SkyscraperCity Forum banner

MOSCOW | NEVA Towers | 345m | 1132ft | 79 fl | 302m | 991ft | 69 fl | Com

1M views 2K replies 530 participants last post by  raisonnable 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 ·
wow, is this UC? ill have to add to diagrams.
so jan 2007 is date for geological research completion? atleast its on its way.
cheers coth

#827 ·
great news, thank you Coth :eek:kay:
--Skyscrapers are the best that could happen in my life--
Skyscrapers, huh? 1975 I was working in Parque Central, Caracas. In, not on. The way to my office, for me, used be a reliable highlight of the day. I loved the place. So awesome! And the highrise towers weren't even ready. Still under construction.

That year I also stood the first time on the view level of the Empire State Buildung. I liked it, too. I only came back there in 1995, with my wife and a German client with his wife, since it was the firts time for the 3 of them. But I didn't like it as much as during my first visit.

Nothing had changed. NY had been in a 20 year time wrap. Meanwhile I had other constructions that awed me far more, growing all the time, reliable highlights of my life: my first 2 grandchildren. By now there are 4 of them. And last week a brand new construction was introduced to the world:

My first great grandson. Pierre Zenon, in France. I was infinitely more awed than from all the impressive highrise constructions I've seen in my life so far, including those that aren't ready yet. Try this for kicks. I'm sure skyscrapers won't be any longer the best thing in your life.

#5 · (Edited)
cul, not really under construction yet. just geological research works. construction will begin after i suppose.

Stephan, top floor is at 500m.

===========================================================================================

Old project

Russia Tower

Location: Moscow International Business Center, plots 17 and 18. Between 2nd and 4th Krasnogvardeisky side streets and Testovskaya street. (Google Maps, Yandex.Maps)

Height above ground level: 612,2 meters (roof)
Height above sea level: 744,5 meters (roof)
Floors: 120
Floor area: ~520 000 m²

Groundbreaking ceremony: 18 September 2007
Completion: 2012

Architect: Foster + Partners
Developer: Russian Land
Owner: Russian Land
Contractor (foundation): Soletanshstroy (Soletanche Bachy)

click to enlarge

Comparison with Burj Dubai

==================================================================

22 july by me
click to enlarge

13 september 2006 by igor

14 september 2006 by igor

Billboard says:

Engineering geological research.

Contractor: NPO Noeks
Client: ST Towers
Technical client: TUKS-1
Order #06441937

Completion: January 2007.

#19 ·
Description From Foster & Partners.com:

"Moscow City Tower - taller than any other building in Europe - is a striking new addition to the dynamic high-rise skyline of Moscow City. With its unique form, this new landmark will be visible from the heart of Moscow. The building continues the practice’s investigation into the nature of the tower, taking structural, functional, environmental and urban logic to a new dimension. The mixed-use project - incorporating apartments, hotel, office and leisure space - will have an ‘energy cycle’ that will pioneer sustainable architecture and reinforce the economic and social vitality of Moscow City.

Based on a highly efficient geometry derived from the triangular plan, the vertical city is a powerful triumvirate of three ‘arms’ that meet at a central green spine running the full height of the tower. Wider at the base and tapering towards the top, the pyramidal form is elegant and slender in profile, and benefits from a highly efficient composition to achieve the maximum stability with the minimum structure, as well as the most effective distribution of space. The tower is aided in resisting wind loads by a series of sloped fan columns extending diagonally upwards to the spine from the broad, triangular base. Overlaid by columns set at a reverse angle, this unusual oblique lattice carries the building’s load while also giving it its’ distinctive geometric façade.

At ground level, the dramatic and vibrant gateway into the site slopes downward into an inverted pyramid that houses an extensive retail space and a public ice-rink. The site is well-connected to Moscow’s world renowned underground transport system, and there is also underground parking provided. With retail and offices generating higher density use towards the base - residential, hotel and serviced apartments are located in the higher smaller floorplates. Mixed-use presents a strong case for energy balance, dependent on the residential components using energy at different times to office and retail.

By harnessing the heat created by the offices in winter and the cooling properties of the ground in summer, the energy cycle is a hot water circuit that runs through the building, distributing the energy to regulate the temperature and heat water throughout the day and the year.

The triangular volume of the tower is carved out on three sides to create independent arms with thin floorplates. This distinct diagram maximises daylight penetration and views, providing large, double-aspect, flexible, column-free offices. At ground level, there are three separate addresses, for office, hotel and residential, and rising up the centre of the building, there are a series of green skygardens that draw in natural ventilation and provide key circulation and social space.

The higher floors containing residential and hotel accommodation are designed as a series of modular units that can be individually configured. Apartments benefit from fresh air, natural light, double or triple height volumes and access to skygardens, creating a unique lifestyle in the heart of Moscow – an opportunity to escape the city within minutes, while benefiting from a diverse choice of amenities and access to a vibrant community. At the summit, a publicly accessible viewing deck with cafes and bars creates a magnetic new attraction for both visitors and residents of Moscow."
:grouphug:

#21 ·
That is a gargantuan lobby/atrium.

#22 ·
coth, i just scaled the elevation. it works out the highest enclosed bit is approx 511m high. highest floor about 500m.
so is top floor observation level is 500m high, this will be world highest??

#23 ·
ah, ok. well... possibly... but i hope there will be open deck on the roof as well... because there are no open observation decks currently in moscow. od on ostankino teletower is at 337m level. ft will not have any open roofs and od will be on 89th level (325,0m).

but - how tall is concrete part of BD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.