daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments

Offshore Developments Dubai's offshore projects including Palm Jumeirah, Palm Deira, Palm Jebel Ali and The Waterfront

Old August 30th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #7741
BuildPJA

Likes (Received): 4

Delete

Last edited by BuildPJA; August 31st, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
BuildPJA no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 30th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #7742
seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubayyy View Post
Is this on the Golden Mile 3 plot...? http://m.arabianbusiness.com/nakheel...ct-562893.html
Yes
seagulls está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 09:27 AM   #7743
FrankinDubai

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubayyy View Post
Not sure if I agree with this chap...I actually enjoy the relative quietness on the Palm...but an interesting article anyway...

http://m.arabianbusiness.com/now-is-...et-562875.html
Nakheel mall needs a decent anchor

Nakheel mall with a decent anchor (like Ski Dubai or fountains at Dubai mall) might make the place more of a draw.

I liked the suggestion of a madame tussauds.

Don't just build properties, build leisure anchors

The real estate projects were obviously where the money was and leisure projects were (and are) promoted to sell the real estate.

Marina residences on palm were sold at inflated prices because of proximity to a mall and station which were not built.

Dubai Land is a classic example

But thinking back to 2004 many bought property because "Dubai land was going to be bigger then Singapore!" and "can you imagine how many people are going to come???" - "disney world of the middle east" etc etc...

Government back leisure attractions

Maybe a government entity should look into these things in the same way they provide transport, because it is obvious that anchors are needed to soak up real estate and Dubai's growth.

It is also obvious developers keep defaulting on the leisure to go for a faster buck in real estate.

Leisure anchors - perhaps should be government funded.

Government would get pay back on higher land premium and the increased traffic- win: win
FrankinDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 09:39 AM   #7744
FrankinDubai

Likes (Received): 8

Actually when you go through the history of real estate you see loads of defaults on the leisure side of things...

Not just the biggies, like malls and stations, but golf courses not built, swimming pools not opened.

A)Developers should be penalised for failing to deliver on leisure facilities that are promoted with a development. They have likely demanded a premium for them.

B)The Palm should have something so spectacular, every passenger through Dubai airport feels the need to stay for a day and see it.

Yella habbibi, build it - shukran
FrankinDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 10:20 AM   #7745
owenrita121
theme parks and cities <3

Likes (Received): 11

The Atlantis is a massive draw for tourists. Even if they aren't staying everyone still wants to see it at least once.
Old August 31st, 2014, 11:43 AM   #7746
BuildPJA

I have a quick question ... Are the people who live on The Palm (Signature Villas) not going into the sea at their private beach?!
On all the pictures of The Palm and the villas there I have seen nobody swimming in the sea
BuildPJA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM   #7747
building1

Likes (Received): 12

One-at-the-palm

Is this project on the Palm or just before the Palm ?

http://www.thenational.ae/business/p...y-super-potato
building1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 01:31 PM   #7748
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 73

Assuming the Byblos goes between the Viceroy and the exit bridge, I'm not too sure where this could go without ruining the symmetry of the Palm.

My guess would be the triangle shaped gap between the entrance bridge and the exit bridge. Not much room there for construction equipment though.

Only other possibilities that I can see are:

Centre of the park, where Trump Tower was supposed to be - hope not.
Between Fairmont North and Oceana Hotel - unlikely as that will be the access point for the West Beach Mall thing they're going to build on the Fairmont beach.
As part of the Pointe Mall - unlikely as it'll block the view of/from Atlantis.
Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:05 PM   #7749
HoneyDaddy
Expert

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbo View Post
Assuming the Byblos goes between the Viceroy and the exit bridge, I'm not too sure where this could go without ruining the symmetry of the Palm.
There is no symmetry after they put there the ugly sucker on one side of the trunk.

BuildPJA liked this post
HoneyDaddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:49 PM   #7750
building1

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbo View Post

My guess would be the triangle shaped gap between the entrance bridge and the exit bridge. Not much room there for construction equipment though.

Only other possibilities that I can see are:

Centre of the park, where Trump Tower was supposed to be - hope not.
Between Fairmont North and Oceana Hotel - unlikely as that will be the access point for the West Beach Mall thing they're going to build on the Fairmont beach.
As part of the Pointe Mall - unlikely as it'll block the view of/from Atlantis.
My guess is that the location is in Media City, in front of the Palm, behind Royal Mirage Hotel or indeed the triangle shaped gap between the entrance bridge and the exit bridge.

Last edited by building1; Yesterday at 11:02 AM.
building1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 05:20 PM   #7751
BySmts

Likes (Received): 2

Dubai’s Omniyat, Drake & Scull Launch New Project In Palm Jumeirah

Called ‘One at Palm Jumeirah’, the luxury project will be designed by international architects.

Dubai-based developer Omniyat and construction firm Drake & Scull International (DSI) have partnered to launch a new residential property project in Palm Jumeirah, they announced on Sunday.

Called ‘One at Palm Jumeirah’, the luxury project will be jointly developed by both companies and will be managed by Omniyat.

The luxury residential building will be designed by architects Soma from New York, Super Potato from Japan and Vladimir from Lebanon, the companies said in a statement.

It will offer 360-degree views of the area, with apartment sizes ranging from 2,500 to 20,000 square feet.

Mahdi Amjad, executive chairman and CEO of Omniyat, said: “The finishing will be handled by famed interior designers. The combined expertise of these world-class firms is guaranteed to create a unique, high-end extraordinary development.”

The enabling works are due to commence within the next two months, the statement said.

More details about the project will be revealed at the upcoming property exhibition Cityscape Global 2014 in Dubai.

Amjad said: “Omniyat is very excited about developing this magnificent, super-luxury real estate project situated at the entrance of The Palm Jumeirah.

“We believe this plot is the perfect location to build such an iconic development that will be a global collaboration with inputs from Dubai, Japan, New York and Lebanon. It will definitely stand out on the Dubai skyline.”

Khaldoun Al Tabari, CEO and vice-chairman of DSI added: “Our 48 years’ expertise with high rise tower projects around the world will prove vital to delivering a project worthy of this prestigious location.”

Developers across Dubai have been launching a spate of new projects in recent months to cash in on the booming property market.

Last week, state-owned Nakheel announced that it is building a 12-storey residential complex with 130 apartments for lease in Palm Jumeirah. Construction is expected to begin before the end of 2014, with completion anticipated for mid-2016, the developer said.

Earlier this month, developer Damac also launched a mega golf-centred project, AKOYA Oxygen, in the emirate.

Located in Dubailand, the new development is spread across 55 million sq ft and will include residential, retail and hospitality projects including a five star hotel and a luxury wellness centre.

The first release of houses at the development sold out on the first day of the launch, and Damac plans to release the second set of units for sale this week.

http://gulfbusiness.com/2014/08/duba.../#.VAM8QpH2quU
BySmts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2014, 05:24 PM   #7752
BySmts

Likes (Received): 2

del

Last edited by BySmts; August 31st, 2014 at 05:30 PM.
BySmts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #7753
Josau
It's show time, folks!

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildPJA View Post
I have a quick question ... Are the people who live on The Palm (Signature Villas) not going into the sea at their private beach?!
On all the pictures of The Palm and the villas there I have seen nobody swimming in the sea
They swim in their pools, quite frankly these artificial "beaches" are very disappointing, just nice to look at. I feel this is the weakest point of all beaches on the Palm, wether it be Atlantis, Zaabel Saray or any other.
Interesting enough even the "natural" beach at JBR starts feeling artificial, because the wave movement has been altered by the Blue Water Island and the Palm Jumeirah. The Royal Mirage beach, which was spectacular, when the hotel first opened, is the same. You get the feeling to be in a salt water lake.
Josau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #7754
icemannapoli

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josau View Post
They swim in their pools, quite frankly these artificial "beaches" are very disappointing, just nice to look at. I feel this is the weakest point of all beaches on the Palm, wether it be Atlantis, Zaabel Saray or any other.
Interesting enough even the "natural" beach at JBR starts feeling artificial, because the wave movement has been altered by the Blue Water Island and the Palm Jumeirah. The Royal Mirage beach, which was spectacular, when the hotel first opened, is the same. You get the feeling to be in a salt water lake.
IMO is even worse...It's a lagoon :-(
icemannapoli no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
artificial island, dubai, island, united arab emirates