daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation All about taking us higher

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 15th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #1581
antiguogrumete

Likes (Received): 19

Go around or training?

Airbus A320 YL-LCN (c/n 662) ex UR-DAK from RyanAir aborted landing at MAD 12-April-2015

or training to make go around
antiguogrumete no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 25th, 2015, 02:04 PM   #1582
EK413

Likes (Received): 1617

Incident involving TK.

Looks like a Star Alliance A320 landed without the right gear deployed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2go7hMK1sI#t=24

Glad to hear all passengers and crew safe and well.
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:40 PM   #1583
Dc.pt

Likes (Received): 5

Glad everyone is ok
Dc.pt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:52 PM   #1584
dirdam

Likes (Received): 3010

Some additional info, pics and videos about the TK1878 emergency landing at IST.
Quote:
Turkish Airlines flight #TK1878 from Milan landed at Ataturk Airport, Istanbul with right engine in fire

Turkish Airlines flight TK1878 from Milan was seen flying through Anatolian side, Instanbul with right engine in flames.

The A320 registered TC-JPE did a first attempt to land at 0723UTC at Ataturk Airport, did a go around and then landed at second attempt at 0741UTC.

The first attempt to land may have caused the serious damage on the right gear and wing. Still unclear if the engine caught fire mid air or during the first attempt to land.

http://www.airlive.net/2015/04/break...lane-with.html
dirdam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:52 PM   #1585

Likes (Received): 279

Its right engine was on fire.
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6651...nde_motor.html

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6651...nde_motor.html
3737 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 06:05 PM   #1586
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 8322

Magong Airports instrument landing system to commence operations in May
29 April 2015
Taipei Times Excerpt

A new instrument landing system that was installed in Penghu after a fatal airplane crash in July last year is scheduled to start operations next month.

The crash of TransAsia Airways Flight GE222 killed 48 people and injured 10 on board.

A preliminary Aviation Safety Council investigation showed that the flight had deviated from its course before it crashed outside Penghus Magong Airport. It also showed that the pilots had requested to land on Runway 20, but was denied permission to do so, because of inclement weather and visibility issues.

The results of the councils preliminary investigation generated a discussion on whether the government needed to upgrade navigational facilities at the nations airports.

The Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA) said that previous discussions about acquiring a new instrument landing system had centered on whether it could be used efficiently.

However, after the plane crash the CAA said that all relevant parties agreed that cost should be a secondary issue when it comes to improving aviation safety.

The agency then conducted a comprehensive inspection of all runways at civil aviation airports and chose the airports in Magong and Tainan for installations of a new system.

The new systems would lower the visibility requirement of Runway 20 in Magong and Runway 18 in Tainan from 1,600m to 1,200m, the CAA said.

The agency estimated that the systems cost about NT$20 million (US$648,700) each, adding that it would have to spend an additional NT$5 million to buy a simplified approach lighting system for the Magong Airport runway.

The rest : http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiw.../29/2003617073

World Photo Gallery - |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

New York, London, Seoul, Taipei, Tokyo, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 02:44 PM   #1587
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 5437

An A400M crashed in Spain!

The airplane was on a test flight near Sevilla. 7 people were on board.

A400M

I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.

Last edited by Deadeye Reloaded; May 9th, 2015 at 02:50 PM.
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 04:50 PM   #1588
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Press release by Airbus Defence and Space:

Quote:
Accident A400M in Seville

9/5/2015

We confirm that there has been an accident with an A400M in Sevilla. At this point, we can confirm that the aircraft is MSN23, an aircraft foreseen for the Turkish customer. The crisis room is open. A Go-Team is on its way to Sevilla. We are coordinating with the relevant authorities. We will come back in due time with any confirmed information as soon as available.

Old May 9th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #1589
dirdam

Likes (Received): 3010

Quote:
Seville airport crash: At least three people killed as A400M military plane plunges into field

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10238272.html
dirdam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #1590
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Quote:
UPDATE NR1: Accident A400M in Seville

9/5/2015

Airbus Defence and Space confirms that an A400M aircraft has been involved in an accident near Sevilla (Spain) Airport on May 09, 2015 around 13:00 local time.

The aircraft with the serial number MSN023, was making the first production flight and had departed from Sevilla Airport at 12:45 pm local time.

Airbus is devastated to confirm that of a total crew of 6 on board we have lost 4 of our crew members in the accident. 2 other crew members are currently in hospital in a serious condition. All crew members are Airbus Defence and Space employees of Spanish nationality. Our thoughts are with the families and friends of those affected by this tragic accident and we are providing all our care and support.

An Airbus Group go-team of technical advisors is being dispatched to provide full assistance to the official committee in charge of the investigation.

MSN023 was foreseen to be the third aircraft to be delivered to the Turkish customer. The formal delivery was scheduled for June 2015.

Old May 12th, 2015, 07:53 PM   #1591
skyshakernowlive
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

HSR will always be better than planes for shorthaul and even mid.
skyshakernowlive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #1592
Maadeuurija

Likes (Received): 287

A An-2 has gone missing over the Baltic sea, around 90 miles from the Lithuanian coast. There has been no sign of the plane or the crew of 2.
Maadeuurija está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote