daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Texas > Projects and Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #41
JJG

Likes (Received): 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Wow, that conceptualized fantasy has to go down as one of the most graphically depicted developments that will never ever get developed even in a million years. I am hugely impressed. I don't think anything in Dallas has ever been proposed like it. This even reminds me of all those pyramids that were built in Fort Worth during the mid eighties.
Could you make a three dimensional presentation of this planned development and post it? I've still got my 3-D glasses from the movie Avatar.
Well I guess that's another reason you don't see much on the Fort Worth boards. Anything we do gets crapped on....

I mean this project HAS been started already.
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #42
Dale

Likes (Received): 5511

I don't know why anyone would crap on Ft. Worth stuff. It's got a pretty classy downtown as far as I'm concerned.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #43
Mister Nifty
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well I guess that's another reason you don't see much on the Fort Worth boards. Anything we do gets crapped on....

I mean this project HAS been started already.
Sorry, I was being humorous. See, I'm the guy who sees beauty in single story buildings. You know, the nut posting in a skyscraper forum.
Mister Nifty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 05:21 AM   #44
Mister Nifty
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I don't know why anyone would crap on Ft. Worth stuff. It's got a pretty classy downtown as far as I'm concerned.
Indeed, it is a real downtown. Many in Dallas don't think so. I get that. See, I think what is going on in the city of Fort Worth is the same thing that happened in Dallas back in the seventies and eighties. Most of the growth has happened and is expected to continue to happen in north Fort Worth just as the same thing happened in North Dallas. As that area continues to boom and mature, expect the growth to return to downtown someday.
Right now, as there is more peace and quiet in downtown Fort Worth, the ghosts have a lot of room to move around, a falling pin can hear itself drop, and the homeless have an easier time of it laying back to relax and to philosophize.
Old July 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #45
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I know you guys were joking back and forth, but it's history.

Either crapped on or ignored.

That's why I'm really driving for Fort Worth to get these projects. We're a bit behind alot of major cities in this country and even though our downtown area is nice, it STILL hasn't reached its full potential. There's still some eyesores and open land left...

On that note, I had the strangest dream last night (honestly) that I was in Downtown Dallas on regular day.... and it was actually vibrant and inviting.
Old July 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #46
Mister Nifty
BANNED

Quote:
I know you guys were joking back and forth, but it's history.

Either crapped on or ignored.

That's why I'm really driving for Fort Worth to get these projects. We're a bit behind alot of major cities in this country and even though our downtown area is nice, it STILL hasn't reached its full potential. There's still some eyesores and open land left...

On that note, I had the strangest dream last night (honestly) that I was in Downtown Dallas on regular day.... and it was actually vibrant and inviting.
Well, the center of downtown Dallas has still to be determined. While it exists presently at the park being built over Woodall Rogers, with it becoming the new Main Street right next to the Dallas Arts district, I think it is going to be on the move in the near future yet again towards the northeast where Mc Kinney, Lemmon Avenue, and Central Expressway intersect.
So, before going to bed at night and dreaming about downtown Dallas, you need to tell yourself never to go there.
You know, in comparison to Dallas, the city of Fort Worth has always been more western. One day I'd like to ride a horse on the Trinity trails all the way from Dallas to Fort Worth so I can hitch it up at a salloon located in the historic stockyards district. I'm then going to take a stagecoach south to downtown Fort Worth so I can stay at the Omni convention center hotel, the tallest building built in the Dallas - Fort Worth area in the last twenty-five years. I'm then gonna take a taxi over to Sundance Square, avoiding the many tornadoes and dust devils that tend to swirl about the business district, so I can buy some things imported over from the port of Dallas.
Actually, I think downtown Fort Worth is cool. Perception wise, it's going to be built up in such a fashion that looks better in comparison to downtown Dallas. But the city hasn't really addressed transitional issues from the downtown area into the medical district located to the south.
See, that is where the city of Dallas has been lucky. The concentration of revitalizing downtown Dallas hasn't been on the core urban area, but more on the surrounding areas to it.
If the city of Fort Worth was smart, it would go full throttle using that method. Don't do anything to the downtown area at all. Instead, develop all the surrounding areas to the extent that the downtown area becomes a vacuum for development.
At the same time, the city of Fort Worth shouldn't compete with other parts of the city for the sake of the downtown area. If people would rather shop at a place that has been developed using private funds, the city shouldn't compete with such areas using public funds.
See, that is what the city of Dallas does. It's city hall is run by lunatics, maniacs, and folks who couldn't find lollipops if you stuck them in their mouths.
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM   #47
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Well, the center of downtown Dallas has still to be determined. While it exists presently at the park being built over Woodall Rogers, with it becoming the new Main Street right next to the Dallas Arts district, I think it is going to be on the move in the near future yet again towards the northeast where Mc Kinney, Lemmon Avenue, and Central Expressway intersect.
So, before going to bed at night and dreaming about downtown Dallas, you need to tell yourself never to go there.
You know, in comparison to Dallas, the city of Fort Worth has always been more western. One day I'd like to ride a horse on the Trinity trails all the way from Dallas to Fort Worth so I can hitch it up at a salloon located in the historic stockyards district. I'm then going to take a stagecoach south to downtown Fort Worth so I can stay at the Omni convention center hotel, the tallest building built in the Dallas - Fort Worth area in the last twenty-five years. I'm then gonna take a taxi over to Sundance Square, avoiding the many tornadoes and dust devils that tend to swirl about the business district, so I can buy some things imported over from the port of Dallas.
Actually, I think downtown Fort Worth is cool. Perception wise, it's going to be built up in such a fashion that looks better in comparison to downtown Dallas. But the city hasn't really addressed transitional issues from the downtown area into the medical district located to the south.
See, that is where the city of Dallas has been lucky. The concentration of revitalizing downtown Dallas hasn't been on the core urban area, but more on the surrounding areas to it.
If the city of Fort Worth was smart, it would go full throttle using that method. Don't do anything to the downtown area at all. Instead, develop all the surrounding areas to the extent that the downtown area becomes a vacuum for development.
At the same time, the city of Fort Worth shouldn't compete with other parts of the city for the sake of the downtown area. If people would rather shop at a place that has been developed using private funds, the city shouldn't compete with such areas using public funds.
See, that is what the city of Dallas does. It's city hall is run by lunatics, maniacs, and folks who couldn't find lollipops if you stuck them in their mouths.
Downtown Dallas will be back eventually. But they have work to do.

Fort Worth on the other hand really, REALLY needs to get light rail. More emphasis on transportation. I mean, we had a subway at one point.... it only went about half a mile, but it still counts.

I'd also like to see more mid/high rise development on the west side of downtown and more skyscrapers on the east side. I know Sundance Square has plans to actually turn the centerpiece into a square and not two parking spaces on each side of Main Street. As a mater of fact:

Sundance Square re-development

Old pic, but you get the idea.

Last edited by JJG; July 21st, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:54 PM   #48
Mister Nifty
BANNED

Quote:
Downtown Dallas will be back eventually. But they have work to do.

Fort Worth on the other hand really, REALLY needs to get light rail. More emphasis on transportation. I mean, we had a subway at one point.... it only went about half a mile, but it still counts.

I'd also like to see more mid/high rise development on the west side of downtown and more skyscrapers on the east side. I know Sundance Square has plans to actually turn the centerpiece into a square and not two parking spaces on each side of Main Street. As a mater of fact:

Sundance Square re-development

Old pic, but you get the idea.
http://youtu.be/91WSES_Z1nU
The best skyline is west of Fort Worth and it is located around Possum Kingdom Lake. It is kind of black and charred right now, to be sure. But it will soon return to paradise again nonetheless.
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:40 AM   #49
TXForever

Likes (Received): 10

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...o-allianc.html

FW officials look at downtown-to-Alliance light rail system
Dallas Business Journal - by Lance Murray , Digital Content Producer
Date: Friday, July 29, 2011, 6:19am CDT - Last Modified: Friday, July 29, 2011, 6:35am CDT

A commuter rail system from downtown Fort Worth to the Alliance area in the far north section of the city is being pitched by some city officials.
The Keller Citizen reported that Council member Jungus Jordan said the rail system is a high priority, citing mobility as the city's top tool for economic development and job growth.
The Alliance area sits, in great part, along the heavily-congested Interstate 35W corridor and is home to the AllianceTexas business development and Alliance Airport. Thousands of workers head into the area daily.
Jungus said the project is in the preliminary stages.
TXForever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #50
JJG

Quote:
^ The bridge above will be come as soon as the current West 7th bridge is demolished in 2013.

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/polit...july-2013.html
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #51
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:

Fort Worth's Sundance Square to construct two office buildings next year
Posted Thursday, Nov. 03, 2011
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11...dlines-default

Sundance Square will begin construction on two boutique-style office buildings next spring that will frame a long-planned central plaza on Main Street in the heart of downtown Fort Worth.

A third office building, at the southeast corner of Third and Throckmorton streets, will be built after the first two are completed. That building will also include a penthouse floor of loft apartments and the floor will be connected to the adjoining Sanger Lofts Building.

diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #52
JJG

Beat me to it.... and I'm actually glad to say that.

Looks good.
Old November 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #53
zaphod
PRESIDENT OF SPACE

Likes (Received): 1678

Those are awesome! About time that hole on main got filled.

I like how they seem to get the traditional look right, while at least part of the second building has a modern bit of facade to remind people they are new additions.
zaphod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #54
WesTexas

Likes (Received): 269

Downtown Fort Worth needs a park
WesTexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #55
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesTexas View Post
Downtown Fort Worth needs a park
Water Gardens
Burnett Park
Heritage Park (curently closed)
Trinity Park

.... it's not so much parks that we need because we already have a few in and around downtown. It's a TRUE plaza that's missing.
Old December 14th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #56
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

Pegasus News

Quote:
Friday, November 4, 2011
Sundance Square in Fort Worth to add three new buildings

Big news from Sundance Square today: The district will be constructing not one, not two, but three new buildings soon, adding new office space, residential units, and ground-floor retail space.

There’s a lot to get to, so let’s begin. A new six-story building (top right) will be constructed along 3rd Street between Throckmorton and Houston. This building will be more than 99,000 square feet and feature 12,196 square feet of ground-floor retail space and 12,187 square feet of top-floor residential space. The middle floors of the building will be Class A office space.

The six luxury residential units on the sixth floor will be linked to the Sanger Lofts and feature one- and two-bedroom units, floor-to-ceiling glass walls, and outdoor terraces.

The building’s design incorporates three facades. The portion at 3rd & Houston is inspired by turn-of-the-last-century Chicago architecture and features large window bays in granite, limestone, and plaster. On the Throckmorton facade, inspiration instead comes from early 20th century Scandinavian architecture and uses horizontal ribbon windows. A more modern metal-and-glass facade will link the two. The small existing building on the corner that currently houses Saviano’s (and was previously Zippy’s American Diner) will be demolished for this new building.

Next up is this building, running along Houston Street between 3rd and 4th. This building will also be a Class A office building and stand six stories, and will be over 93,000 square feet, including 12,393 square feet of ground-floor retail space.

The building’s design takes inspiration from several historic downtown Fort Worth Art Deco structures, including the Blackstone Hotel and the Western Union Building. The facade will be granite, limestone, brick, and aluminum. The building will be adjacent to the existing Jett Building at 3rd & Main, which will be preserved. It will replace half the existing surface parking lot on the site.

[...]

Zaz965 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #57
JJG

...kinda late on that one.
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #58
TexasBoi
Texas-NoVA

Likes (Received): 33

How's the trinity river project going?
TexasBoi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #59
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBoi View Post
How's the trinity river project going?
Still goin'.

The TCC part of it is finished. I say that because there's a new design for the overall project. I don't have a pic, but give me a week.

Funding for the bridges have new designs and $15 million has been secured for them. Construction is supposed to start next year.

There's also a new modern roundabout design included.

Here's the latest in this pdf

Last edited by JJG; December 15th, 2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #60
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

That looks great! Thanks for posting!

Zaz965 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
fort worth, texas