daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > The Coast

The Coast Mombasa, Malindi and Lamu

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #21
lynchard

Likes (Received): 0

That could mean anything though.
lynchard no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #22
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 7103

Quote:
Originally Posted by musir View Post
U R CORRECT BRO. AV ALWAYS SAID WE NEED KENYA TO BE MODELED ALONG WELL DOING NATIONS WHERE CITIES ARE AT PER IN TERMS OF DEVELOPMENT.

IT HAS BEEN MY DREAM FOR ALONG TIME TO SEE A TUNNEL/BRIDGE AT LIKONI. FOR YOUR INFO I LOST A COUSIN AS HE HEADS TO HOSPITAL JUST BECAUSE OF THE DELAYS THERE. AGAIN THREE YRS AGO I LOST A SISTER AS A RESULT OF A TRUCK WITH FAILING BREAKS. IT PAINS ME COZ I NARRATE FROM EXPERIENCE POINT OF VIEW.

I HAVE BEEN WISHING ALSO TO SEE A DUAL BETWEEN CHANGAMWE AND MARIAKANI, ITS HEAL RIGHT NOW WHEN YOU NEED TO TRAVEL WESTWARDS, KENGELENI AND KIKAMBALA DUAL AS WELL AS THE DONGOKUNDU.

ALL THESE WILL OPEN THE AREAS FOR INVESTORS AND JOB CREATION...

CAN THE GOVERNMENT STAND TO BE COUNTED? ISSUES OF COMPENSATIONS SHOULD BE DEAL WITH JUSTLY JUST LIKE THEY WERE ON CONSTRUCTION OF THIKA SUPER HIGHWAY!
Im sorry for your losses..

I mean if the MRC or groups were like smart they would use their lobbying skills and make the government act by them developing a proper urban plan for mombasa, Malindi and Lamu and its environs. But the MRC were dumb and called for secession which many people disagreed with them and made the government crackdown on them... The government isn't really feeling the pressure unless the public demands it, Then we can see the changes we want at the coast...

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #23
musir

Likes (Received): 164

Likoni tunnel will end ferry woes - Kibaki
Thursday, December 6, 2012 - 00:00 -- WESONGA OCHIENG
Kibaki opens 2nd container terminal at the Port of Mombasa
President Kibaki, Japanese ambassador to Kenya Toshihisa Takata ,Ministers Amos Kimunya, Chirau Mwakwere ,Franklin Bett ,PS Cyrus Njiru MPs and other Government officials during the ground breaking ceremony of construction of berth number 19 and the 2nd container terminal, the terminal will be a large docking berth for large vessels .photo Elkana Jacob

A master plan for Mombasa's infrastructural development was yesterday unveiled by President Mwai Kibaki.

Speaking at the ground breaking ceremony of the Mombasa port second container terminal, the president also asked relevant ministries to explore possibilities of building a bridge at the Likoni crossing channel.

“I call upon the ministries of transport and roads to look into possibility of constructing a bridge or a tunnel across the Likoni channel which is part of the transnational highway, so as to address the prevalent ferry woes,” he said.

The president’s statement comes at a time when various transport hitches have been reported across the channel ranging from ferry mechanical problems to ferry workers strikes.

These have led to traffic snarl ups in Mombasa and south Coast with commuters, among them tourists, counting loses and missing flights respectively.

The president also said the launch of the Port Development Master Plan will see the kick-off of the planned construction of Dongo Kundu by-pass to link Mombasa-Nairobi road with Lunga Lunga road, thus linking Mombasa and South Coast.

“In order for this Mombasa port to successfully play its role in transport logistics, the road and rail transport systems must also be efficient. That is why we are undertaking major infrastructure investment in road transport,” he said.

The second terminal at the port is to be constructed through a Sh27 billion loan from Japanese Development Corporation Agency. It will make the port's capacity increase to handle the excesses of 770 000 twenty equivalent units.

“With additional space of 1.3 million containers capacity after completion of this project, the second container terminal will also be positioned to handle projected increase in excess of 960 TEUs,” said Kibaki.

Kibaki added that the soon to be commissioned construction of the first three berths at Lamu port will be a step ahead to meet the growing port demands in the region.

Roads minister Frankline Bett said an alternative bridge linking Mombasa and North Coast was in the offing. “The new Dongo Kundu bypass comes with a 1.5KM bridge package that will ease congestion. Designs are also underway to construct another bridge to link North Coast and Mombasa to ease congestion at Nyali bridge,” said Bett.

true. this is what mombasa deserves
musir no está en línea   Reply With Quote