daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Southeast > Development News

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 28th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #3221
markhollin

Likes (Received): 2

Gulch Crossing construction update (5 photo slide show) and some speculation on the next MarketStreet office building site in Gulch:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville....html?page=all

MIRYDI liked this post
markhollin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 30th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #3222
wreynol4

Likes (Received): 9

When does the parking lot for MDHA get started? I am up town alot and have not yet seen any activity on it.
wreynol4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM   #3223
markhollin

Looks like the Sheet Music Tower is a "no go" as Giarrantana sells the site to Highwoods Properties. I wonder what their replacement plan will be?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...te-m/18185383/
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #3224
wreynol4

Likes (Received): 9

Actually Mark to me this is good news. Here is what I think is going on.

1) Tony G proposed Sheet Music initially as 41 stories, then more recently.
2) Recently they decided to partner with Highwoods who is excellent at large scale commercial projects.
3) The sale to Highwoods is good because they can craft a good plan for possibly Bridgestone to relocate downtown.
4) The SoBro site for Sheet Music is much more shovel ready then the old convention center site which would need lot of demolition and could pretty much start as soon as Bridgestone gives the word.
5) The sale gives Tony G more money to get going on 505 CST much sooner.

All in all the optimist in me thinks this could be good news on both fronts. I hope both get built and with these two plus SoBro, Parrallon (Sp?) the new Westin, etc that would make for a incredible addition the skyline.
wreynol4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #3225
markhollin

Thanks, wreynol4. That gives some additional perspective that I have been lacking.
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #3226
markhollin

Something big is brewing in the area encompassed by 8th Ave. South, Division/Allison , and Fogg St. in the southeast area of the Gulch. This would be just on the other side of the street (north) from the proposed Crescendo Tower and just west of the new Division Street Corridor Bridge.

Southeast Ventures has bought up a fair amount in the past couple months:
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...rcel/18181107/

Harmolio LLC from New York is also buying up parcels in those blocks:
http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...erty/13317997/

No indication from either what their eventual plans are, but the way things are beginning to gel around the Division Street Corridor, my guess is it will be as dynamic as what has gone on for the past 8-10 years to the northwest of there in the Gulch.

Tags
development, nashville, tennessee