SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Baltimore's Fell's Point Neighborhood: An Oldie But Still a Goodie

5K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  ExWNY'er 
#1 ·
Before the most recent snowfall, I snapped these shots of Fell's Point. I wish I had waited til after the snow, but I'll have plenty chances to snap the city under snow this winter.

Anyway, Fell's Point is easily one of Baltimore's oldest and most interesting neighborhoods. It was "identified" as Long Island Point in 1670 and in 1726 an English Quaker named William Fell (hence Fell's Point) bought the land and in 1763 the Town of Fell's Point was founded. Two hundred and seventy nine years later, the neighborhood is still one of the most vibrant in Baltimore. Fells Point has become one of the city's most diverse and eclectic areas filled with shops that you'll be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Also, someone requested some shots of Spanishtown (which is just north of Fells Point) on another thread...I included those too. Hope you enjoy.

Baltimore's Spanishtown

See less See more
#8 ·
Great pictures. Fells Point is my favorite part of the waterfront. It's so warty, diverse and full of interesting corners (these pictures don't show many of the warts). While I glad to see all of the development that is happening in the area, I hope it doesn't get so cleaned up so much that they don't let people like me in there.

#10 ·
great photo thread. I can't say it enough just how much I love working in Fells point. Every day at lunch I have the option of walking out and seeing those sights in person. I love bringing clients to the office so we can take them out for lunch in fells as well. And before when I was a youngster, happy hour was fantastic because to get to the bar, all you did was walk. No driving to applebee's or bennigans like at some lame ass business park in Columbia.

#12 ·
jeffbaltimore said:
And before when I was a youngster, happy hour was fantastic because to get to the bar, all you did was walk. No driving to applebee's or bennigans like at some lame ass business park in Columbia.
Here here (written from an office above a manky Giant in Columbia).

Great pics. I look forward to visiting the Robert McClintock gallery. I love his paintings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.