|February 5th, 2006, 06:28 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: LV NV USA
Likes (Received): 10
It's More Fun In The Philippines.
Last edited by jbkayaker12; October 7th, 2007 at 01:01 AM.
|February 6th, 2006, 01:27 AM||#13|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Likes (Received): 1
Check out the New Philippines Tourism Video for 2006
Visit The Philippines - More than the usual
Last edited by normandb; February 6th, 2006 at 01:37 AM.
|February 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM||#19|
I'm Watching You
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Likes (Received): 133
The Republic of The Philippines is a country in Southeast Asia. It is an archipelago of 7,107 islands and lies between Taiwan and Indonesia.
Although often bypassed by travelers due to its distance from the Southeast Asian mainland, the Philippines is one of a few places in the world that can truly be described as 'beautiful'.
The Philippines is an archipelago composed of 7,107 islands. There are three main island groups which are then further subdivided into seventeen (17) regions. A total of 79 provinces and more than a hundred or so cities fall under these regions. The provinces are further composed of municipalities or towns.
* Luzon The northernmost island group in the Philippines. It is comprised of the Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Southern Tagalog Region (further divided into the CALABARZON and MIMAROPA regions), Bicol Region and the National Capital Region (NCR) more commonly known as Metro Manila. More than half the entire population of the Philippines resides in Luzon, in and around Metro Manila.
* Visayas The central island group composed of the Western Visayas, Central Visayas and Eastern Visayas Regions.
* Mindanao The southernmost island group in the Philippines composed of Zamboanga Peninsula, Northern Mindanao, Davao Region, SOCCSKSARGEN, CARAGA and the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
* Manila -- National capital. The Metropolitan Manila area includes several cities and municipalities to form one administrative body governed jointly by the local governments and the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).
* Cebu -- Also known as the Queen City of the South, Cebu is the first established indigenous settlement discovered by the west in the Philippines. For a short time before the re-dedication of Manila, Cebu City served as the capital of the far eastern territory claimed by Spain
* Davao -- The largest city in the world in terms of land area. Relatively young when compared with Manila or Cebu, it has grown to become the economic and commercial hub of the southern island of Mindanao. Nearby you'll find the country's tallest mountain (Mount Apo), the endangered Philippine Eagle, and one of priciest orchids in the world (Waling-waling).
* Baguio -- The country's summer capital, Baguio is a resort city in the mountains known for its cool climate, its Igorot culture and its strawberries.
* Bacolod City -- The Cleanest and Greenest and the Most Livable City in the Philippines. The capital of the Province of Negros Occidental which is the Sugarbowl of the Philippines. Bacolod City serves as the entrance of the sugar-rich cities and towns of the Province. Visitor's facilities abound, modern means of in-land transport can take guests for business or leisure to any point in the island of Negros. Bacolod will charm you with the genuine warmth and hospitality of her people in harmony with their lilting melodious accent. The Bacoleņos will delight you with food and cuisine that is as vigorous yet as subtle as the legendary Ilonggo gentility and taste for the good life.
* Zamboanga City -- "Little Spain" or "Cuidad de Flores" (City of Flowers), another gateway to the rich island of Mindanao. Visiting Zamboanga will really fascinate a visitor as everyone speaks Chavacano, a Creole form of Spanish. Like is beautiful vintas, delicious sardines and breath-taking beaches, Zamboanga is rich in color and diversity. From the Yakan Tribes, to the Muslim families, to the old Spanish families to the Chinese businessmen, "Zamboanga Hermosa" it will always be called.