SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Chennai | Technology-R&D | E-Commerce | Startup updates

2M views 6K replies 369 participants last post by  thillai_selvan 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the CHENNAITHREAD

I started this thread on IT projects for Chennai with that imaginative heading, as I thought it was huge and deserved a thread on its own. Thanks to Shankar for original idea though. Lets try keep it all here ? If its a failure I will beg and crawl and ask Suncity to link it with the main Chennai projects thread :D

#2,001 ·
My thoughts - people can differ.

what are the IT career opportunity level in Chennai? is it more service centric or product centric?
Subjective - Depends

Does the cost of living as comparable to Bangalore or better?
Similar cost of living

Does the salary range changes from Bangalore to Chennai for the same profile though?
Subjective again
Bangalore has better product centric opportunities, Salary is also slightly higher in Blore for similar profile, Cost of living is slightly higher in Blore for renters, if you want to buy a realestate Chennai is much higher.

#2,002 ·
Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the real estate- yes, i'm actually stunned with the cost of the property in Chennai than in Bangalore :)

And further is there a list of product companies that I can refer? is there a webpage where I can find the list of product IT companies consolidated across Chennai? Hope this is not too much asking...

If I've to compare on career decision making parameters for Bangalore and Chennai, can you folks help answer, say

Chennai Bangalore
1. Cost of Living
2. Mode of transport
3. Lifestyle
4. Real Estate / Property
5. IT Career Prospects/ Growth
6. Work Culture /Political
7. Salary Fitment /Role
8. School /Education
9. Employee Attrition
10. Work Life Balance Support

thanks in advance for your help..

#2,004 ·
Apols. if you feel so.. I intent to understand the whole questions only from IT industry perspective in Chennai Vs Bangalore.. it might sound bit job advice though when you answer this.

Please kindly ignore it if you folks feel so. Thanks again as I continue read you valuable posts as always!

#2,005 ·
Apols. if you feel so.. I intent to understand the whole questions only from IT industry perspective in Chennai Vs Bangalore.. it might sound bit job advice though when you answer this.

Please kindly ignore it if you folks feel so. Thanks again as I continue read you valuable posts as always!
Google monster and naukri can help u more than us.
Zoho is great company out of chennai besides amazon,eBay pay pal

#2,006 ·
My thoughts - people can differ.

what are the IT career opportunity level in Chennai? is it more service centric or product centric?
Subjective - Depends

Does the cost of living as comparable to Bangalore or better?
Similar cost of living

Does the salary range changes from Bangalore to Chennai for the same profile though?
Subjective again
In my experience cost of life is lesser in Chennai than Bangalore.
Petrol Prices are lesser by Rs.3. If you use your own vehicle it comes lesser.
Compared to BESCOM, TNEB charges too less in Chennai and power cut in Chennai is lesser compared to Bangalore.
TN does not have heavy entry tax for good and even road tax is also less. So, the good sold at Channai are lesser priced.
Multiplexes can't charge more than Rs.120 , whereas in BLR non Kannada movie tickets goes upto Rs.1000 sometimes.
MTC fare is much lesser than BMTC fare..even if you do apple to apple comparison of volvo services.
Now start music..:)

#2,007 ·
Compared to BESCOM, TNEB charges too less in Chennai and power cut in Chennai is lesser compared to Bangalore.
TN does not have heavy entry tax for good and even road tax is also less. So, the good sold at Channai are lesser priced.
Multiplexes can't charge more than Rs.120 , whereas in BLR non Kannada movie tickets goes upto Rs.1000 sometimes.
MTC fare is much lesser than BMTC fare..even if you do apple to apple comparison of volvo services.
Yennn...nalla thanae poittu iruku:lol:

#2,008 ·
MTC Volvo costs Rs. 2 - 3/km depending on the distance. Can anyone tell me the comparable fares in other cities??

P.S. I know this question belongs to the MTC thread but still I hope people dont mind..

#2,009 ·
Lets continue with a healthy discussion.
1.Parking in Express 7 costs me 150Bucks while in BLR its 20Bucks in best of the malls.
2.Rent used to be 12k in 2003 , blr might have caught up now.
3.Food in resturants costs you more as there are not many hygenic self-service resturants SLV/Adigas. Juice costs a lot less.For a bachelor these are what saves a lot.
4.I agree pertol/buses/power cost a lot less.
5.No spending on AC as temp is good in BLR always.

Its fine if you dont agree , i do not want to offend anyone.