SkyscraperCity Forum banner
2,181 - 2,200 of 2,209 Posts
I was working with someone who works for Rite Aid this weekend and he said the Fort Ave. location will be moving to where Walgreens was supposed to go. I'm sure MedStar has been pushing for this.

I think it's nice that someone will fill that location and something MedStar has really wanted but I do like Rite Aid's current set up and it would pull one of the anchors out of Southside Maketplace which has done such a good job recently of making over that shopping center.

Maybe a Five Below could replace them, cool store, and lots of good things for kids with the growing amount of families around here. The leasing agent from Southside did tell me some things are out to Lease right now so I hope some good things are coming and hopefully a restaurant. The spaces available are the former Popeye's, Subway is moving to the old Verizon so that will be open, Hunan just closed, and the Rite Aid spot if that indeed opens. So could be the opportunity for 3-4 new stores.
Do you know why Hunan closed? It was sad for me seeing them closed - like an old friend leaving.

Between the Phillips and McHenry Row project and Stadium Square, there is a lot of new daytime workforce coming to South Baltimore which is great for our existing restaurants and retail. Under Armour's expansion as well.

Also, we are starting to see small offices convert rowhomes, typically former bars, into offices. Most of those licenses are being bought up for Anthem House.

As someone who lives, works and plays in South Baltimore, it's pretty awesome. Not surprised to see many others looking to do the same.

Between the Phillips and McHenry Row project and Stadium Square, there is a lot of new daytime workforce coming to South Baltimore which is great for our existing restaurants and retail. Under Armour's expansion as well.

Also, we are starting to see small offices convert rowhomes, typically former bars, into offices. Most of those licenses are being bought up for Anthem House.

As someone who lives, works and plays in South Baltimore, it's pretty awesome. Not surprised to see many others looking to do the same.
now, if only the momentum can keep going with the newer incarnation of Hammerjacks finally getting started.

:eek:hno:

Of all the organizations that should be Downtown, the United Way is it. I find it very concerning that they too are deserting the traditional downtown. As a result, they will never get another penny of my money.
The fact that charities don't actually get the money people pledge through UW until one (or two depending on the campaign) fiscal year(s) after deciding to give was enough for me. That and the fact that not every penny one designates to charities actually make it to the charity should be enough for anyone to avoid giving through UW.

The Victory House at 1702-1708 Light St. was shut down today by multiple city departments. This house has been South Baltimore public enemy #1 for decades and a safe house for all levels of criminal activity, addicts, dealers, thieves, and more. Having lived a block from there for more than a decade and witnessed what goes on, as well as the fact that it's across the street from Thomas Johnson Elementary, one of the area's best schools, this a great day for the South Baltimore. I feel bad for the handful of law abiding residents that were thrown out with them, but they'll end up in a better place.

To no surprise, it was owned by a DC area landlord who had many offers to take it off her hands. It will go to auction in July for probably less than she would've gotten in past offers.

The Victory House at 1702-1708 Light St. was shut down today by multiple city departments. This house has been South Baltimore public enemy #1 for decades and a safe house for all levels of criminal activity, addicts, dealers, thieves, and more. Having lived a block from there for more than a decade and witnessed what goes on, as well as the fact that it's across the street from Thomas Johnson Elementary, one of the area's best schools, this a great day for the South Baltimore. I feel bad for the handful of law abiding residents that were thrown out with them, but they'll end up in a better place.

To no surprise, it was owned by a DC area landlord who had many offers to take it off her hands. It will go to auction in July for probably less than she would've gotten in past offers.
This is great news. I lived near there for 5 years and could never understand how they would allow a bunch of drug addicts to live across the street from a school. Hopefully they will build some nice tasteful new row homes.

This is great news. I lived near there for 5 years and could never understand how they would allow a bunch of drug addicts to live across the street from a school. Hopefully they will build some nice tasteful new row homes.
A developer that has been pursuing it had mentioned building homes that look like the Merchant ones. That would be cool. Should be interesting to see if they can get parking pack there. They were need to buy a home on Marshall and tear it down or get 1700 Light to not block off the alley easement... though it's very small.

Any new developments in downtown near the Waterfront? New skyscrapers going up other than the one we already know of? I see this thread has been dormant for almost 2 years so I took it upon myself to at least attempt to revive it.

Any new developments in downtown near the Waterfront? New skyscrapers going up other than the one we already know of? I see this thread has been dormant for almost 2 years so I took it upon myself to at least attempt to revive it.
You are looking in the wrong thread. The main thread where all the development news is posted is just the "Baltimore Development News" thread that is stickied.

just saw the aerial shot of Kevin's post on his Southbmore.com website the other day. Then I contrasted it with a Facebook post from last year that had the same aerial view from 1978. Wow!

2,181 - 2,200 of 2,209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.