SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Bengaluru | Metro (Namma) | ನಮ್ಮ ಮೆಟ್ರೊ - ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು

17M views 62K replies 1K participants last post by  Kramerey 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Official Bangalore Metro Website

Profile:

Several MRTS proposals for Bangalore have been in the pipeline for nearly 24 years. In 1982, a study suggested that the MRTS should have a route length of 12.20 km. and pegged the cost at Rs. 239.15 crores.

In 1983, the Metropolitan Transit Project, an organization of Indian Railways, prepared a feasibility report for provision of suburban rail services on existing lines, a circular railway of 57.9 km. metro system on two corridors, in Phase-I 12.9 km. from Rajajinagar to Jayanagar and in Phase - II 11.2 km. from Hudson Circle to Krishnarajapuram. In 1988, a World Bank aided study was carried out by RITES and the study recommended a Commuter Rail System along with improvement of road transport system.

Later, in 1994, the Bangalore Mass Rapid Transit Limited (BMRTL) was incorporated by the State Government to implement the mass rapid transit system. BMRTL in turn asked the IL&FS to carry out a feasibility study for LRT System on Public-Private Partnership. However, though the partner was selected, the project did not take off. Later, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in partnership with RITES prepared a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Bangalore Metro Rail, Phase I in 2003 at the instance of the Government. It proposed two double line corridors: East-West (EW) and North-South (NS) with a total length of 33 km.

The Bangalore Metro Rail finally took shape with the Karnataka Government clearing the project in March, 2005 and the Union Government giving its approval in April, 2006.

Phase I
Consists of 42.3 kilometers of route length of which 8.8 kilometers is underground while the rest is elevated

Construction has been divided into 4 elevated 'reaches' and 2 underground sections:

Chronology of Opening of Lines

Phase 2 Package Details.

Reach 1.

CC: Amith Nag

CC: Narayanan Vinoba

Departing Trinity station by Nicolas Mirguet, on Flickr

The busy Trinity Circle by night by Nicolas Mirguet, on Flickr

Trinity station and the Oberoi Hotel by Nicolas Mirguet, on Flickr

Bangalore Metro view from a drone

Reach 3

Maps by doc.aneesh

Phase 1

Phase II Plan

Rolling Stock -by Rotem + Mitsubishi + MELCO + BEML

Majestic Underground Interchange station Render.

PHASE 2

Oct-2022
------------

Bored during the month: 532.0 mtrs;
Overall completed: 13,179.0 mtrs (up by 2.5%);
Boring rate average: 2.29 mtrs /day (down from 2.76 mtrs);
Overall average rate: 2.71 mtrs /day (down from 2.73 last month);
Rudra stopped /awaiting resumption, Bhadra - No progress /stopped?;
Next Breakthrough - Vamika (End-Dec-2022).
View attachment 4175452

Code:
GAUGE            :    Standard Gauge      
TRACTION         :    750V dc Third Rail
SPEED Max        :    80Kmph ; Sch. 32Kmph      
NO. OF STATIONS  :    41
TRAVEL TIME      :    33 Mins. (end to end)

See less See more
2 13
#8,132 ·
This is a very exciting moment for the city. Despite a few disappointments, I hope this turns out to be just as successful as the Delhi Metro. I can't wait to ride this thing. :cheers: A big thank you to all the people who posted updates and photos.

#8,134 · (Edited)
Thanks to KPN, Bangalore City blogspot and fellow amateur photographers for excellent pics......

@ Abhishek

For curiosity, is taking picture allowed in DM Stations & trains?

#8,135 ·
Good to see your words.... I do hope NM's other stations concourse too would be as good as MG Road's...

With NM Reach 1 ready for operations, want to whether any one knows/heard of awarding contract for Majestic Interconnecting Station and if not the reason for the last leg delay (Is the inter modal transport stn planned with KSRTC and BMTC delaying it?)....

Concourse level of MG road station looks nice, probably the best concourse for an elevated metro station in India.