daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Texas > Projects and Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #621
chuco

Likes (Received): 29

Hey guys, I was out the last few weeks, first on business and then on a much-needed family vacation to sunny SoCal. But I'm back and catching up on all the details.

I like the new building a lot, I wish it was a bit taller but other than that I think it will give our skyline a nice boost. The building has been through its first approval by the city but it is only for the developers Meyers Group Development and Two Sabes to begin negotiations with the city and to start finalizing details before they present their plans to the council for a final approval in a few months.

Most of the released details have already been provided by HighLonesome and the nice picture by Jonathan. Here are a few more pics and details that I found online.

(Courtesy of Kobi Karp/City of El Paso/EPDevelopmentNews)

(Courtesy of Kobi Karp/City of El Paso/EPDevelopmentNews)

Maybe I'm wrong here, but this illustration above shows the tower's roof reaching 287 feet, but it looks like part of the design still goes another 10 more feet or so higher, which would make the building around 297-300 feet. If that's the case, then with the Well's Fargo building being 296ft, this building might become the tallest building in El Paso?

One thing I noticed, it looks like the building was flipped sideways from the original design that we saw earlier this year. Now it seems the building will be facing north instead of east, which will look better for our downtown IMO.

(courtesy of the El Paso Times)

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #622
HighLonesome-El Paso

Likes (Received): 81

Welcome back Chuco, glad to see you here again and catching up with the SCC forum and back safe and sound from your vacation to the Golden State.I agree that the building should be taller given that it's 26 floors, and only at 287 feet high but that is probably the standard height procedure for hotel/apartment buildings.
As oppose to office buildings that have much higher room ceilings,example the 8 story federal courthouse in downtown looks like it's 16 stories tall.That's only my opinion,besides that this newest development is still in it's preliminary design and we won't know the final outcome till six months from now.
The new city council rookie members for the exception of district 7 city rep, Henry Rivera
are out of step with the rest of city council,but that's politics.Mayor Dee Margo is going to be a good mayor and help our city move forward since he is pro downtown revitalization and supports the downtown arena's location at the Union Plaza.
BTW, they did flip this building instead of facing east it will now face north making it parallel with the 300 North Main building and the former Chase Bank building.
And one more thing, on the El Paso Inc this past weekend they posted a rendering of what the new El Paso Community College Rio Grande campus seven story classroom/parking garage building will look like. And again the Sunset Neighborhood people are already fussing about the color of the bricks that are going to be used for this new building. Well, I got to get use to these nonsense negative type of people,they complain or protest for just about everything the city wants to build.

chuco liked this post
HighLonesome-El Paso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:50 AM   #623
chuco

The city today released the three architecture firm finalists and their designs for what the future Children's Museum might look like in a few years. The three finalists are award winning world renowned firms and all of their designs look really impressive to me, I'm having a hard time deciding which is my favorite. The finalists are Koning Eizenberg Architecture based in Santa Monica, California, Snohetta based in Oslo, Norway and New York City, and TEN Arquitectos based in Mexico City and New York City.

The city also wants the people to help them decide between the three designs, so voting for this contest will begin tomorrow and you can vote for your choice here:
https://epcf.org/childrens_museum/architecture

Koning Eizenberg Architecture - Santa Monica, Ca (All images are courtesy of the El Paso Community Foundation)

Snohetta - Oslo, Norway & NYC

TEN Arquitectos - Mexico City & NYC

Old December 5th, 2017, 07:28 PM   #624
HighLonesome-El Paso

Likes (Received): 81

Great Architectural renderings of the proposed El Paso Children's Museum there Chuco,I saw these as well on all of El Paso's news stations yesterday including on KFOXTARD news.
Never mind my bias rhetoric towards kfox! Most important are these three awesome renderings of what the Children's Museum will end up looking like.And better yet is that we get to vote on the one we think is the best most suited.I will vote at 12:00 PM today and I will tell you that it would be nice if all of those renderings could be selected and built on top of each other. But unfortunately that's not how it works so we can only pick one rendering and my mind is already made up. I'm going with Ten Arquitectos from Mexico City and New York! And my selection is simple.The El Paso Children's Museum is also to be for adults of all ages, and I like those high skywalks criss crossing up in the sky . Not to mention it comes with what appears to be in three separate structures that are all connected by skywalks with a children's slide in the middle from roof to ground. It should be a lot of fun for the kids, and further I'll point out that the Museum also extends across the Bataan Memorial railroad onto Franklin Avenue. I don't know if the city owns the property that is there now,it's a small surface parking lot. But this design by the Ten Arquitectos is my choice,it makes the Museum more notable in the downtown skyline.Not to mention all the details and whatever excites all the kiddos including the slide,the Museum looks more bigger,higher,massive and spread out.
So with this being said, the El Paso voters will be getting our money's worth regardless of the rendering selection winner, but I feel that my own opinion choice is the best one.

chuco liked this post
HighLonesome-El Paso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #625
chuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome-El Paso View Post
Great Architectural renderings of the proposed El Paso Children's Museum there Chuco,I saw these as well on all of El Paso's news stations yesterday including on KFOXTARD news.
Never mind my bias rhetoric towards kfox! Most important are these three awesome renderings of what the Children's Museum will end up looking like.And better yet is that we get to vote on the one we think is the best most suited.I will vote at 12:00 PM today and I will tell you that it would be nice if all of those renderings could be selected and built on top of each other. But unfortunately that's not how it works so we can only pick one rendering and my mind is already made up. I'm going with Ten Arquitectos from Mexico City and New York! And my selection is simple.The El Paso Children's Museum is also to be for adults of all ages, and I like those high skywalks criss crossing up in the sky . Not to mention it comes with what appears to be in three separate structures that are all connected by skywalks with a children's slide in the middle from roof to ground. It should be a lot of fun for the kids, and further I'll point out that the Museum also extends across the Bataan Memorial railroad onto Franklin Avenue. I don't know if the city owns the property that is there now,it's a small surface parking lot. But this design by the Ten Arquitectos is my choice,it makes the Museum more notable in the downtown skyline.Not to mention all the details and whatever excites all the kiddos including the slide,the Museum looks more bigger,higher,massive and spread out.
So with this being said, the El Paso voters will be getting our money's worth regardless of the rendering selection winner, but I feel that my own opinion choice is the best one.
LOL at the KFOX comment!

Good choice High! Actually I like all three, but I think I like 1 & 3 the best, and yeah 3 looks really awesome and impressive. I'll probably vote for the Ten Arquitectos design also.
chuco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
anapra, anthony, borderland, canutillo, chaparral, ciudad juárez, development news, el paso, el paso tx, las cruces, paso del norte, santa teresa, socorro, sunland park, texas, utep, vinton, westway, ysleta