#8 ·
Peloso said:
Nice tower, but UGH! This is all way too cramped up! How can this building possibly be valorized if you have the visual covered from virtually every direction? You could only see one perspective of it, and only provided you are on very particular spots. I wish they would pull the tower from its ghetto and move it to Moscow City 2, or three, or anywhere it can breath. Generally speaking, I understand everyone wants to be close to the Federation Tower and the river Moscow, but maybe if the city was more spread out it would look better. Hope they rethink the plot assignment plan...
the plan has been approved in 1994. i hardly doubt it will be reviewed when all project around the core already on their ways. it's not really cramped up. looking from sparrow, winged and bow hills it will perfect connection between CF and City Hall. it will be very situable within skyline.

big city will have more skyscrapers i'm sure, so don't worry;)

btw, 332 m seems without spire and by the cone of roof. spire catch somewhere 400m i think.

#13 ·
#18 ·
I like the second glass design more. But the first one looks good too but not as good. Its nice to see Moscow turning into a modern city as well.

#22 ·
Peloso said:

oh come on!!!! Arent buildings in Hong Kong, Shanghai and New York valorized??? And doesnt those cities have the best skylines???

What do you preffer, these three cities or Taiwan, with a 500 meters tower in the middle of nowhere, just like you wanted this Russian tower??

A tall tower must help compose a skyline, and this is what will happen in Moscow with all these huge towers close to each other!

#23 ·
Excellent tower! Interesting to notice that the majority of the big projects are happening in countries considered to be "third world" like russia and china. While the western city's skyline are ageing everyday with only a few projects happening. The third world is coming back!

#26 ·
AcesHigh said:
oh come on!!!! Arent buildings in Hong Kong, Shanghai and New York valorized??? And doesnt those cities have the best skylines???

What do you preffer, these three cities or Taiwan, with a 500 meters tower in the middle of nowhere, just like you wanted this Russian tower??

A tall tower must help compose a skyline, and this is what will happen in Moscow with all these huge towers close to each other!
Well, as for Shanghai, as somebody already pointed out in the SWFC forum, there's lots of space between towers in Pudong. Speaking of Hong Kong and NY, maybe there's (there was) less choice than in Moscow as for the available places to put supertalls. Anyway I didn't mean the Mercury tower should have been placed FAR away from the other ones, I was just wondering if its peculiar shape wouldn't be better valorized if its side perspectives were free from obstructions (remember it's sided by a HUGE and blocky one). But nonetheless, I'm sure the district, in the end, will look great. Every planned building is, in its own way, a masterpiece.

#27 · (Edited)
Peloso said:
I was just wondering if its peculiar shape wouldn't be better valorized if its side perspectives were free from obstructions (remember it's sided by a HUGE and blocky one).
This HUGE one is the city hall. The other one (at the opposite side ) is the tallest tower so far (Federation ). The Mercury tower reminds me a banner. If it is illuminated with 3 colores it will definitely look like a Russian flag. In this case this is a good place for it :) - between the Moscow city hall and the highest tower Federation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.