SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Discuss: Best Suburban Skyline

154K views 318 replies 77 participants last post by  Peter1980 
#1 · (Edited)
Some big cities are starting to develop large clusters or nodes in their suburbs. This thread is devoted to photos of great suburban skylines around the world. Post photos of suburban skylines you believe to be the best and describe why.

Just remember, 'best' is a personal choice and there is no right or wrong answer. I'll start things off with a great photo of Sunny Isles. It's a suburb of Miami and is courtesy of one of our mods, QuantumX.

Sunny Isles (Miami)

Courtesy of QuantumX

See less See more
#282 · (Edited)
#305 ·
Designs tend to be less conventional in Mississauga than Toronto. I'm not sure what to make of it at this point. Toronto can be stiflingly conservative and a little too staid. Mississauga might be swinging too far in the other direction. In that sense I understand the Dubai reference but the comparisons stop there. Urban planning is an area of strength for most Canadian muncipalities but it's a disaster in Dubai.

It's fascinating to watch suburban places like Mississauga and Vaughan attempting to urbanize. Density is coming first, PT second, but will the rest follow once that's built: pedestrianization, investment in the public realm, cultural/institutional amenities? It's too early to tell if they'll pull it off but a lot is riding on these municipalities being successful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.