daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #1
womfalcs3

Likes (Received): 68

Job Opportunities l فرص وظيفية

I'm not an engineer, but I want to compile a list of Saudi-located companies and institutions that would hire engineers due to the nature of their operations.

- Saudi Aramco
- SABIC
- Maaden
- Sepchem
- Al-Muhaydeb
- Saudi Arabian Airlines
- Siemens
- Petro Rabigh
- Yanpet (SABIC?)
- Proctor and Gamble
- Various Universities (but mostly requires higher education)

Any more?
womfalcs3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #2
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Likes (Received): 17058

Turkish Speaking Chief Engineer - Hotels - KSA, Makkah

http://www.careerstructure.com/JobSe...ah_job49982645
Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 5878

Al-Khodari Sons & Co.
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #4
womfalcs3

The Job Market in Saudi Arabia

This isn't very organized, but here it goes.

This is a report released by the Saudi French Bank in February:
http://www.alfransi.com.sa/en/sectio...onomic-reports
http://www.alfransi.com.sa/en/genera...load/file/1045

One issue it mentions is that in the 20-24 year-old cohort in Saudi Arabia, there is around 40% unemployment. This age group includes college graduates looking for jobs. As you get into the older cohorts, the unemployment rate decreases. Of course, the unemployment rate is far higher for women compared to men.

Out of 6.89 million private sector employees in the kingdom in 2009, 6.21 million are not Saudi (or around 90%). The two problems the report brings up are:

1.) It is easier to fire foreigners compared to Saudi nationals, so there is less risk for employers.
2.) Most foreigners come in willing to work for less money, and may have the same set of skills as a Saudi counterpart.

The first one is a legal issue. It could be addressed by amending laws. The second issue could be addressed legally, but private companies shouldn't be told how to run their business (with limits). Immigration laws can also change to where foreigner workers are given low priority, and companies would have to show that they worked to find a Saudi to fill the position before going after the non-Saudi.

Our population is diverse in terms of social standing. We have the poor, we have the middle class, we have the rich, we have the unskilled, we have the skilled, etc.. Even if we cut that private sector employment figure by half, that would reduce the unemployment rate by so much.

Around 60% of college students are female. In an environment where there are fewer jobs for women, where will these graduates work?
http://www.ameinfo.com/222458.html
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #5
womfalcs3

INFO l Jobs Opportunities

There are so many positions at KAUST being taken up by non-Saudis that can easily be done by us. There are also positions open only to Saudis... there is one for a nurse, and one for an Arabic teacher at one of the schools on campus.

http://www.kaust.edu.sa/employment/employment.html#

Just submit your resume. There are many positions that go unlisted, and they would call you if they see your resume suitable for them.

One thing is true, though... there are jobs everywhere. The problem isn't that there aren't jobs. In the 20-24 years-old cohort, i.e. typically the fresh college graduates group, we have nearly 40% unemployment right now.

There are several cases at KAUST where an employee would have their spouse or child also working on campus. This employment inbreeding saddens me... especially since there are some non-Saudi employees who are making double what a Saudi would make in their position. It's not like they're doing anything special or mindblowing. They're just coming to work and performing everyday tasks as they come their way.

The western influence is nice, but this is the destiny of our people. Saudis need to take more control of it.

Last edited by womfalcs3; June 5th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #6
womfalcs3

Saw this Job Vacancy Ad in Today's Newspaper...

It's in today's Asharq Al-Awsat:

مسئول التوطين Job Title:

Conditions:
- Saudi citizen
- A university degree
- Proficient in English (writing and speech)

Compensation:
- Basic salary
- Housing allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical insurance
- Bonuses

It says the salary would be set after the interview.

Send CVs to career.aljammaz@aljammaz.com

Send it out to anybody you know who is looking for work. Spread it on Facebook.

--------------------------------

Also, tell Saudis to apply for jobs locally. There are plenty of jobs out there. KAUST lists new job vacancies almost daily. We need to employ our own before looking for foreign help. There are a lot of qualified Saudis. We can go onto individual company websites and submit our resumes. It takes a few minutes.

For Saudi college and high school students looking for part-time work over the summer, a lot of food and retail chains are hiring right now. Starbucks has an ad at all their locations with a list of like 24 companies hiring Saudis.

Last edited by womfalcs3; July 25th, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old November 25th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #7
womfalcs3

NEWS l Job Opportunities

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article538263.ece

"TAIF: Saudi Arabia’s market for lingerie and women’s accessories is ready to take in thousands of qualified Saudi saleswomen, replacing foreigners who have been dominating the sector.

When the new legislation to replace foreigners with Saudi women at lingerie and women-only shops comes into effect on Jan. 4 (Safar 10), it is expected create about 150,000 job opportunities for jobless Saudi women, Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper reported on Thursday.

A large number of young Saudi women are qualified to take up challenging careers at these shops, thanks to the online campaign and initiatives launched by some Saudi women.

The campaign titled “Enough With Embarrassment” launched by Fatima Qaroub in 2005 is the most prominent among them. A large number of lingerie shops have agreed to the demands of the campaigners to employ female staff."
Old December 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #8
womfalcs3

LUBEREF is Searching for Young Saudis

It amazes me that we have such high unemployment with so many jobs available. 90% of private sector jobs are held by non-Saudis (That's around 7 million jobs). All this tells me is we need all these expatriates, because there are really more jobs than our labor-eligible population.

Anyway, LUBEREF in Yanbu is searching for fresh Saudi graduates in mechanical and chemical engineering with high GPAs. I know this may come out as a marketing ploy, but it's only a matter of getting talented Saudis employed anywhere. I have no affiliation to LUBEREF.

So if you fit that description, or if you know someone who fits that description, you may want to look into it.
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #9
Gulf020

Likes (Received): 215

Please need help

Salaam Aleikum,

i hope some of the Saudi's on this forum can help me out.

As a muslim and a dutchman of arab descant it has been a lifelong dream of mine to work in Saudi Arabia.

I have years of experience working as a civil engineer/draftsman/designer/.

For the last 4 months i have been looking for an engineering/construction company in saudi arabia. But unfortunately without any luck. It seems that all they are hiring is people from India/Sri Lanka etc.

Maybe some Saudi's on this forum have some tips for me. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

If you do please send me a private message.

Ghair Insha'allah
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM   #10
jonmax

Likes (Received): 0

TalenTailor is also a very best recruitment agencies in Dubai that provides best paying jobs in gulf,Saudai,oman,middle east,UAE,and such other countries.
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:23 AM   #11
Sdare
سيفين و...؟

Likes (Received): 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf020 View Post
As a muslim and a dutchman of arab descant it has been a lifelong dream of mine to work in Saudi Arabia.
seriously? is it for the religion and culture or the moneyz?
Sdare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:07 AM   #12
3baaad 4 Jeddah
15-16/10/2010 AG

Likes (Received): 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf020 View Post
Salaam Aleikum,

i hope some of the Saudi's on this forum can help me out.

I have years of experience working as a civil engineer/draftsman/designer/.

For the last 4 months i have been looking for an engineering/construction company in saudi arabia. But unfortunately without any luck. It seems that all they are hiring is people from India/Sri Lanka etc.

Maybe some Saudi's on this forum have some tips for me. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

If you do please send me a private message.

Ghair Insha'allah
hummm arab descant
the point there is nothing here to be dream of
my dream is "get the hell out of this country"
3baaad 4 Jeddah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #13
alandavid

Likes (Received): 0

TalenTailor Jobs in Saudi

TalenTailor is a Dubai Employment Agency that provides TalenTailor Jobs in Saudi
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #14
Gulf020

If i was only interested in money i would stay in Holland. Although the taxes are pretty high, the income for an experienced civil engineer is more than descent.

But yeah, i think it would be an adventure living there for a couple of years. Go to mecca to pray etc... but hey everyone has his own dreams.
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #15
3bdul3ziz

Likes (Received): 388

I wish I could help you but honestly I dont know, I will be graduating in a few years inshallah and I have no idea were to start, however what I would do is to start looking for individual companies maybe not attached with the government and contact them somehow.
but over all its not easy to get the job that fits your degree in Saudi Arabia let alon a dream job and there is a lot of jobless people looking for the opportunity so I believe that there is some competition going on. wish you the best luck and I hope someone here could give you some real help....
Old June 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #16
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 1623

The common problem with Saudi's recruiting department is that they are basically deleting applications that submitted electronically. My suggest to you is to show up in their offices to get hired.
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #17
Gulf020

3bdul3ziz, Saudi Guy,

Thanks for the advice,

i will contact some saudi construction companies, maybe even call them.

Insha'allah i will succeed.
Old March 11th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #18
Saudi guy

Jeddah’s new airport to create 3,500 jobs for Saudis

A portion of the new airport in Jeddah under construction. When the new international airport facilities are completed, more jobs are expected to be opened for Saudis and expatriates alike.

JEDDAH: IBRAHIM NAFFEE
Published — Monday 10 March 2014

The new King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) will create job opportunities for over 3,500 Saudi men and women in shops, restaurants and hotels at the airport, according to tourism experts.

Besides these, there will also be jobs provided by maintenance and construction companies. The General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) has already recruited 107 Saudi engineers who graduated from Saudi universities and obtained scholarships abroad. GACA has also trained graduates in scientific expertise during the implementation of the project.

“Several tourism companies have expressed an interest in investing in the new Jeddah airport through the opening of small restaurants and cafes where Saudis will be the preferred candidates for the jobs,” Ahmed Rasheed, CEO of Bawadi Company for Tourism, told Arab News.

“The new airport is a huge project which has the potential to attract a lot of companies in the travel and tourism sector,” he said, adding that the international terminal at the airport will have a lot of restaurants and cafes.

“The new King Abdulaziz International Airport with world-class facilities will be ready by the end of this year. About 60 percent of the project has been completed and the remaining work will be carried out at a much faster pace to be completed before the deadline."

The new Jeddah airport will have five-star hotels, shopping centers, tourist services, exhibition centers and travel agencies. The tourism service firms will prioritize Saudis in the job market and it is expected that 95 percent of Saudis will be hired within the tourism sector at the new airport,” Essam Radi, general manager of a tourism company, told Arab News. said.

Prince Fahd bin Abdullah, head of GACA, said earlier that the new airport would begin operations during the first five months of 2015. The new expansion will increase the airport’s annual capacity to 30 million passengers in the first phase and 80 million in the final phase.

The SR27-billion project is designed to make KAIA one of the largest hubs in the world. Covering an area of 670,000 square meters, the airport will have two new terminals for domestic and international passengers.

Source

Saleh93 liked this post
Saudi guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 09:17 PM   #19
Saudi guy

Internship Engineers Jeddah Plant

http://jobs-pg.com/sa/jeddah/intern/...dah-plant-jobs

Saleh93 liked this post
Old October 26th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #20
Saudi guy

غداً الاثنين سيبدأ معرض وظائف 2014 ،والذي سيقام في المنطقة الشرقية و لمدة 3 ايام

Source

Saleh93 liked this post