SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Baltimore Christmas events

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Mirage52 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any family-oriented, inexpensive, fun, christassy kind of things to do in town that is outdoors? I know that is a detailed description, but my mom is convinced there is nothing to do in town during Christmas.

#4 ·
Hmm...there's the Festival of Lights at the Timonium Fairgrounds. I've never been, but it's a staple among Baltimore Christmas events. You could visit 34th Street in Hampden. Their decorations are amazing. There's the Garden of Lights at Brookside Gardens. The Mayor's Christmas Parade. No sure what else. Most events are gonna be inside except for the light shows and stuff, I think.

#6 ·
Does anyone know if the German Christmas Market at the harbor has been doing well? It is returning again this year, so I suspect it is at least doing well enough.

I'd also add to the list the concerts at various churches around town. First and Franklin Presbyterian, Grace and St. Peter's Episcopalian, and Old St. Paul's all offer great choir performances. I'm sure many others do too. They're often free.

#7 ·
The last two years I've been, and it has been hard to move inside of the tents with all of the people eating, drinking, and being merry. If anything, I'd hope that they add some more tent space and make it larger for people to move around in!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.