search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #15621
Kochi Resident
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,372
Likes (Received): 1281

True. Maybe but 20 crore club in Kerala B.O is no more uncommon in Malayalam film industry. Even a film like Kattappanayile Hritik Roshan crossed 20 crores in Kerala B.O with a nobody like Vishnu Unnikrishnan

So Thondimuthal has more chances . Maheshinte Prathikaram was not widely released but TD is. It has double the number of screens compared to MP.

Even Nivins JSR which was not liked by everyone has crossed 20 crores in Kerala. So this one has a unanimous positive W.O.M so I expect between 20 and 25 crores for TD


Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar tho View Post
Fahad is not a Dileep-DQ-NP type actor . As he once said he do not entertain fan clubs / association ; neither do he have heroitic ego which is evident in most mallu main stream actors .

FF does an extended image of LAL in late 80s' or Jayaram in late 90s' . His acting has a vibe which makes him resemble most mallu men / boys in 24-35 age gap .
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old Today, 05:47 AM   #15622
sankar tho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 616
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
That is what is going to happen without these superstars. Our industry will shrink in terms of revenue. Because Dileep and Mohanlal are the only two actors who are capable of making a 10 to 15 crores plus Malayalam film profitable.
Firstly . BO success are not the measuring instruments of any industry / Art . As some one says True art is priceless . Bengali / Iranian movies were above Bollywood & Hollywood in the complexity of subjects they deal with .

If we just consider cinema like any other business then BO collections are yardsticks but whether Cinema is just a business venture ; it is more like a collaboration of art & business.

Padmarajans/ Bharathans' films had many set backs in BO but they are immortal than many super directors who had only success in their kitty .
__________________

mohammedirshad06 liked this post
sankar tho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:51 AM   #15623
matteo.verdescam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 378
Likes (Received): 131

Sunday Special

Any idea, what is the special food in jail for DILEEP today?



Valla Beefum Chickenum aano
matteo.verdescam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:32 AM   #15624
Kochi Resident
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,372
Likes (Received): 1281

That is your view. Not everyone need to have the same opinion. If Malayalam industry churns out only arthouse films then very soon we can see our youth shifting their attention towards larger than life Bollywood, Tamil and Telugu dubbed films.

I want Malayalam films to grow artistically but at the same time it needs to make business. Recently producers are now confident to take risks because of the huge revenue Malayalam film industry has generated like 50 crore clubs and 100 crore clubs.

Bengali film industry is no longer the one where Sathyajit Ray kind of films are produced. I have now seen their films having superstars and going to foreign locations like Switzerland. Even they have realized the value of revenue and business. So why should our industry be strictly restricted to boring arthouse films which are only watched by a selected audience

You yourself were appreciating Baahubali 2. Why are you against such movies in Malayalam?This is height of double standards. From this I understand that you are an other language supporter.. You want arthouse films to be made here while you yourself support other language films made with wide canvas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar tho View Post
Firstly . BO success are not the measuring instruments of any industry / Art . As some one says True art is priceless . Bengali / Iranian movies were above Bollywood & Hollywood in the complexity of subjects they deal with .

If we just consider cinema like any other business then BO collections are yardsticks but whether Cinema is just a business venture ; it is more like a collaboration of art & business.

Padmarajans/ Bharathans' films had many set backs in BO but they are immortal than many super directors who had only success in their kitty .
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:43 AM   #15625
Gokulrockz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 61
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar tho View Post
Firstly . BO success are not the measuring instruments of any industry / Art . As some one says True art is priceless . Bengali / Iranian movies were above Bollywood & Hollywood in the complexity of subjects they deal with .

If we just consider cinema like any other business then BO collections are yardsticks but whether Cinema is just a business venture ; it is more like a collaboration of art & business.

Padmarajans/ Bharathans' films had many set backs in BO but they are immortal than many super directors who had only success in their kitty .
Thenga kola enich podey ...the only thing which a muv is expected to provide and should not fail in providing is entertainment ...if its sucessfull in providing a satisfaction to a wide range of people that's wat we can call as a tru muv...and not a art muv which barely satisfys anyone's mind..this so called artistic values etc have only importance while writing a big essay like urs...end the end if the muv satisfys peoples mind that's a gud muv..not ones which has so many inner meanings and complexities like ur so called art muvs...a muv is for entertainment not for making our already complex life more stressful!
Gokulrockz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:53 AM   #15626
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 21,561
Likes (Received): 9213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
They are supposed to act only. And IMO this actress issue is not something which deserves a blog.

And just because they remain silent does it really mean that they support Dileep?
What happened in Amma meeting? Just imagine, a veteran like Thilakan was banned just because he acted in a movie or Sukumaran who spoke a word against Mammotty...

But, Dileep, despite of all accusations against him, despite of him speaking against the victim actress publically, wasn't asked to step down atleast from the executive and entire committee was there to defend. And you have veterans choosing silence. Isn't it the BIGGEST SUPPORT an accused ever got in AMMA, when veterans were banned, denied membership etc in many instances before?

Whats more credibility does Mohanlal's Blog has, when he has time to talk about jawans on borders, but not a colleague of him?


Quote:
Is it really necessary that they need to open their mouth without a solid evidence or proof?
Did these people opened their mouth against Pulsar Sunni with PROOFs? Did they accused him as CRIMINAL, with tons of evidence collected by them? If Pulsar Sunni can be called so, same as Dileep which has logical, circumstantial and situtional evidence.

In Amma meeting, no need of removing or banning Dileep. Atleast they could have asked him to step down from executive untill the allegations against him gets cleared. Its a very moral and logical action... The same AMMA, once asked Devan to step down from executive when a case against him was at court, even before he was declared culprit. Devan came back to executive only last year, once all his cases were stayed and some were cancelled.

How can you have two different laws for two people? If Devan was asked to step down because of an allegation, the same should have been applied on Dileep?

Quote:
Appreciate her for what she did but why drag Dileep or our superstars for this controversy? She or even the victim actress has not said that the culprit is Dileep. It is the media and some vested interests who are keen on putting two and two together
Do you know that Manju and Victim actress did or did not say anything? If they didn't say anything in public domain, it doesn't mean they haven't said at all. Media is 4th estate and they get information in public domain. There are so many things, which we public know only when media reports even from indirect sources. There are 1000s of news said in media not said by politician directly. But its all have meaning in society as people are have enough brains to understand and link multiple news. Its not official statements that people trust alone, even indirect news too.


Quote:
Just because Pulsar Sunni is the accused no 1 is it really necessary that Dileep should be accused no.2? Pulsar Sunni has done it and he has admitted it. But that is not the case with Dileep
When did he admitted it? Did he plead guilty? His advocate Alur says in court, he is innocent... If he admits the crime in a court, then there is no need of a leading DEFENCE ADVOCATE....

Technically all accused plead NOT GUILTY. Its job of the state and prosecution to prove GUILTY and Police has said Pulsar as Accused 1 and Dileep as Accused 2. Both are innocent before law untill proven guilty. In eyes of public, both are guilty untill proven innocent, which is a common logic in most of criminal cases.

Just because Dileep is a star and have fans, it doesn't mean DILEEP has any speciality to believe as INNOCENT. If so, all other accused are equally innocent and the victim actress is GUILTY...



Quote:
First let there be a solid proof against Accused 2, then punish him. Everyone knows that Accused 1 is the one who did it so definitely he should be caught and punished. But being an educated well read person how can you confirm that Accused 2 is Dileep?
You can believe Police story on First Accused, but can't believe the same police story on Second Accused. What an irony?

A driver and his team who said openly, its a quotation, seems to have done this crime out of his own interest. No handlers, no plot... Hope we are not talking about TAMIL MOVIES


Quote:
If he is innocent after all this procedures then he has a special advantage And if he is not he will be punished irrespective of his stature. But request you to wait until them. Truth will finally come out
The same applies to other criminals. But others doesn't enjoy.. Why? The society is part of the state. The state and its prosecution says, these are the accused and has to be punished.

Remember, in a criminal case, the burden of innocence is solely a matter of accused to prove. For the state, they accuse the accused as criminal. We, the public are the state... So as public, we always see the accused as criminal. Only justice and judges are required to see them as innocent.



Quote:
If you are talking about big M's I have read a single statement from their mouth supporting Dileep. And the victim actress now has said that there was no real estate deal and she never uttered Dileep's name
Silence is one biggest form of support...

And the actress equally said, she doesn't even exclude Dileep's name too... Ofcourse, she is not like Dileep to talk anything ill about anyone openly atleast in public domain...



Quote:
Malayalam industry will never vanish because every industry will continue be it Bhojpuri or Tulu or Oriya or Assamese. But does our industry really deserve to go down to their level? That is what is going to happen without these superstars. Our industry will shrink in terms of revenue. Because Dileep and Mohanlal are the only two actors who are capeable of making a 10 to 15 crores plus Malayalam film profitable.
Feels intense pity when you compare Malayalam with Bhojpuri and believe its because one Dileep or Mohanlal, the industry stands different.

Com'on Man... Malayalam is way ahead even to Kannada, not because of any stars, rather because of content, story, presentation and ofcourse talents. Talent is not just superstars on screen, rather the story and way of presentation of story. Its not dependent on any individuals.

Rise of Mammotty and Mohanlal owes a lot to super story writers and directors like Padmarajan, Bharathan, Lohitadas, Sibi Malayan, Sreenivasan, MT etc... If one asks for Mammotty's legacy, its movies like Oru Vadakkan Veeragathan or Thaniyavarthanam etc that will be showcased, not Greatfather or similar.

So as Mohanlal's will be more remembered for his movies like Bharatham, Kireedom or Dasaratham, rather than one idiotic Pullimurugan.

And when these writers or directors like Padmarajan or Bharathan died, the industry didn't became another Bhojpuri... Rather more talents came.

If not Padmarajan-Bharathan combo of yesterday, it may be Bobby Sanjay or Shyam Pushkaran or James Albert today... Tomorrow someone else.

Industry like Bhojpuri or Assamese etc couldn't grow due to lack of similar talents to push the industry... They are still have stars, but not talents.

Fortunately we are having talents... So why caring for SUPERSTARS....
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #15627
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 21,561
Likes (Received): 9213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
That is your view. Not everyone need to have the same opinion. If Malayalam industry churns out only arthouse films then very soon we can see our youth shifting their attention towards larger than life Bollywood, Tamil and Telugu dubbed films.

I want Malayalam films to grow artistically but at the same time it needs to make business. Recently producers are now confident to take risks because of the huge revenue Malayalam film industry has generated like 50 crore clubs and 100 crore clubs.

Bengali film industry is no longer the one where Sathyajit Ray kind of films are produced. I have now seen their films having superstars and going to foreign locations like Switzerland. Even they have realized the value of revenue and business. So why should our industry be strictly restricted to boring arthouse films which are only watched by a selected audience

You yourself were appreciating Baahubali 2. Why are you against such movies in Malayalam?This is height of double standards. From this I understand that you are an other language supporter.. You want arthouse films to be made here while you yourself support other language films made with wide canvas.
If you watch lot of Non Malayalee reviews of Malayalam cinema in Youtube, say Nimish Halkar's review or Rajdeep or SIMILAR, they all share their passion for Malayalam more than any other language ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CONTENT.

Content doesn't mean to be ART.. It means the way to logically entertain and fit to the mind.

I was watch an English lady Marven Girl's review on Spadikam in Youtube and she was clearly highlighting how action movie in Malayalam differs from telugu or Tamil when she was reviewing Spadikam.

Thats our trademark. We don't need to imitate Tamil or TELUGU concepts into industry. We can have our own yardstick to measure.

100 crore is a very recent term used in Bollywood, why should same be used in Malayalam? A movie like TD or MP may not be in 100 crore club, but will be enjoyed more than Bahubali or any such by majority.

I was seeing Nimish's review on Guru and his remarks with comparison to Bahubali. Guru had lot of art works etc, but it was part of the story. It wasn't to awe the audience, rather the story content demands so. We could make Take Off at less than 6 crore with more appreciations than Airlift. Why we insist to compare Airlift BO and Take OFF BO in same way?

If spending 6 crore and earning 27 crore, its good for producer. The movie's content has been reviewed and appreciated by majority who watched it. Why we insist that TAKE OFF must have same BO as that of Airlift?

What value does Pullimurugan gives to Mollywood? Nothing.

Infact unnessecary inflating budgets should be seen as a plot of pushing large black money into the industry. Infact post Dileep's arrest, Enforcement, Income tax and DRI are investigating the flow of black money in industry, which in many ways can't justify....

For example, a movie like Welcome to Central Jail, all shot in Kerala,primarily in a set, costs 9 crore, while a movie like Take Off shot completely in RAK and Hyderabad with lot of intense scenes and use of helicopters, tanks etc costs less than 6 crore (anyway renumeration of KBO or Fahad won't inflate the cost to more than 7 crore)

So definitely there is lot of fishiness when you say Big budget movies especially when we hear the costs that don't justify the artistic content. As Enforcement identify, nearly 60 plus movies are made in Malayalam that never saw light... Who are the investors? For what they make these investment?

Definitely a lot of grey shades have crept into Mollywood in name of big budget.

I am not against Big Budget movies. But a blank belief, Big Budget movies are the only way for Mollywood in future, is utter stupidity.

The importance should be on content and entertainment value... If you can achieve all that in less cost, its more great than unnessecary gold plating.
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #15628
Kochi Resident
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,372
Likes (Received): 1281

When Baahubali2 released he was praising Rajamouli and Baahubali 2. His golden rule is that 'Malayalam industry should produce boring arthouse films. Nevertheless I will watch Tamil and Telugu movies and appreciate them.' That is our great sankar tho.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokulrockz View Post
Thenga kola enich podey ...the only thing which a muv is expected to provide and should not fail in providing is entertainment ...if its sucessfull in providing a satisfaction to a wide range of people that's wat we can call as a tru muv...and not a art muv which barely satisfys anyone's mind..this so called artistic values etc have only importance while writing a big essay like urs...end the end if the muv satisfys peoples mind that's a gud muv..not ones which has so many inner meanings and complexities like ur so called art muvs...a muv is for entertainment not for making our already complex life more stressful!
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #15629
Kochi Resident
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,372
Likes (Received): 1281

Your first paragraph is an old story which Iam not aware of since I was not too updated with details of Malayalam film industry. So Iam not the one to comment. Iam only interested in current situation.

Last para:If an actor is writing a blog as his hobby he has the right to publish whatever his interested in and whatever he enjoys. Not about an actress molestation or a party worker hacked in Kannur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
What happened in Amma meeting? Just imagine, a veteran like Thilakan was banned just because he acted in a movie or Sukumaran who spoke a word against Mammotty...

But, Dileep, despite of all accusations against him, despite of him speaking against the victim actress publically, wasn't asked to step down atleast from the executive and entire committee was there to defend. And you have veterans choosing silence. Isn't it the BIGGEST SUPPORT an accused ever got in AMMA, when veterans were banned, denied membership etc in many instances before?

Whats more credibility does Mohanlal's Blog has, when he has time to talk about jawans on borders, but not a colleague of him?
It is evident that Pulsar Suni has done it when he himself has admitted it. But in case of Dileep it is yet to be proven. Why should they open their mouth against something which they do not know?

Quote:
Did these people opened their mouth against Pulsar Sunni with PROOFs? Did they accused him as CRIMINAL, with tons of evidence collected by them? If Pulsar Sunni can be called so, same as Dileep which has logical, circumstantial and situtional evidence.
Manju and actress did not say in public. Let them tell the police or to any confidential source. Even then who are we to conclude that Dileep is the culprit? And MI, I respect you for your knowledge and depth about any topic. So this kind of an accusation without any proof and calling the accused 'pervert' kind of statements are least expected from you.

Quote:
Do you know that Manju and Victim actress did or did not say anything? If they didn't say anything in public domain, it doesn't mean they haven't said at all. Media is 4th estate and they get information in public domain. There are so many things, which we public know only when media reports even from indirect sources. There are 1000s of news said in media not said by politician directly. But its all have meaning in society as people are have enough brains to understand and link multiple news. Its not official statements that people trust alone, even indirect news too.
It is more media cooked than police story. Police is doing their work confidentially

Quote:
You can believe Police story on First Accused, but can't believe the same police story on Second Accused. What an irony?
The actress which you are talking about whether Manju or victim are not saints either. I appreciate Manju's work.

Quote:
Silence is one biggest form of support...

And the actress equally said, she doesn't even exclude Dileep's name too... Ofcourse, she is not like Dileep to talk anything ill about anyone openly atleast in public domain...
Superstars make a difference when it comes to growth of industry revenue wise. Regarding Bhopuri I just said generally when you said Malayalam industry will vanish. No Indian language film industry will vanish. We all know that Malayalam will never reach Bhojpuri level both in terms of content or revenue

Quote:
Feels intense pity when you compare Malayalam with Bhojpuri and believe its because one Dileep or Mohanlal, the industry stands different.
No need to say 'even kannada' because Kannada is the most backward industry in South India in terms of revenue and even content. But they spend a lot because their superstar films get heavy initials even more than Malayalam films because of crazy fans but they do not have long run and family audience as compared to Malayalam.

Quote:
Com'on Man... Malayalam is way ahead even to Kannada, not because of any stars, rather because of content, story, presentation and ofcourse talents. Talent is not just superstars on screen, rather the story and way of presentation of story. Its not dependent on any individuals.
Agree with that. But still I believe a superstar concept is required for growth of industry
Quote:
Rise of Mammotty and Mohanlal owes a lot to super story writers and directors like Padmarajan, Bharathan, Lohitadas, Sibi Malayan, Sreenivasan, MT etc... If one asks for Mammotty's legacy, its movies like Oru Vadakkan Veeragathan or Thaniyavarthanam etc that will be showcased, not Greatfather or similar.
Dont say a movie is idiotic just because you didnt like it. It is just that the movie is in a genre different from what you like

Quote:
So as Mohanlal's will be more remembered for his movies like Bharatham, Kireedom or Dasaratham, rather than one idiotic Pullimurugan.
No doubt about that

Quote:
And when these writers or directors like Padmarajan or Bharathan died, the industry didn't became another Bhojpuri... Rather more talents came.
For your information Bhojpuri never had talents even during its growth period. Their target audience is front benchers. They never release in multiplexes. Because of that the industry became stagnant.

Assamese I dont think there are even stars or any talent. Mostly Bollywood has already dominated the Assamese box office. Same way I dont want Tamil films to dominate Kerala box office. Instead I either want Tamil films to exit Kerala box office or Malayalam films to make revenue at Tamil Nadu box office. For that superstars are required. Nivin Pauly and DQ plays an important role in that process

Quote:
Industry like Bhojpuri or Assamese etc couldn't grow due to lack of similar talents to push the industry... They are still have stars, but not talents.

Fortunately we are having talents... So why caring for SUPERSTARS....
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #15630
Kochi Resident
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,372
Likes (Received): 1281

I agree. Films like spadikam had a good content But Spadikam was a big budget film costing 1.5 crores in 1995 and collected around 3-4 crores. That shows the importance of budget. If Spadikam was made on a budget of 30 lakhs then it would have been a different story

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
]If you watch lot of Non Malayalee reviews of Malayalam cinema in Youtube, say Nimish Halkar's review or Rajdeep or SIMILAR, they all share their passion for Malayalam more than any other language ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CONTENT.

Content doesn't mean to be ART.. It means the way to logically entertain and fit to the mind.

I was watch an English lady Marven Girl's review on Spadikam in Youtube and she was clearly highlighting how action movie in Malayalam differs from telugu or Tamil when she was reviewing Spadikam.
Dont think that it is enjoyed more than Baahubali. 100 crore is not important is just your opinion. If our films generate revenue of 100 crores then our producers will be confident enough to make good films which have big budgets. Only then can we get good period films repeatedly like Pazhassi Raja or Urumi

Quote:
100 crore is a very recent term used in Bollywood, why should same be used in Malayalam? A movie like TD or MP may not be in 100 crore club, but will be enjoyed more than Bahubali or any such by majority.
That is again your opinion. Pulimurugan will always find a place in the history of Malayalam cinema

Quote:
What value does Pullimurugan gives to Mollywood? Nothing.
I will post PC George's interview so that you get an answer to this post. Black money and other things are a part of every industry. Why only Dileep?

Quote:
Infact unnessecary inflating budgets should be seen as a plot of pushing large black money into the industry. Infact post Dileep's arrest, Enforcement, Income tax and DRI are investigating the flow of black money in industry, which in many ways can't justify....
WTC the whole movie costs only 6.5 crores.

Quote:
For example, a movie like Welcome to Central Jail, all shot in Kerala,primarily in a set, costs 9 crore, while a movie like Take Off shot completely in RAK and Hyderabad with lot of intense scenes and use of helicopters, tanks etc costs less than 6 crore (anyway renumeration of KBO or Fahad won't inflate the cost to more than 7 crore)
Both budget and content are important to the industry. Can a Pazhassi Raja or Urumi made with a budget of 6 crores?

Iam not saying that big budgets are only the future of Malayalam film industry. But there are many things which will be possible because of big budgets one of them being BR Shetty's Mahabharatham.

Big budgets are not all about black money and hawala

Quote:
So definitely there is lot of fishiness when you say Big budget movies especially when we hear the costs that don't justify the artistic content. As Enforcement identify, nearly 60 plus movies are made in Malayalam that never saw light... Who are the investors? For what they make these investment?

Definitely a lot of grey shades have crept into Mollywood in name of big budget.

I am not against Big Budget movies. But a blank belief, Big Budget movies are the only way for Mollywood in future, is utter stupidity.

The importance should be on content and entertainment value... If you can achieve all that in less cost, its more great than unnessecary gold plating.
Kochi Resident no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:16 AM   #15631
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Abu Dhabi
Posts: 21,561
Likes (Received): 9213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
Your first paragraph is an old story which Iam not aware of since I was not too updated with details of Malayalam film industry. So Iam not the one to comment. Iam only interested in current situation.

Last para:If an actor is writing a blog as his hobby he has the right to publish whatever his interested in and whatever he enjoys. Not about an actress molestation or a party worker hacked in Kannur.

It is evident that Pulsar Suni has done it when he himself has admitted it. But in case of Dileep it is yet to be proven. Why should they open their mouth against something which they do not know?



Manju and actress did not say in public. Let them tell the police or to any confidential source. Even then who are we to conclude that Dileep is the culprit? And MI, I respect you for your knowledge and depth about any topic. So this kind of an accusation without any proof and calling the accused 'pervert' kind of statements are least expected from you.



It is more media cooked than police story. Police is doing their work confidentially

The actress which you are talking about whether Manju or victim are not saints either. I appreciate Manju's work.

Superstars make a difference when it comes to growth of industry revenue wise. Regarding Bhopuri I just said generally when you said Malayalam industry will vanish. No Indian language film industry will vanish. We all know that Malayalam will never reach Bhojpuri level both in terms of content or revenue

No need to say 'even kannada' because Kannada is the most backward industry in South India in terms of revenue and even content. But they spend a lot because their superstar films get heavy initials even more than Malayalam films because of crazy fans but they do not have long run and family audience as compared to Malayalam.

Agree with that. But still I believe a superstar concept is required for growth of industry

Dont say a movie is idiotic just because you didnt like it. It is just that the movie is in a genre different from what you like
No doubt about that
For your information Bhojpuri never had talents even during its growth period. Their target audience is front benchers. They never release in multiplexes. Because of that the industry became stagnant.

Assamese I dont think there are even stars or any talent. Mostly Bollywood has already dominated the Assamese box office. Same way I dont want Tamil films to dominate Kerala box office. Instead I either want Tamil films to exit Kerala box office or Malayalam films to make revenue at Tamil Nadu box office. For that superstars are required. Nivin Pauly and DQ plays an important role in that process

Friend,

Pulsar Sunni never admitted any of his crime in front of the court. Same as Dileep, both are trying to prove their innocence. The police found enough evidences and established a story to prove Pulsar Sunni is Accused 1 and Dileep as Accused 2 (Dileep is now Accused 11 as per Old FIR and Police itself clarified, he will be made as Accused 2 when new chargesheet is filed)

Both has to prove to the court, they are innocent. Untill then, in eyes of public, they are ACCUSED. Accused means, someone being charged with a guilt. The law of innocence untill proven guilty is APPLICABLE only to Judges, not common man. Its based on this universal fact, we see people like Sunni or Govindaswami etc as criminals even before verdict is made. Even Salman Khan was seen in that same view before court verdict.

Media can't make a fake story from no where. Even if they do so, it will be exposed in many ways. Here, the story is part of Police report, which all medias accessed during remand of Dileep. And the story is highly credible as it fits to the logic of anyone. If instead of Dileep, they charge the case on Jayaram or Nivin or even AJU, it won't be believed by public as there is no visible or acceptable logic in that. Unforunately thats not the case with Dileep.

We are not talking about Saints and demons story. All have grey shades. But black isn't something desired... Here, the worst act is giving a quotation to rape an actress and few goons doing so. That single act supersedes all other acts by any party.

You should be happy, that this crime exposed the black side of Mollywood and now every single agency is investigating multiple deals and issues that have affected Mollywood. I am not believer that there will be a world without crimes.

But atleast for crimes, some level of punishment must happen... Over ages, several crimes committed in the industry with no punishment. Several hapless actress committed suicide or lost in oblivion... This has helped for the first time, no one in the industry can walk freely if they have stains in the hand. It will have some impact, some degree of accountability and a caution.

-------------------------

Superstars alone cannot drive an industry. There are multiple factors to drive an industry.

89 year old Mollywood survived NOT by seeing 3 movies of Dileep... There are many celebrated actors who lost into oblivion overnight.. Nothing happened to industry. Shankar was once the superstar of Malayalam cinema, much busier than Mohanlal. NOTHING HAPPENED to the industry when he was forgotten.

If not dileep some other actors will take his position...
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

sankar tho liked this post
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #15632
sankar tho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 616
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post
When Baahubali2 released he was praising Rajamouli and Baahubali 2. His golden rule is that 'Malayalam industry should produce boring arthouse films. Nevertheless I will watch Tamil and Telugu movies and appreciate them.' That is our great sankar tho.
I criticized your opinion for saying that no dileep=no Malayala cinema since he is a descent crowd puller or box office generator ..

I NEVER SAID WE SHOULD PRODUCE ONLY ART HOUSE FILMS ; I ONLY MENTIONED THERE SHOULD BE SOME QUALITY TOO INSTEAD OF WELCOME TO CENTRAL JAIL
sankar tho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #15633
sankar tho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 616
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochi Resident View Post

Both budget and content are important to the industry.
Only fact in a big essay
sankar tho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #15634
sankar tho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 616
Likes (Received): 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
89 year old Mollywood survived NOT by seeing 3 movies of Dileep... There are many celebrated actors who lost into oblivion overnight.. Nothing happened to industry. Shankar was once the superstar of Malayalam cinema, much busier than Mohanlal. NOTHING HAPPENED to the industry when he was forgotten.

If not dileep some other actors will take his position...
True...This is the fact
sankar tho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #15635
matteo.verdescam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 378
Likes (Received): 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar tho View Post


I criticized your opinion for saying that no dileep=no Malayala cinema since he is a descent crowd puller or box office generator ..

I NEVER SAID WE SHOULD PRODUCE ONLY ART HOUSE FILMS ; I ONLY MENTIONED THERE SHOULD BE SOME QUALITY TOO INSTEAD OF WELCOME TO CENTRAL JAIL
In one way, Dileep film was good compared with Sharukh khan uncle.
matteo.verdescam no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu