daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Southeast Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:15 AM   #21
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Likes (Received): 17

I'm certainly ok with that; loving the black.

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2015, 07:34 PM   #22
liltaz88

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Man, I hope they build that version.
That tower design is ugly, i like other draw was tower prospal, i dont like that new design tower look ugly, i need other one
liltaz88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM   #23
liltaz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVilleisGr8 View Post

Onward we go, with the 3rd largest tower in Louisville being built: http://www.wdrb.com/story/27772424/l...onger-involved
I like this tower look better than other design
Old April 21st, 2015, 08:08 PM   #24
shakman

Location: PRMD - People's Republic of Maryland (via Richmond, VA)
Likes (Received): 398

Agreed. The previous design appears better.

"Followers do what is normal; leaders set examples"

-sb
shakman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2015, 10:21 PM   #25
liltaz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Agreed. The previous design appears better.
Yea, look better this tower. I don't like ugly design look like Musum Plaza
Old April 22nd, 2015, 05:29 AM   #26
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

This is still a "preliminary" design. I'm guessing the original design (v2 blue glass from a few months back) was made more to show the building's massing.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 05:38 AM   #27
GarfieldPark

Likes (Received): 1229

Good job! That is SO much better than the initial renderings that were presented. This looks great!
GarfieldPark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2015, 02:06 AM   #28
Trader Wes

Likes (Received): 8

I like the new render. BTW is there an available render with skyline using either the new or previous image?
Trader Wes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2015, 09:07 PM   #29
liltaz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader Wes View Post
I like the new render. BTW is there an available render with skyline using either the new or previous image?
Louisville's skyline wat look like from add omni hotel tower, but BTW has full glass of design tower also i hear abt summer gorud break?
Old June 3rd, 2015, 10:17 PM   #30
Soulbrotha
abdulsharifshoots.com

Likes (Received): 41

I'm working on a rendering with the building in the full skyline, but this is an article from today.

Images, details of Omni development unveiled
Posted: Jun 03, 2015 2:52 PM EST
Updated: Jun 03, 2015 3:01 PM EST
By Joey Brown
Connect

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The next "exclamation point" to mark Louisville's skyline will be a 30-story glass and brick tower featuring 600 hotel rooms and 225 residential units, restaurants, an urban market and more. Mayor Greg Fischer and the project's lead design director unveiled renderings and new details of the Omni Hotel project on Wednesday. It promises to transform downtown Louisville.

"This hotel is going to be a fantastic and stunning addition to our downtown," Fischer said.

[PREVIOUS STORY: Omni Hotel development grows in scale, will become Louisville's 3rd tallest building]

The building's main entrance will be off 2nd Street near Liberty Street, "with a much-anticipated grocery store hugging the corner at 3rd and Liberty," the mayor added.

Local art will be featured inside the facility, which will also house a unique bourbon bar, a bakery, meat counters and a rooftop swimming pool.

"It was really important to not feel like it could be a project that's built anywhere across the United States, but really be a project that... felt like it was part of the local vibe of Louisville," said Eddie Abeyta, the project's lead designer for HKS Architects.

To that end, Abeyta said the intersection of 2nd and Main Streets gave him the inspiration for the Omni project's design because it features elements of the very old, such as Whiskey Row, to the very new, such as the KFC Yum! Center.

"The building is designed to be a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, as the intersection of hotel and residential towers are uniquely expressed as bold overlapping architectural forms meant to represent the crossroads of the past, present and future of Louisville," Abeyta wrote in his narrative of the project, the entirety of which is below:

"The Omni Louisville is designed to be a catalyst to the city's future growth and urban development while embracing and celebrating Louisville's authentic quality in a new and forward thinking way. It will be more than just a travel destination as it incorporates hotel, residential living and neighborhood amenities into a vertically integrated urban mixed-use development.

"The building is designed to be a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, as the intersection of hotel and residential towers are uniquely expressed as bold overlapping architectural forms meant to represent the crossroads of the past, present and future of Louisville.

"The Omni Louisville will reflect the warmth and hospitality of our city to visitors while also serving as place for our growing downtown community to connect and enjoy the benefits of urban living in an upscale yet comfortable environment.

"Glistening during the day and glowing at night, the glassy ends of the 600 room hotel tower and 225 unit residential tower will be an iconic and gestural response of the building reaching out to engage with the city. A concept inspired by the image of bourbon pouring out of a still, the prominent tower ends become an expression of the inner spirit of the project being expressed visually outward.

"The ground level public space is designed to embrace the neighborhood with vibrant spaces for both local and hotel guests. The restaurant tenants will have the flexibility to open up doors and walls to provide guests indoor or outdoor dining options.

"A modern urban lifestyle market will add another dynamic dimension to the project. The market will transform Liberty Street from an auto-centric environment into the city's new pedestrian thoroughfare. It will invite the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed coffee, baking bread and fragrant fresh flowers and will serve as a gateway to the community for hotel guests and locals alike.

"Building on the city's strong sense of community and connection to the outdoors, the project maximizes its rooftop spaces and views. The hotel pool and rooftop bar will allow guests to rest, relax or socialize with spectacular views of the city from above. Other hotel amenities such as the fitness center and spa will also be found the pool deck level. Go a little higher, and you will find the residence amenity deck on top the hotel guestroom wing.

Inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville will transform one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city."

Click here to see Abeyta's detailed presentation of the Omni Hotel project, which includes numerous additional images of the hotel.

http://www.wave3.com/story/29230957/...pment-unveiled
Soulbrotha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2015, 10:37 PM   #31
Big Sky

Likes (Received): 16

Very nice. Now if we can silence the crybabies over the removal of old, dilapidated buildings. then maybe we can all enjoy a little new growth.

Trader Wes, liltaz88 liked this post
Big Sky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 12:04 AM   #32
Big Sky

I wonder if there will be a construction, or weather camera set up, so we can follow the construction. Does anyone know?
Old June 4th, 2015, 01:57 AM   #33
Trader Wes

Likes (Received): 8

Interesting commentary on the Omni development...

Don't want to be a stick in the mud... and I am very in favor of this development, but do suggest taking look at this editorial on the LEO which has some great points...

http://www.leoweekly.com/2015/06/the...mni-is-coming/
Trader Wes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:17 AM   #34
Big Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader Wes View Post
Don't want to be a stick in the mud... and I am very in favor of this development, but do suggest taking look at this editorial on the LEO which has some great points...

http://www.leoweekly.com/2015/06/the...mni-is-coming/
As the article says, this is a good thing for the city, and the Mayor should be commended. Therefore, there's nothing that should be questioned. We can do the other things mentioned in the article as well. It doesn't mean we have to trade one for the other. Yes, there's only so much money to go around, but how much has been spent on the other things mentioned in the article in the past 20 + years, weighed against the amount spent on high profile city structures?

If Bill Gates offered to build us a sky scrapper for free, there would no doubt be someone with an article showing how bad an idea it is, or how it would be better if it'd been done differently. I say be happy we're getting the Omni. It's a great thing for Louisville.
Old June 4th, 2015, 10:58 PM   #35
liltaz88

I don't like thst design look like museum plaza, better other design look good Louisville's skyline.. when start under construction?? I need know
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #36
Big Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltaz88 View Post
I don't like thst design look like museum plaza, better other design look good Louisville's skyline.. when start under construction?? I need know
"The mayor said the goal is to make sure the land is cleared and ready for construction by Jan. 1."

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvill...n.html?ana=fbk
Old June 5th, 2015, 12:37 AM   #37
liltaz88

Yea, so much excited, i wish louisville 2nd tallest build in Kentucky look better than 3rd tallest
Old June 5th, 2015, 04:00 AM   #38
Big Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltaz88 View Post
Yea, so much excited, i wish louisville 2nd tallest build in Kentucky look better than 3rd tallest
I think it's the 3rd tallest, and that in Louisville, not the state.
Old June 6th, 2015, 12:42 AM   #39
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

^ The four tallest buildings in Kentucky are in Louisville so if it's the third tallest in the city, it will also be the third tallest in the state. Emporis has the building's height estimated at 473.02 ft. I was trying to find any press releases/news articles that gave a figure but haven't been able to locate any at this time.
Old June 6th, 2015, 02:29 AM   #40
Big Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudvayneimn View Post
^ The four tallest buildings in Kentucky are in Louisville so if it's the third tallest in the city, it will also be the third tallest in the state. Emporis has the building's height estimated at 473.02 ft. I was trying to find any press releases/news articles that gave a figure but haven't been able to locate any at this time.
You're right, as far as actual height. I was going by number of floors.

Tags
center city, city center omni, cordish, louisville, omni hotel, usa