daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Completed Projects and Thread Archive > Completed Projects

Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM   #1
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 79

#COMPLETED: Shoreline Apartments, 10-12F Res (Palm Jumeirah)

I don't know if any are still under construction, if not I'll move it to the completed thread.

I'm surprised a thread for these was never created. Well now one exists so people should continue their discussions here.

Last edited by malec; July 3rd, 2007 at 08:39 PM.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Alt-Tab

Likes (Received): 0

Alt-Tab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM   #3
hady g

Snagging

Hi,
is snagging easy enough to do ourselves in our apartment or do we need a professional company to do it? I would be glad to hear of some of your experiences and if you could recommend any companies!!

Thanks
hady g no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:43 PM   #4
hady g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm-er View Post
Two weeks after receiving my Financial Statement, and many requests for a breakdown of services charges, Nakheel today advised me that due to a "systems error" my services charges had been revised.

They knocked almost AED10,000 of the final bill

Palm-er
Hi, I've just paid fees of 38,027 AED for our E Type, does this sound correct? Will be interested to know what you think?
Thanks
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM   #5
maltster
the cynical one

it would sound ok if it includes the transfer fee. Otherwise it is more than I paid for my type F !!!
maltster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM   #6
tiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hady g View Post
Hi,
is snagging easy enough to do ourselves in our apartment or do we need a professional company to do it? I would be glad to hear of some of your experiences and if you could recommend any companies!!

Thanks
it depends on whether you have experience in construction and/or able to spend time in dubai i am not sure whether the companies offering snagging services do afollow up or just give you a list-the follow up is the problem if you are not here being pro-active then it seems nothing gets done-take my advise once snagging is done follow it up and keep ringing or emailing until they get it right-be forceful but not agrressive-this will get you no-where!
tiny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #7
hady g

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltster View Post
it would sound ok if it includes the transfer fee. Otherwise it is more than I paid for my type F !!!
Thanks for reply, breakdown as follows;

PJU Master community administration fund: 3,540
PJU Master community sinking fund : 3,540
PJU Owners association sinking fund : 4,510
PJU Land registration fee : 12,380
PJU Owners association administartion fund: 14,057

Total: 38,027

How does this compare with yours?
Old July 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #8
hady g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm-er View Post
Two weeks after receiving my Financial Statement, and many requests for a breakdown of services charges, Nakheel today advised me that due to a "systems error" my services charges had been revised.

They knocked almost AED10,000 of the final bill

alm-er
Hi, we have just paid 38,027 incl land reg fees for our E-type, does this sound about right?
Old July 4th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #9
maltster
the cynical one

Quote:
Hi, we have just paid 38,027 incl land reg fees for our E-type, does this sound about right?
I struggle to get my head around all of this!! I paid AED 37,865, incl land reg fees for my F-type. I would have expected to have to pay more for an 'F' - it being bigger than an 'E', and also I paid mine 2 months ago so I'd have thought I was paying for a longer period (assuming management fees run from Jan - Dec and they are therefore charging for the remainder of the year).

Confusing
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #10
bdt

I am just bemused by all of these charges, I paid on june 3rd 07,for my E- type AED 27,199 so why are some paying a lot more than others.
bdt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #11
maltster
the cynical one

Quote:
Thanks for reply, breakdown as follows;

PJU Master community administration fund: 3,540
PJU Master community sinking fund : 3,540
PJU Owners association sinking fund : 4,510
PJU Land registration fee : 12,380
PJU Owners association administartion fund: 14,057

Total: 38,027

How does this compare with yours?
Hady, check the 'Palm Jumeirah' thread. Somebody is saying that they paid AED 27,000 odd for a type-E (including land reg fees). Got his/her keys on 3rd June. You might be paying well over the top!!!
Old July 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #12
siobhan.lund@ntlworl
darling

D type charges

Just paid Nakheel the following charges as appeared on my statement for my D type in Palm Terrace/Al Khudrawi

Owners Assoc Annual expenditure fund 7,206
Owners Assoc capital reserve fund 2,320
Master community annual expenditure fund 1,955
Master community capital reserve fund 1,955
PJU Land registration fee 13,000

Total 26,436

Was a bit shocked to see on the Nakheel statement that Damac had held on to a payment from last year as it looked as though we owed double the final payment.

Still not got any keys, despite everything being paid by 21 June but Edwards and Towers are on the job.

On a different note, is it right that if you do not have a Dubai will, then Sharia law applies and a property jointly owned by husband and wife, on husband's demise would be split between wife, children and husband's brothers!!
siobhan.lund@ntlworl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #13
malamri

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan.lund@ntlworl View Post
Just paid Nakheel the following charges as appeared on my statement for my D type in Palm Terrace/Al Khudrawi

Owners Assoc Annual expenditure fund 7,206
Owners Assoc capital reserve fund 2,320
Master community annual expenditure fund 1,955
Master community capital reserve fund 1,955
PJU Land registration fee 13,000

Total 26,436

Was a bit shocked to see on the Nakheel statement that Damac had held on to a payment from last year as it looked as though we owed double the final payment.

Still not got any keys, despite everything being paid by 21 June but Edwards and Towers are on the job.

On a different note, is it right that if you do not have a Dubai will, then Sharia law applies and a property jointly owned by husband and wife, on husband's demise would be split between wife, children and husband's brothers!!
Siobhan

1 - Is the land registration fee based upon the original sale price? I purchased via Damac so paid a premium. Does this mean I pay the land reg fee (I think 1.5% ??) based on the purchase price from Damac or the original Nakheel price?

2 - The charges mentioned above. Are they for 1 year or till the end of the year?

3 - Siobhan and Hady g's charges do not appear to be for the same services...??? Or has it just been renamed? sinking fund does not exactly inspire confidence :-)

many thanks
malamri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #14
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 32

This place looks awsome, all the apartments aer wonderful.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #15
siobhan.lund@ntlworl
darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamri View Post
Siobhan

1 - Is the land registration fee based upon the original sale price? I purchased via Damac so paid a premium. Does this mean I pay the land reg fee (I think 1.5% ??) based on the purchase price from Damac or the original Nakheel price?

2 - The charges mentioned above. Are they for 1 year or till the end of the year?

3 - Siobhan and Hady g's charges do not appear to be for the same services...??? Or has it just been renamed? sinking fund does not exactly inspire confidence :-)

many thanks
Hi Malamri
The land registration fee is 1.5% of the original sale price which was 858,666 AED + 100AED site fee + 20AED knowledge fee. I purchased on the secondary market but the owner had bought via Damac.

The charges statement was obtained from Nakheel and the wording of the funds was copied directly from that. I had presumed that the charges were for a year as it said annual and not pro rata. However, Nads has a D type and just looked at charges he posted in last thread (post 548 on April 13th) and they are more than mine, so the detective in me says that they are for part year.

I paid my final instalment to Damac in early June but they have only just handed it over to Nakheel, along with another payment that they decided to hold on to. However, letter of no objection is hopefully ready from Damac for Edwards and Towers to collect on 8 July, so hopefully keys next week.
siobhan.lund@ntlworl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #16
Goss

Salty and Richard-any news on the handover?
Goss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #17
Palm-er

Quote:
Hi, I think so as charges are based on Sq ft. My bill is for AED37,976 inc land reg. Nakheel have just confirmed by email that charges are for 12 months from completion date.
Perhaps if you email the breakdown to Nads, he can add them to our list and we can do a comparison.

Palm-er
Palm-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #18
Palm-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltster View Post
I struggle to get my head around all of this!! I paid AED 37,865, incl land reg fees for my F-type. I would have expected to have to pay more for an 'F' - it being bigger than an 'E', and also I paid mine 2 months ago so I'd have thought I was paying for a longer period (assuming management fees run from Jan - Dec and they are therefore charging for the remainder of the year).

Confusing
Try this;

Divide the total service charges by the livable area (not including balcony). Mine came to AED16.95 per sq ft. For my sea facing D Type. I expect this will be higher than park facing units.

I believe Land registration Fees are 1.5% of purchase price.

Service Charge is for 12 months from completion date.

Does it make sense now?

Palm-er
Palm-er no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #19
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goss View Post
Salty and Richard-any news on the handover?
Still 10th of July for the Al Tamr 30 days notice as far as I know.

Good to see you posting again Goss. I know the waiting is tough, but after having had a look at Gael's villa it will definitely be worth it.

Salty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #20
malamri

@ Siobhan - thanks !!
malamri no está en línea   Reply With Quote