daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #31881
Rubikz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I love New York it's the best city in the world and deserves to call itself "The capital of the world" but I want to see at least ONE Megatall skycraper. I think that would have been a discussion around the world that N.Y is back for real.
I agree!
Rubikz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #31882
jessica wilis
BANNED
 
jessica wilis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
Likes (Received): 1

best pics and videos

http://www.creative-alley.blogspot.com/
jessica wilis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #31883
Davidsam52
Registered User
 
Davidsam52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica wilis View Post
Just checked this site.....there's nothing there!
Davidsam52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #31884
LexISguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South FL
Posts: 321
Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Yea but the broadcast antennae will still have an enclosure so it's still a mast. Also, some guys at SSP contacted Dunst & they replied saying that they will still keep an enclosure and beacon & make it look "terrific." apparently the beacon is going to have a horizontal light like a lighthouse -_-
I don't recall seeing the lighthouse beacon on top in the design, sorta like Place Ville Marie in Montreal.
LexISguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #31885
NewYorkSkyline117
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Morris County
Posts: 1,091
Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexISguy View Post
I don't recall seeing the lighthouse beacon on top in the design, sorta like Place Ville Marie in Montreal.

NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #31886
SJM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,436
Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
When you see all this skyscrapers who is built and will be built in the near future it's sad to see that New York is falling behind when it comes to scyscrapers. 1wtc looks like nothing in compared to what will be in the future.

I love New York it's the best city in the world and deserves to call itself "The capital of the world" but I want to see at least ONE Megatall skycraper. I think that would have been a discussion around the world that N.Y is back for real.
Back for real? I'm under the notion that we never left. Who invented the skyscraper? Oh yeah i think we did. We don't have to prove anything to anyone. NYC is and will always be the greatest city in the world, while everyone else is playing catch up. Adding bigger skyscrapers is inevitable and welcomed, but we certainly don't have to ahem...compensate for anything.
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #31887
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM View Post
Back for real? I'm under the notion that we never left. Who invented the skyscraper? Oh yeah i think we did. We don't have to prove anything to anyone. NYC is and will always be the greatest city in the world, while everyone else is playing catch up. Adding bigger skyscrapers is inevitable and welcomed, but we certainly don't have to ahem...compensate for anything.
Chicago invented the skyscraper, not NYC. Also, while I do agree that NYC is the capital of the world, could you turn down the cockiness level ? I love NYC, but I can't stand cockiness no matter what city it is.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #31888
bobman
Regulator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_man12345 View Post
I honestly don't know if you're trolling or not... Firstly, the new 1WTC is thinner than the Twins, at 205x205ft, compared to the Twins' 208x208ft. Secondly, why would you use a picture from over half a year ago when the tower was significantly shorter? At least wait until the roof tops out...
No, not trolling and I'm aware of the footprint differences.

But to the naked eye, the illusion is there when comparing the two.

It's a great building, but with no restaurant, outside observation deck or a true 102 usable office/commercial floors it still fall behinds what used to be there.
__________________
Regards,
Bobby
bobman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #31889
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,538
Likes (Received): 1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
When you see all this skyscrapers who is built and will be built in the near future it's sad to see that New York is falling behind when it comes to scyscrapers. 1wtc looks like nothing in compared to what will be in the future.

I love New York it's the best city in the world and deserves to call itself "The capital of the world" but I want to see at least ONE Megatall skycraper. I think that would have been a discussion around the world that N.Y is back for real.
This poster is utterly clueless. Do you know how many supertalls will be U/C in NYC by the end of this decade? I'll give you a hint: more than any city in China.

But in the end, who cares? The city is eons ahead of other "supertall" cities around the world in livability and desirability. No other city is building supertall residentials on market demand alone.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #31890
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,392
Likes (Received): 8365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
This poster is utterly clueless. Do you know how many supertalls will be U/C in NYC by the end of this decade? I'll give you a hint: more than any city in China.
i don't think so. New York already has a big skyline, so it doesn't need to add that many more skyscrapers and chinese cities that are now booming may also decline in building skyscrapers because the demand gets satisfied, but i am sure the trend will carry on to third tier chinese cities.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #31891
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3547

Hello, I've come back. I didn't plan to but I missed the forum and the progress monitoring. As to why I wasn't here, it's because I was kinda pissed off by what Dino said to me. He said that I write only the exact opposite of what others write to troll. That was very mean and unfair. I'm no troll, I'm a brutalist. For a brutalist it is absolutely natural to like an exposed antenna more than a fancy spire. Brutalism is not trolling, it's a normal architectural style. If it were just a one man trolling attempt they wouldn't bother giving it a name and a place in the history of architecture. Just because it's less popular than for example Art Deco doesn't mean it is trolling. Everybody who has read my posts in this forum must know that I'm a brutalist. My feelings really got hurt by what he said.

But, as I said, I'm back cause I missed this forum and I see that there could be more pics here so I'm gonna post some new ones.

image hosted on flickr

May Day NYC 2012 #43 by Bobby Plasencia, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

7 by Amanda Joy, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom tower by b-lizzle, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom tower en construction by NEWYORKMAY2012, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom tower by NEWYORKMAY2012, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by Long Island Skeptic, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by Long Island Skeptic, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower 1 by *** Lechef Photography***, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

View From Pier A Hoboken by pmarella, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

May Day Strike NYC 2012: a day without the 99% by Sarrah Danziger, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower (4/28/12) by Long Island Skeptic, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

View From Pier A Hoboken by pmarella, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by santiago's kismet, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by santiago's kismet, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower, Under Construction by Tolka Rover, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by DoubleBen, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by Long Island Skeptic, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower by Long Island Skeptic, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower - Apr 2012 by Long Island Skeptic, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Walkway To Pier C by pmarella, on Flickr

__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #31892
DinoVabec
Worldwide
 
DinoVabec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 5,892
Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Hello, I've come back. I didn't plan to but I missed the forum and the progress monitoring. As to why I wasn't here, it's because I was kinda pissed off by what Dino said to me. He said that I write only the exact opposite of what others write to troll. That was very mean and unfair. I'm no troll, I'm a brutalist. For a brutalist it is absolutely natural to like an exposed antenna more than a fancy spire. Brutalism is not trolling, it's a normal architectural style. If it were just a one man trolling attempt they wouldn't bother giving it a name and a place in the history of architecture. Just because it's less popular than for example Art Deco doesn't mean it is trolling. Everybody who has read my posts in this forum must know that I'm a brutalist. My feelings really got hurt by what he said.

But, as I said, I'm back cause I missed this forum and I see that there could be more pics here so I'm gonna post some new ones.
Look, dude, I'm sorry, okay? I never meant to hurt anybody here. It's just your way of going against anything here that I couldn't stand. I'm not gonna stand on your way anymore. Welcome back. People love you here. I'm done.
__________________
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know.
-Roger H. Lincoln
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #31893
oli83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Munich
Posts: 1,686
Likes (Received): 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Hello, I've come back. I didn't plan to but I missed the forum and the progress monitoring.
Welcome back! How about an updated version of your diagrams showing 1 and 4 WTC?
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #31894
SJM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,436
Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
This poster is utterly clueless. Do you know how many supertalls will be U/C in NYC by the end of this decade? I'll give you a hint: more than any city in China.

But in the end, who cares? The city is eons ahead of other "supertall" cities around the world in livability and desirability. No other city is building supertall residentials on market demand alone.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
Chicago invented the skyscraper, not NYC. Also, while I do agree that NYC is the capital of the world, could you turn down the cockiness level ? I love NYC, but I can't stand cockiness no matter what city it is.
Cocky or not, just giving a valid position to the statement that NY was falling behind. Nothing wrong with a little pride, not like im starting a city vs city. Also i meant America in general not NYC, to the first part.
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #31895
Paraguay Dreamer
BANNED
 
Paraguay Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fernando de la Mora
Posts: 187
Likes (Received): 112

WOw, great job!
Paraguay Dreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #31896
Gargarensis
:-]
 
Gargarensis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 872
Likes (Received): 232

welcome back Kanto :-]
Gargarensis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #31897
CrazyAboutCities
Registered User
 
CrazyAboutCities's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 8,549
Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Look, dude, I'm sorry, okay? I never meant to hurt anybody here. It's just your way of going against anything here that I couldn't stand. I'm not gonna stand on your way anymore. Welcome back. People love you here. I'm done.
That is not sincere apology.

Kanto, WELCOME BACK! Glad you're back!
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #31898
I am he
Registered User
 
I am he's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London of course
Posts: 218
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
Chicago invented the skyscraper, not NYC. Also, while I do agree that NYC is the capital of the world, could you turn down the cockiness level ? I love NYC, but I can't stand cockiness no matter what city it is.
I would say London is capital of the world although I do love NYC
I am he no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #31899
マイルズ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 157
Likes (Received): 8

Nice to see you again Kanto. We're glad to have you back.
マイルズ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #31900
Otie
Researcher
 
Otie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,118
Likes (Received): 2186

Use PM folks.

image hosted on flickr

Manhattan from the North by Dashafantasca, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

NYC from the East by Dashafantasca, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Perched over Freedom Tower by Dashafantasca, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aerial_001 by repponen, on Flickr

Last edited by Otie; May 6th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium