search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2017, 01:36 AM   #921
Abu Muslih

Likes (Received): 40

Deleted

Last edited by Abu Muslih; July 19th, 2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Deleted
Abu Muslih no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:58 AM   #922
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Likes (Received): 1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Muslih View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelantaneserace View Post
(copied from MukaBuku Dr. G Balamurugan)
:
:
8. The East Coast Rail Link Phase 2 from Gombak to Port Klang is currently at the planning stage. It will go from Gombak to Serendah and thereon to Port Klang. It will play a major role in transporting freight efficiently and avoiding congestion at KL Sentral (at the moment, all freight from north or south must go through KL Sentral before going to Port Klang - causing substantial congestion at the central station). (keretapi pun ada traffik jam
:
:
This is news to me, Gombak-Serendah-Port Klang.
[...]
However from Gombak to Serendah, trying to imagine the alignment... Thru Templer? Bukit Lagong? Sungai Tua?
Links
(1) G Balamurugan AL Facebook post on 18 Jul 2017, 8.21pm
(2) LowYatNet post of the above.

This Gombak-Serendah-Port Klang doesn't seems to make sense to me. The detour to Serendah is too big. Look at "ECRL in Klang Valley area" MyMaps ...
(A) Gombak to Port Klang (North Port) almost direct route is about 54km (red color)
(B) Gombak via Serendah to Port Klang (North Port) with long detour is about 76km long (light orange color)
sabre23t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 04:53 PM   #923
The Farmer

Likes (Received): 58

In the very beginning, I've told that the Serendah-Gombak-Bentong-East coast route is a joke. This route/alignment is making the world laugh. The train carrying tonnes of freight from Kuantan climbing up the Titiwangsa Range to Gombak and then going northward again crossing the hilly terrain to Serendah. Meaning the train is actually approaching KL but going north again to Serendah and then have a big round back to Port Klang.

For me, the southern route is always making more sense and more feasible to me. What's the purpose to dump billions of RM at those pekan served by KARAK currently. Why not bring the public transportation to those places having nothing now benefiting more people from Titiwangsa Range to Kuantan?

atmapgnew, ejatidiaz liked this post
The Farmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:44 PM   #924
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2043

And they had also proposed a 3rd/new port in Pulau Carey - so the southern option is more feasible & make more sense for freight lor !!!

atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #925
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 1232

I think it's was reported few years back that ECRL has 3 options into KL
One is serendah, the others are batu caves and gombak lrt.If the ECRL has had been a meter gauge system then a connection to serendah is kinda good as it will then be apart of the KV bypass.

Although the "southern" options is good for cost and freight it's do little to passengers and development potential. It's go through an empty part of the country and it's to far from KL to make relocating to the east coast unattractive. Seremban is almost as far and it's getting expensive. So why not open up the east coast as well?

I guess if it's dumb to throw millions to small pekan than it's dumber to throw millions running through oil palm estate. Cheapest is not always better, if you don't believe me just go take the monorail tomorrow

Flybyhacker, ashraf_ramly liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 12:54 AM   #926
naimabep

Likes (Received): 110

Serendah option once plan during the British rule.

You can see the Brown dotted line around Serendah to connect with ECR.

I really hope that ERL track can be built to join ECRL at Gombak.

My suggestion either

1) Spur line in Bandar Malaysia - underground track to Gombak (Standard gauge)

2) Build underground track after Bandar Malaysia and follow KTM route, build new underground station in KLS, KLO, Sentul and go towards Gombak.

Last edited by naimabep; July 20th, 2017 at 01:02 AM.
naimabep no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #927
Wisarut

Likes (Received): 2241

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
I think the fastest mixed use railway line in China or maybe even in Thailand is at 250km/h?

Since KB is around 600km from KL. If we were to buy the most expensive system at 250km/h (600/250=2.4) rather than the current max design of 200km/h.(600/200=3) We would at most get half an hour faster??
the speed that matters is not the max speed but the cruise speed or average speed though.

Well, 250 kph for Thai - China Railway is for passenger only - the cargo can be used by existing railway in Thailand - even though the existing cargo service has max speed of 70 kph since Thai BCFs are using single air brake instead of double air brake like BCF of KTMB (except the new ones which has been assigned to Lad Krabang ICD - Laem Chabang) and some of cargo trains still use vacuum brake has speed limit of 55 kph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelantaneserace View Post
Ops I beg my pardon I almost forget about Thai gauge is the same as our...BTW is it feasible to rehabilitate it and introduce back international train service to bangkok like the old days?
Yah, that will be great for such revival through extension of SP 37/38 and Rapid 175/176 but railway police must be stationed within each passenger carriage for a good reason as police are allowed to cross the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsHalt View Post
Maybe if in the future the thai-malaysian border authorities managed to secure it or a border agreement similar to the Schengen Zone agreement but for rails ,or even the SG-KL HSR border agreement, they could reinstate?
Ask ARMY FIRST if they can agree with such revival.