daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Old February 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Kaznoco

Likes (Received): 0

SAO PAULO | Monorail project Line 18

Do you think there is any possibility that Hitachi will win the tender for the monorail project (line 18) in sao paulo ?
If not, what is your guess?

Last edited by Kaznoco; February 22nd, 2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Beause I forgot to put the name of the city in the title
Kaznoco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 21st, 2013, 02:21 AM   #2
greg_christine

Likes (Received): 44

Based on the fact that Bombardier won the first monorail contract in Sao Paulo, and Scomi won the second contract in Sao Paulo plus the contract in Manaus, I expect it will be very difficult for Hitachi to win the next contract in Sao Paulo.

I also expect that the moderator will jump in at any moment to complain that the title of this thread does not feature the required format, with the name of the city in capital letters at the start of the title.
greg_christine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:15 PM   #3
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 155

I wouldn't be too quick to count Hitachi out. Hitachi, as part of its aggressive overseas strategy, is planning a joint venture with Brazilian firm IESA to build monorail rolling stock locally, details to be announced sometime this year. Given that the monorail projects in both SP and Manaus are both behind schedule (they won't be ready for the 2014 World Cup- in fact the Manaus project hasn't even started), there seems to be plenty of opportunity available. Apparently bidding for the SP Line 18 project will be in March.

http://www.brazil-israel2016.com/201...014-world-cup/
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote