SkyscraperCity Forum banner

VIENNA | Projects & Construction

Tags
vienna wenen
716K views 2K replies 179 participants last post by  F. Pilzmaier 
#1 ·
New Hotel Topazz demonstrates landmark architecture in the historic heart of Vienna

New Hotel Topazz looks to its historic location while being constructed with empathy for its surroundings and Vienna's future in mind. Surrounded by historical buildings, it is the first green upscale hotel in the city centre. Its resource-saving energy concept uses advanced technology to generate low operating cost resources. But the sustainable approach does not end there, throughout the hotel high-quality green materials have been used for building and interior design....http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=19778

See less See more
#850 ·
This might be a bit offtopic so my apologies to those who are bothered by it, but what are the property tax rates in Vienna, and is there a sales tax to be paid in buying a property? I ask because I've been reading a bit about social housing in Vienna and it got me wondering if this boom in luxury housing in Vienna is encouraged by the government so as to make tax revenue to fund social housing in the city